Please login or register

Strategy Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Srategy Forum is Dying
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 08-12-02 02:19 AM EDT (US)   
I've notcied lately that the strat forum has become less and less popular. Hardly any posts are being made. Is everyone moving to the general forum or is EE in general getting old and boring.Any comments?

aka

Manfred Von Richtofen II

Replies:
posted 08-23-02 03:10 PM EDT (US)     76 / 88  
I just tested your theory and it is very possible. I played a Modern plains 1v1 agains the computer with the exact same setts as u and got over 69,000 gathered. I have 3 pics to prove it, with the time, how many cits i started with, and the resource page. But im not sure how to post them
posted 08-23-02 04:14 PM EDT (US)     77 / 88  
"Well, after going back and reading the thread again, it's very obvious you should have known I was talking about RM. Any person with common sense would have known this. And to be fair, you didn't give any DM Strats, all you did was agrue my points."

anyone with common sense would have argued DM since that's where the conversation started

"After that statement, there is no way you should have thought I was talking about DM. We were talking about good players games, now obviously a good player can get more than 3 inf out at the 4:45 mark, but it takes a good player to do so in RM."

haven't been to SPSW have you? some people are extremly stupid so seeing someone talk like that about DM would not surprize me

"I just tested your theory and it is very possible. I played a Modern plains 1v1 agains the computer with the exact same setts as u and got over 69,000 gathered. I have 3 pics to prove it, with the time, how many cits i started with, and the resource page. But im not sure how to post them"

SPSW is a good place for uploads, but they require you do some posting first

okay fine but i don't think onedeadvilly said so knowingly considering some of the past things he has said(which he failed to justify in the long post above)

and it certainly means that it's possible to gather way more than 4000 more resources in DM with 20 cits

posted 08-23-02 04:47 PM EDT (US)     78 / 88  

Quote:

anyone with common sense would have argued DM since that's where the conversation started

That's not where the conversation went though. We actually weren't arguing about DM or DM strats, we were arguing about whether a large map closes skill gaps...and I used an RM example to back up my point. Anyone who reads that thread can understand that.

Quote:

haven't been to SPSW have you? some people are extremly stupid so seeing someone talk like that about DM would not surprize me

I go there all the time, post under a different name. And like I said we were talking about good players who wouldn't even think of doing something that stupid.

You lost the argument, just get over it.

P.S. I Notice how you decided to ignore the part of my post about the quoting correctly...yet again. Thx for helping me prove that point

[This message has been edited by SAS_Soldier (edited 08-23-2002 @ 05:04 PM).]

posted 08-23-02 05:03 PM EDT (US)     79 / 88  

Quoted from Anarchy_Balsac1:

okay fine but i don't think onedeadvilly said so knowingly considering some of the past things he has said(which he failed to justify in the long post above)

Selective memory again. Well not surprising, you miss it. Which to any person who bothers to read it explains everything quite clearly and explicitly. As SAS_Soldier pointed out and becoming quite clear, you probably didnt even read the post fully. Do I wont bother accusing you of poor math skills again.

But his 69000 resources gather was predicted by me in my previous post as the near perfect play case. I said it was possible to get 70000 under ideal conditions, while staying within epochs/or researching tech which would change your gathering rate.

Quoted from Anarchy_Balsac1:

and it certainly means that it's possible to gather way more than 4000 more resources in DM with 20 cits

No it doesnt, cause the 20 citizen start isnt the only determining factor in getting more then those 4000 resource. It isnt the key to it anyways but the rate and acceleration of citizens created that is the primary factor. The 20 citizen start only make it easier to start at and sustain the rate of citizen production required.

The numbers I give is also based on gather rate around industrial age or WW1, plus a sustained rate of citizen production of 3 per minute, which is a good production rate but not the best. As mentioned, many many time, you can get more then the numbers I mentioned if you sustain a better citizen production rate. With 20 citizens in DM you can immediately create 4 additional TC's, rather then 3 TC's after around 10 minutes in RM. So unless you are damned slow you are going to be able to produce more then 3 citizens per minute. The 4000 resource extra is if you STILL only manage to produce 3 citizens per minute. But I didnt bother to go into that cause, the issue was 1st you didnt believe the numbers could be that high. So to calculate for 4 citizens per minute or higher would be even more pointless in the argument.

[This message has been edited by One_Dead_Villy (edited 08-23-2002 @ 05:14 PM).]

posted 08-23-02 06:51 PM EDT (US)     80 / 88  
HOLY **** WILL ALL YOU GUYS JUST SHUT THE **** UP AND STOP POLLUTING MY HARMLESS POST FOR ****ING SAKE.

JEEZ I'LL MAKE YOU A PERSONAL POST JUST FOR YOUR FLAME WAR OKAY? HERE IT IS.

aka

Manfred Von Richtofen II

posted 08-23-02 07:39 PM EDT (US)     81 / 88  
one dead villy receives ee brainiac award congradulations...

*gives villes a pb&j sandwhich and pocket protector*

posted 08-23-02 08:41 PM EDT (US)     82 / 88  
CAN ARNARCHY_BALSAC1, SAS_SOLDIER, AND ONE_DEAD_VILLIE PLEASE MOVE TO THE SPECIFIED TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka

Manfred Von Richtofen II

posted 08-23-02 08:42 PM EDT (US)     83 / 88  
Not that i have a problem with your *conversation* but i can't be bothered going to the 9th page of this one every time.

aka

Manfred Von Richtofen II

posted 08-23-02 08:49 PM EDT (US)     84 / 88  
"That's not where the conversation went though. We actually weren't arguing about DM or DM strats, we were arguing about whether a large map closes skill gaps...and I used an RM example to back up my point. Anyone who reads that thread can understand that."

well when it starts out about DM you need to clearify, because due to how stupid people can be, people probably won't understand that unless you tell them

my understanding was that you were just being stupid until you told me it was RM

"I go there all the time, post under a different name. And like I said we were talking about good players who wouldn't even think of doing something that stupid."

okay good players but claiming to be one doesn't make it so

i thought you were a crazy stupid rook how much to i have to say that(i don't now but that's what it looked like)

"You lost the argument, just get over it."

conceded aren't you?

"No it doesnt, cause the 20 citizen start isnt the only determining factor in getting more then those 4000 resource. It isnt the key to it anyways but the rate and acceleration of citizens created that is the primary factor. The 20 citizen start only make it easier to start at and sustain the rate of citizen production required."

okay your only proving my point, that thee is more than those 20 citizens to determine it

yet you ironically say it points the other way

"The 4000 resource extra is if you STILL only manage to produce 3 citizens per minute. But I didnt bother to go into that cause, the issue was 1st you didnt believe the numbers could be that high. So to calculate for 4 citizens per minute or higher would be even more pointless in the argument."

or in other words, if the DMer is retarded

posted 08-23-02 09:04 PM EDT (US)     85 / 88  

Quote:

i thought you were a crazy stupid rook how much to i have to say that(i don't now but that's what it looked like)

Umm...did you even read the quotes I provided from "Civ Powers?" They show that you should have known I was talking about RM well before I came out and said it...I even mentioned "RM" on more than one occasion before that anyway.

Quote:

well when it starts out about DM you need to clearify, because due to how stupid people can be, people probably won't understand that unless you tell them

So your calling youself stupid? Ok I'm fine with that. And furthermore the entire conversation didn't start about DM anyway, it started with me talking about how unbalanced the civs were...and the argument was about whether larger map sizes close skill gaps...how many times do I need to repeat that before it sinks in?

posted 08-23-02 11:08 PM EDT (US)     86 / 88  
"So your calling youself stupid? Ok I'm fine with that. And furthermore the entire conversation didn't start about DM anyway, it started with me talking about how unbalanced the civs were...and the argument was about whether larger map sizes close skill gaps...how many times do I need to repeat that before it sinks in?"

no you idiot, i'm saying people cvan be dumb enough to try a RM strategy in DM:

"i thought you were a crazy stupid rook how much to i have to say that(i don't now but that's what it looked like)"

is it clear now?

posted 08-23-02 11:22 PM EDT (US)     87 / 88  

Quote:

no you idiot, i'm saying people cvan be dumb enough to try a RM strategy in DM:

I and you youself clearly stated we were talking about skilled good players at EE, not stupid rooks that don't know the difference between an RM or DM strat, therefore you should have known we were talking about RM...and even if you didn't I mentioned RM on more than one occasion.

It doesn't suprize me that you didn't see that, with your selective memory and all.

Quote:

is it clear now?

What? That crazy rook quote was from you directed at me.

P.S. I notice yet again that you decided to ignore the part of the post about me telling you how to quote properly...when are you going to start using that, it's the same as making things bold...

~Soldier

[This message has been edited by SAS_Soldier (edited 08-23-2002 @ 11:33 PM).]

posted 08-24-02 12:05 PM EDT (US)     88 / 88  

Questions? Comments? Contact Me

Angel AzN | News Editor Lead EH, HeavenGames LLC
"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
HeavenGames Empires Heaven | 3DMark05 Score 3DMark03 Score | WearYELLOW
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Strategy Forum » Srategy Forum is Dying
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames