You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

EE Scenario Design & Modding
Moderated by Soty

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: FULL list of "Attack Modes" values for units in hex.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 05-27-13 05:38 AM EDT (US)   
UPDATE 1/20/16: Forlins has figured out EXACTLY what these values do, and why some of them affect only certain families, I will copy-paste:

"CRITICAL HIT!!! I discovered what "Attack mode" in dbobject.dat actually is!!

It's the index of the multiplier in the dbfamily table!!!
Take the Stinger or Missile trooper unit: they have AttackMode 07 00 00 00.
Now go to the table I'm building, go to the first multiplier (just right of family ID) and count from 0. The number 7 is... their multiplier!!
Repeat with Sampson/Ram: their attack mode is 13 00 00 00 (19 in decimal). Go to the 19th multiplier in the dbfamily table... yes, that's right!

Essentially, when a unit is attacked, the game compare the attacker "attack mode" with the target "family".
Example: a Spearman hit a Clubman. Spearman has attack mode 35 (53 in decimal) and Clubman belong to the "Human Sword" family, so the game open dbfamily, go to "Human Sword" and take the 53th multiplier!"
Forum topic here, comment #180:
http://ee.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=3&tn=38150&f=3,,0,365&st=150

Thanks to the microsoft word document "200864222055 (NOT from BOOST15673).doc" included in my realism mod's file I found out the "attack mode" location of Hyperion 1. As helpful as this guide is, it is incomplete. Observe below, using Hyperion 1's "attack mode" value. I have changed it to EVERY single hex number from "00" - "FF" to see what combinations come out. Below is a 100% COMPLETE list of different "attack modes", which can be used, seemingly, for ANY unit in EE!! YOU'RE WELCOME!

P.S. - Attack Mode is simply what type of units it can attack.

P.S.S. - There seem to be no other possible "attack modes" besides these denoted below. For example, I could not get a value to make a unit attack nothing but wild animals.

Here is the screenshot of where Hyperion 1's "attack mode" is located, this single value:

Fires at NOTHING AT ALL!:
24, 25, 3B, 3C, 42, 43, 6A, 6B, 81, 82, 88, 89, B0, B1, C7, C8, CE, CF, DB, DD, E4, F6, F7

Fires at air units only Values:
07, 0C, 4D, 52, 98

Fires at ground units only Values:
E5

Fires at subs only Values:
09, 4F, 95

Fires at space units only Values:
3F, 41, 85, 87, CB, CD, D9, DE

Fires at ships only Values:
0B, 51, 97

Fires at buildings only Values:
13, 59, 9F

Fires at ground and subs only Values:
1A

Fires at ground and wild animals only Values:
14, 5A, 5B, A0

Fires at subs and ships units only Values:
12, 58, 9E

Fires at space and buildings only Values:
3D, 83, C9

Fires at ground, buildings and wild animals only Values:
08, 33, 4E, 79, 94, BF

Fires at ground, ships and wild animals only Values:
1E, 64, AA

Fires at ground, ships and buildings only Values:
2F, 75, BB

Fires at air, ground, ship and building units only Values:
28, 29, 3A, 6E, 6F, 80, B4, B5, C6

Fires at air, sub, ship and building units only Values:
F0

Fires at ground, ships, buildings, wild animals units only Values:
00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 0A, 0D, 0E, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1B, 1C, 1F, 21, 22, 26, 27, 2A, 2B, 2D, 2E, 30, 31, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 46, 48, 49, 4A, 4B, 4C, 50, 53, 54, 56, 57, 5C, 5D, 5E, 5F, 61, 62, 65, 67, 68, 6C, 6D, 70, 71, 73, 74, 76, 77, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D, 7E, 7F, 8C, 8E, 8F, 90, 91, 92, 93, 96, 99, 9A, 9C, 9D, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A7, A8, AB, AD, AE, B2, B3, B6, B7, B9, BA, BC, BD, C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5

Fires at ships, subs, ground and buildings only Values:
01, 47, 8D, D3

Fires at air, ground, ships, buildings and wild animals only Values:
0F, 1D, 20, 23, 32, 55, 63, 66, 69, 78, 9B, A9, AC, AF, BE

Fires at air, ground, subs, ships, buildings units only Values:
D2, D4, D5, D6, D7, D8, DA, DC, DF, E0, E2, E3, E6, E7, E8, E9, EA, EB, EC, ED, EE, EF, F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F8, F9, FC, FD, FE, FF

Fires at ground, subs, ships, buildings and wild animals units only Values:
1A, 2C, 60, 72, A6, B8

Fires at air, ground, subs, space, ships and buildings only Values:
E1

Fires at ground, subs, space, ships and buildings units only Values:
FA, FB

Fires at air, ground, space, ships, buildings and wild animals only Values:
3E, 84, CA

Fires at air, ground, subs, space, ships, buildings and wild animals (basically everything) only Values:
40, 44, 45, 86, 8A, 8B, CC, D0, D1

[This message has been edited by BOOST15673 (edited 01-20-2016 @ 08:38 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-30-13 02:27 AM EDT (US)     26 / 39  
Thanks Forlins, Boost! I overlooked the speed notation, so I'll include it in my file. The range explanations are a bit tricky, but I think I can manage.

As to the attack and transport capacities, I already tried what you did, Boost, just giving them an arbitrary value, and yes, they do not crash, but they do not attack either. In the case of the engineer, they try to, but since no animation is there for them to use, they are acting weird. The units they are attacking are not taking damage too. Transport capacities doesn't work either, since they appear as if they already have the maximum limit.

I also have tried switching unit-behaviors. For example, I made C-47 "helicopter transport" instead of the default "bomber", and lo and behold, the C-47 is hovering! But no, they don't get the transport capability, even though having 10 in transport cap. I have a theory that all of this allowing attack, allowing transport can be turned on and off, just like walking cliffs and cloaking.

For now, what you gave me, Boost and Forlins, are a great help. Thanks a lot! Expect a lot of (annoying!) questions from me now.

My Profile in Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Two Flags: Battle for Africa ||Jun 2023
My Profile in Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
AOK Designer of the Year 2012
Core Team Member & Site Co-Administrator,Empire Creations
posted 07-30-13 01:29 PM EDT (US)     27 / 39  
Alright tough guy, you give us the annoying hexing questions, and I give you the annoying triggering questions. I think this should work out fine yes? Haha

I also had a theory about changing the Palisade Wall to "Defensive" building or something, that units would actually get damaged by touching it, although I haven't tried it yet.

About the C-47 hovering. I think you have to do more than just change what it is. Apparently, you made it hover, but there is something else that must be defined so that per se, the game knows it's a transport helicopter rather than just a standard attack helicopter albeit with no attack.
posted 07-31-13 11:29 AM EDT (US)     28 / 39  
Haha.. Bring it on then! I'll start:

I'm planning to have the Sea King to be created in the aircraft carrier. It's tech ID is already inside Enterprise, and the number of units that can be built there has increased (from 5 to 6 objects). I'm thinking that maybe, I need to change some values in the Sea King code itself to allow it to be built in Enterprise, but I don't know where that code is. Any help?

My Profile in Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Two Flags: Battle for Africa ||Jun 2023
My Profile in Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
posted 08-04-13 02:38 AM EDT (US)     29 / 39  
Got it to work, and I'm almost done with my first ever Modification.

I'll soon post a thread here to discuss what I have done with WW1 to Modern Ages, and let you guys (especially the ones who still play online) to see how the mod fare in online gaming. Single player won't be much of a problem, but I'm thinking that higher unit cost (although decreased build time) would make online game a pain in the neck. Just ironing out some more details, and I'll post a thread within the week.

posted 08-07-13 03:07 AM EDT (US)     30 / 39  
Ah dang it I had my Surgery July 31st and thus was absent. Good to see that you got the Sea King working! Well once I get some trigger questions, I'll hit you up via topic or PM on Empire Creations. Still working on getting that damn realistic tributing system to work.
posted 08-07-13 04:43 AM EDT (US)     31 / 39  
I do hope that the Surgery went as well as you and your doctors are hoping!

As to the modification, I have been playing on Random Maps. The attack-Hp ratios are pretty fantastic (since they are all tied to records of muzzle velocity and caliber of each historical weapon used), but I got this nagging feeling that the AI is pretty much affected by the change in costs.

You see, since I based my costing to real world costs (for example, the most expensive unit is the trident, which is USD 2 Billion dollars translated to 4,000 gold in game), the AI seems to spawn endless snipers and trench mortars (which are relatively cheap to go by in-game). I think I need to see a balance between being too realistic, and having good gameplay.

posted 08-07-13 05:20 AM EDT (US)     32 / 39  
Yep, one of the Surgeons made sure that the actual operating Surgeons, which was a female, didn't mess up at all. My two main worries did not happen. One being that my nerves get damaged or even completely die off, and two being that I would become unfruitful. Surgeon said both is fine

Oh yeah, the AI is definitely affected. It does however adapt to the mods like it should. It becomes, in a way, strategic, it only builds what it can afford. BUT, have you tried both random map games, and a random map with the scenario tweak "Cheats unchecked"? That is how I test my mods.

Nice, that Trident sounds very realistic. BUT, maybe you should add a trigger system to it, tell the people how to add it to their games, and BAM, even more realism. For example, a Trident can fire more than one missile at once. Via triggers, you can up the reload speed, and then have another trigger (somehow) detect "If Trident has fired __ shots, then do not fire for __ seconds" then, as a random example, you could make the Trident fire 3 missiles at once, then wait like 3 - 5 seconds, and it fires 3 again! This is what I am trying to do with all units that can do this (Centurion Tank, Battleship - Bismarck, Flak Halftrack, AA Tower, etc.), but I have made 0 headway since 4 days now...

The way I am making my realism mod is simple. Realism is all that's needed. AFTER I am fully 100% done with it, I will try and learn some AI triggers, and hopefully make the AI become competitive like real nations, within the realism mod, gotta do this for 15 AIs, oh joy haha. Maybe you could try something like that. Can you do it? You're the trigger god, of course! Is it worth all the harsh time and effort? That is the big question...

[This message has been edited by BOOST15673 (edited 08-07-2013 @ 05:21 AM).]

posted 08-08-13 09:41 AM EDT (US)     33 / 39  
Thank you for the great idea. I'll see what I can do. I was hoping we can discover how the Command Unit can fire 2 ways, I think it can be done for others as you've presented here.

I have also revamped my costing schedule, and I included a sort of "ammunition cost" equal to the attack value of each unit, so that units having greater attack are more expensive to produce. Now, the AI is being strategic, and I like that better than before. I'll keep you informed.

posted 08-08-13 01:15 PM EDT (US)     34 / 39  
AWESOME MAN. I do however think you could make it more realistic by triggering ammo costs. Something like "If Player 1 does not pay ____ Gold, then unit cannot attack" I dunno, probably easier done than understood in your case
posted 08-10-13 07:53 AM EDT (US)     35 / 39  
We could do that via triggers, but it will involve either (1) changing the unit without ammo to another player, or (2) having all of that class attack value to 0, which is not ok for gameplay.

I have a question for you and the others: I'm trying to have Naval Mines created either by the Engineer or the Trawler, or Cruiser. I have been able to add the naval mine to the respective units, the mine is being created, but the mine doesn't show outside of the unit supposedly creating it. I think there is a value somewhere that "allows" all units to create other units. Any progress on this?

posted 08-10-13 09:57 AM EDT (US)     36 / 39  
This should be a problem with the naval mine object, not a problem with "unit create another unit" since, the button appear on the ship and it creates the mine.

If it doesn't appear, maybe it's because the game only load the graphics for mines when game start or when the mine is created from a trigger.
You can try this: create the mine, save the game, reload. If it doesn't works, try exit to main menu and reload. If still doesn't works try exit the game, run it again and reload.
If the mine appears after you load the game, then the problem is the way the game load the graphic. And I don't know if we can do anything...

WHAT IS DONE, IS DONE

[This message has been edited by Forlins (edited 08-10-2013 @ 09:58 AM).]

posted 08-10-13 02:03 PM EDT (US)     37 / 39  
Thanks for the response Forlins. Every time I make changes in the db file, I quit EE and run it again, so the reload and such is not applicable to me. The naval mine is not showing. I have tried doing this too with some other units (Naval Yard to create C-47, which I made to be sort of Catalina similar to AOC's), as well as my plan of changing not so needed units (ex: Sopwith Triplane) to become Space Units. I have been able to add the units I wish to be created, but the units themselves don't "go out" of their "mother" unit.

posted 08-10-13 02:09 PM EDT (US)     38 / 39  
No, I'm not talking about about reload when you change the db, but I mean:

After you've added the mine to the ship in the db run the game.

Play any map with water so you can create the ship. Select the ship and click the "Create Naval Mine" button. Wait until it finish. The problem is: the mine doesn't appear, right?
Now try save the game and reload and check if the mine appears.

WHAT IS DONE, IS DONE

[This message has been edited by Forlins (edited 08-10-2013 @ 02:17 PM).]

posted 08-11-13 08:07 AM EDT (US)     39 / 39  
Thank you for clarifying that. Now, I have done what you suggested, and an odd thing I have observed: the naval mine's cost is being deducted in game, the naval mine doesn't appear, and I save the game, just as you suggested. I quit EE, play it again, and reload the saved game, and surpringly, the naval mine's cost is NOT deducted, and no naval mine exists.

This I think is really related to having some units become "buildable" or not in the game code.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Scenario Design & Modding » FULL list of "Attack Modes" values for units in hex.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames