You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: What is so good about DM's?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 08-21-02 11:30 PM EDT (US)   
What is so goos about DM's? I've played them, especially Modern ones, but I've never really liked them. What is so good about them? And why does everyone play them. It seems like no one likes RM's anymore, because they arne't patient enough to actually get their own resources or something. What does anyone else think on this?
Replies:
posted 08-27-02 06:36 AM EDT (US)     26 / 44  
i'll show you a period *mashes mojo's balls with his shoe*

seriously some people just can't help themselves i geuss

posted 08-27-02 06:53 AM EDT (US)     27 / 44  
ROFL!!!!!!
posted 08-27-02 07:36 AM EDT (US)     28 / 44  
DM ISN'T FOR NEWBS AS FOR RM BECAUSE YOU NEED BRAINS FOR BOTH AND IM SURE IF YOU WERE AN RM'ER YOU'D BE ABLE TO BEAT A NEWB AT DM AS WELL AS IN RM.

¤ßøÑ£§¤«†øMߧ†øñË®»™
posted 08-27-02 07:55 AM EDT (US)     29 / 44  
Good economic is really important in DM. I always have one gathering bonus in my DM civ.Depend on what resource i'll use most.

BTW... I really hate that <KOS> face!!! He's a jerk.

[This message has been edited by nvpc2001 (edited 08-27-2002 @ 08:01 AM).]

posted 08-27-02 06:21 PM EDT (US)     30 / 44  
my atomic non-islands civ has an economic bonus

BTW my fake face[ucked] name seems to fool a lot of people, they really think it's him

posted 08-27-02 07:17 PM EDT (US)     31 / 44  
masquerading as someone else doesnt lead to credibility and just adds to the prevailance of poor gamemenship and cheaters and fakes.
posted 08-27-02 07:32 PM EDT (US)     32 / 44  
actually it's a good way to kill boredom, and he really deserves it anyway(i'm not the only one impersonating him)
posted 08-28-02 11:57 AM EDT (US)     33 / 44  
well whatever boats your boat..but its no wonder the EE online community is in the state it is. like I said doesnt help to give the game or yourself any credibility

[This message has been edited by One_Dead_Villy (edited 08-28-2002 @ 11:58 AM).]

posted 08-29-02 00:13 AM EDT (US)     34 / 44  
This has kinda turned into a pathetic thread... ...I think that One_Dead_Villy might hav a point
posted 08-29-02 00:52 AM EDT (US)     35 / 44  
i never actually played the guy it's just that i've seen him spam, and he's so easy to irritate that it's kind of hard not to want to make him mad
posted 08-29-02 01:37 PM EDT (US)     36 / 44  
lol, okay...
posted 09-02-02 06:21 AM EDT (US)     37 / 44  
The EE community is like this because it just hasn't taken off like AoE or AoK did.

This is due to the fact, most of the HG staff and resources go into the sites where the game is made by ES. It seems, this bring more people there. (Then we have the main HG 'community'. That's just OT Heaven!)

Still I think we should just live with the fact EEH isn't as busy as it should have been and stay ON TOPIC!

I think DMs really never took off because even in DM you still don't get enough resources to last a good game. All the units you spent your original resources on are simple wasted in a massive battle that usually occurs in the middle of the map and then it's just like a RM with a city already built.

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - George Bernard Shaw
Age of Empires Heaven Agetoons About Me
posted 09-02-02 05:45 PM EDT (US)     38 / 44  
are you a new cherub? I haven't seen you before.

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
posted 09-03-02 01:48 AM EDT (US)     39 / 44  
I must say, I enjoyed AoK: TC more than EE. EE is very good game, but my heart is still with TC

I dont like EE DM...All your gold and iron is wasted in 5 game min. Then its not fun anymore.

And I like slow games, they fit me

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 09-03-02 07:52 AM EDT (US)     40 / 44  
Um, I was one of the three people promoted after the AoEH revamp. I've been at AoEH for 2 years now. Just came here after getting EE.

Yeah, I agree with Surge, EE DM has too little resources compared to the huge amounts some of the units cost. A AoE/AoK game would get you resources through abotu 20 mins of solid fighting. With EE, the make you initial army and then back to RM. Double or triple resources would be good. (Even infinite resources might be fun!)

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

posted 09-04-02 03:15 PM EDT (US)     41 / 44  
INFINITE???

Then it would be more like "who is fastest"...It may help the guitar n00bs (like me ) to get their fingers on strings faster

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 09-05-02 03:34 PM EDT (US)     42 / 44  
Eh, not always who is the fastest, but who is the best micromanager.

Because if you use your units effectively, like not getting all your units to kill one unit 2 times over but to spread them around the enemy. Then, we may see who is the best army organizer...

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

posted 09-06-02 01:37 AM EDT (US)     43 / 44  
Jajaja I meant micromanagement

posted 09-06-02 10:06 PM EDT (US)     44 / 44  
download AzN's dat file mod "Unlimited resources". The catch is, all players must have it.

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Strategy Forum » What is so good about DM's?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames