You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Tactics Database - Post Your's Here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 02-24-02 09:05 PM EDT (US)   
Okay, lets list the current tactics we know of that would get us more kills and win battles and stuff even with a smaller army. Help me here!

Hills
Put the ranged units on the top of the hill with maybe some splash damange. Unless they are overwhealming you by alot, you will win. Some annoying, some good, some dumb.

Cliffs
Like above but your advantage is much more since they have to walk all the way around to get you.

Through other ends of trees
Just shoot from the other side of the trees with long range. Then block thier exit with melee units.

Prophet Rush
Push a group of units though no matter what. Destroy thier Temple no matter what. Then just walk your Prophets in and earthquake them to death.

Partisan in the Brush
Stick 1 or two Partisans in the trees with Stand Ground (dont have them all grouped.. too easily killed). Let them pick off thier villies one at a time.

Double Sniper
Have 1 sniper at each end of the enemies town. Put them on no attack until your absolutely ready. Then let em rip. They wont know whats happening.

Prophet Bond
Have a Prophet go solo and sneek into the enemies town. Let some Plaagues rip and run away (dont use Earth quake, since you can tell where it comes from).

Observer Nuke
Put an Observer Over an Area. Have your Tridents nearby. They'll all shoot everything in the Obersevrs sight.

Sub Library
Put up a Library of Alexandria. Have your Tridents in the water. They'll be releasing bombs non stop, anihilating everything of the enemies. Make sure your subs are protected from air and sea though.

Death Knights
Have a Large Mass of Cavalry. Build a Temple of Zeus. Then Plague your Cavalry. Wait until the Plague spreads throughout your group. Then run around the enemies town and let them catch the plague. Make sure you destroy thier temple first. Your plague will never kill you because for all the Hitpoints you lose from Plague, your temple will recover.

Farm Fire
If you have noticed, if you cast Firestorm on a farm, it wont spread. Now, just cast it on the Granery. Volia! It kills all thier farms. Hah!

Up and Over
Mass a Bunch of Crossbows. Build a wall around them when they get into enemey territory. Run some unit and so all thier army chases you. Let your nearly unstopable Crossbows mow em down.

Quick Disposal
Have a large army running after you? Have 2 prophets? Cast a plague first. Wait til it spreads. Then run up and cast Malaria. Bam! Entire army gone.

Add yours here:

Angel AzN | News Editor Lead EH, HeavenGames LLC
"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
HeavenGamesEmpires Heaven | 3DMark05 Score3DMark03 Score | WearYELLOW
Replies:
posted 04-22-02 02:01 PM EDT (US)     26 / 56  
One thing to add, Joseph. Build balloons, it boosts their range a TON. That way, bolts come in from another screen, not just far away, and they have no idea they're coming. I've flattened armies twice as large as my own with a couple of waves of artillery bolts.
posted 04-22-02 07:09 PM EDT (US)     27 / 56  
That's what makes the Dragoon/Bombard combo undefeatable except with 2 prophets (Malaria and Plague) .

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
posted 05-12-02 02:54 AM EDT (US)     28 / 56  
tower/prophet combo

first go download the propheteers civ in the utilities section(or build a civ like it)

in a prehistoric DM, build a bunch of towers and temples protecting them and build a prophet with each temple

make sure you mine stone from the start and get fully garrison capitol near the stone mine ASAP

when the opponent attacks use malaria or plague(plague will likely spread across the entire army, but malaria works faster for tower to pick them off)

oh build houses too, and as many capitols as possible(automatic moral to towers)

and of course have upgraded tower range

why this works:

1. not very food dependant - you will need some for the prophets but the enemy will spend a lot more food garenteed and you can't farm in this age

2. prehistoric infantry are weak - they have low hit points, and the only ranged unit(rock throwers) do 1 HP of damage vs. towers and will be out ranged by YOUR towers(their rock throwers with upgrades will have range of 4, your towers with the upgrade will have range of 6)

3. ultra temple protection, if you did what i said you should have temples protecting everything, thus their last spec of hope is lost

Anarchy_Balsac(owner of Anarchy clan in ee)
posted 05-13-02 02:23 AM EDT (US)     29 / 56  
In small islands maps i used to find it really hard to defend them and keep them under my control. But now in the renaissance-industrial once i've got stacks of resources i just use this strat:Once you've invaded an island make 5 stables. After that get every stable building ranged cavalry. Once you have enough set them all to explore. You will end up with and entire island crawling with horses that shoot any transport, ship or fishing boat as soon as it comes into site. ENJOY!
posted 05-13-02 03:51 AM EDT (US)     30 / 56  
that's extremly clever, and by the time they break through(IF they do) you should have a new army

thumbs up on that one

posted 05-29-02 00:06 AM EDT (US)     31 / 56  
know something really weird sword men can kill eagles...just a fact i wanted to say

my EE muliplayer name is tÅnk.
posted 05-29-02 01:15 AM EDT (US)     32 / 56  
oh and ask poorcountryboy, he felt the wrath of my tower/prophet combo today

posted 05-29-02 08:57 PM EDT (US)     33 / 56  
In Island maps, the key is to blockade, and keep them away from a forward base. I found that if you take a forward island quickly, and make a dock there, you can effectively build a stronger navy faster. Then you should be able to blockade their main island. I used this effectively many times, especially in the renaisansse-industrial. Even surrounding them with frigates and galleons will work. eventually yo can build a small army, but you will be able to build the colliseum by then, and have enough of a bonus to recover from the pop the ships take up.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
posted 06-05-02 01:56 AM EDT (US)     34 / 56  
Be aware, that some of these tactics (or strategies) are newbies on newbies...

i concur with some collegues that a trident sub is just too expensive to build and use in a haphazardly coordinated attack.

You will get blown out the water, boys.

The original post seems very expertish, and i found it very helpful. However, some of the build time in setting up the tactics, i believe could be spend on making a balanced, well trained army of various unit types.

[This message has been edited by Sangre Combativa (edited 06-05-2002 @ 02:00 AM).]

posted 06-05-02 04:27 AM EDT (US)     35 / 56  
not in Death Match it's not

in fact, if you don't have a trident sub and your playing a DM you sacrifice a potential advantage

they of course come gaurded by lot's of subs, battleships, and cruisers

posted 06-09-02 02:17 AM EDT (US)     36 / 56  
Two ideas: One for protecting against a siege and one for winning a siege.

Slaugthergate:
Build a portcullis, or two gates across a narrow choke point. Leave plenty of room between them. In that area build several Towers, and use your bonuses to get attack bonuses. Now send out a cheap unit to get the enemy's attention. Lead them into the open space. Here they are caught in a crossfire from the Towers in a n enclosed area, and should be quickly killed. This is a modification off of another tactic, I'll admit it, but it allows you to focus you resources on building a massive army that isn't getting killed ambushing, while some citizens can repair any damage with just two or three mining stone.

Distraction:
If laying siege to an enemy with a large border, confusion is the best bet. Attack one area of his defenses. When his men run out to attack you, strike another area, and pull out the first group. When the response group responds, pull out that group, and send in another one as far away from the enemy as possible. When the defenders arrive, have you units gone. Now, while the units are still distant, use all the units from the first attacks to punch a hole in the defenses and rampage through his base while his defenders try to return. This will only work with a large defense perimeter, and the amount of feints can be varied to throw your enemy off even more.

posted 06-16-02 04:16 AM EDT (US)     37 / 56  
oh and Ace here has also felt the pain of the tower/prophet combo now

posted 06-17-02 01:41 AM EDT (US)     38 / 56  
Oh....btw Im the ACE that Anarchy_balsac1 was talking about....

My Sierra Name is FighterAce....

posted 06-17-02 01:46 AM EDT (US)     39 / 56  
ha, i thought you were joking when you said you were.........(well you)

posted 06-17-02 02:58 AM EDT (US)     40 / 56  
Btw...does the prophet+tower combo work in the Stone Age ???
posted 06-17-02 03:13 AM EDT (US)     41 / 56  
no, because they can use sampsons

posted 07-03-02 00:53 AM EDT (US)     42 / 56  
here's one i tried on toxic tank during a dark deathmatch saturday at 2:00 am

if your in a situation where both your bases are getting wiped out, scatter your cits everywhere and put up TCs near mines and graneries just about anywhere

keep expanding like this and build a small military base and temples, use your lite military to keep them occupied(hopefully kill what cits they have left too[i got tank's cits]) and run at their forward base with prophets

he quit before i could prophet him but my military kept him occupied

posted 07-08-02 07:20 PM EDT (US)     43 / 56  
A good idea for imperial-industrial age:

Pick a civ with high infantry bonuses. Now start pumping out musketeers/grenadiers. Increase their attack and range primarily, then set them all to stand ground. In large enough groups they will kill anything that attacks very quickly, supported by medics, serpentines and cavalry they can wipe out your enemy in a surprisingly fast time for an infantry army. he key is that they STAND GROUND --also, place them in line formation so that more fire can be laid down in a short time. Use serpetines to destroy towers and imperial curriassers to hunt down bombards and snipers, which are the biggest threat.

I am The Ace of Blades...the last and greatest of the Blademasters...
posted 07-20-02 08:26 PM EDT (US)     44 / 56  
Hey, this is an important tactic in defense. Morale. It is SO underestimated. I played a game just this morning, and this guy attacked me with a bunch of pikemen. (This was the middle ages by the way.) I had eight houses within the range of my capitol, and when he made it past my wall, he didn't even stand a chance. Basically, the morale reduces damage, and increases attack by 10% PER house. so up to 80%!!! This just kills when the enemy doesn't have ANY sort of advantage of this sort. I think that it works best in the earlier ages, but try it with some upgraded elite guards in the imperial and industrial vs grenadiers, or with anything else, and you'll notice a BIG difference in the outcome of the battle. (By the way, Morale affects AA guns and TOWERS TOO!)
posted 08-10-02 01:47 AM EDT (US)     45 / 56  
hey remember that strat i tried on tank? well i just did it to Alaric the Goth in a renaissance DM

and i was beating him too when he had to leave(i used plague on mining cits, then a volcano lol)

posted 08-14-02 08:30 AM EDT (US)     46 / 56  
I have a wicked stratagy that works best on the computer even better in modern to nano age.
You take 1 trasport load it with 5 citizens and send to the opponent's base, you then unload them somewhere where they can't see you but you see them, eg you've built Library of Alexandria, the you build a settlement and populate it with those citizens so it's a town center, then if your in the WW1 to Nano Epochs then build an airbase, if you can build nuke bombers if not build fighter/bombers then kill em with you airbase, plus if you rushed ahead and were lucky you should be ahead and they won't have AA defense if not then it will be a hard time, if your not able to build an airbase then build barracks, Siege Factorys, any military building and build as much as you can and invade.

Tactic 2,

If you can't sspare a citizen then build a medium to large army and send priest along too convert a few citizens to build a foward base.

Zalao

posted 08-16-02 09:16 PM EDT (US)     47 / 56  
You know, that's one of the most BASIC strategies ever devised? I mean, really, who doesn't know that one. You know what a weird but quite effective strat for starting out is? You take 5 citz, and put them into a town center, and then you group the town center and your capitol, and, voila, citizens twice as fast. eventually, you can get six towncenters, and just send off groups of citz to mines and have a powerful economy.
posted 08-23-02 05:58 PM EDT (US)     48 / 56  
This is good in DM's too, even though I think DM's are BS, lol.
posted 08-27-02 00:38 AM EDT (US)     49 / 56  
i usually try to get about 7 TCs and build 20 cits with each of them(talking DM of course)
posted 09-01-02 09:34 AM EDT (US)     50 / 56  

Quote:

That's what makes the Dragoon/Bombard combo undefeatable except with 2 prophets (Malaria and Plague)

Everyone seems to try this. Mass Bombards(range, area andattack increases) with gun inf(health, attack, range increases) in front and have a few balloons ready. Then have a group of sword cav with speed health and attack upgrades off to the side. When he comes in, target the inf with your army, and when he's distracted, come in on the bombards with sword cav.

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Strategy Forum » Tactics Database - Post Your's Here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames