Bottom
Topic Subject: My Hex guide
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
posted 11-02-12 03:01 AM EDT (US)   
Check my guide pdf file
With A total of 8 files
http://www.mediafire.com/?k5jv1obbr42bzl4
I will continue when i have a time
The Bytes I Did not understand in all files is what i called it Game ID which is existing in all db files!!
Check it out if u can figure it out!! it is very weird
Making it being Zero will let game working without any crash so what use of it?

Dbbutton.dat Hex File,I knew all bits of it

Of course this is the same for other bits
Dbtechtree.dat
I knew mostly all bits except 4 bits!FB01

[This message has been edited by alfrqan (edited 01-12-2013 @ 05:41 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-02-12 03:33 AM EDT (US)     1 / 190  
Hi there! That's a useful information, if ever you feel like putting up a more comprehensive, but understandable tutorial on how to Hex, then it will be greatly appreciated by the community. I suggest you release one, for all of us dumbheads out there. :P

My Profile in Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Two Flags: Battle for Africa ||Jun 2023
My Profile in Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
AOK Designer of the Year 2012
Core Team Member & Site Co-Administrator,Empire Creations
posted 11-02-12 04:04 AM EDT (US)     2 / 190  
I am doing A patch for empire earth in gameranger community which improves EE and Add new things.
I will make full guide for All Files SooN
I have analyzed nearly all files.I will try keep giing u new hints while i am free.I am busy nowadays and these my old stuffs..you can try my alpha 1.5 patch for empire earth
It has many new things which was not included in EE itself.
Get alpha 1.5 from here
http://ottawalive.com/MW/m/files/download/Alpha-1-5_OFFicial
Just keep waiting my hex guides SooN
Thank you mate ^_^

posted 11-02-12 05:04 AM EDT (US)     3 / 190  
Thank you very much, very good guide.

AlFrQaN could tell me where is the file upload limit mine, I put that 8 people collect them.
posted 11-02-12 06:35 AM EDT (US)     4 / 190  
welcome Darkonen
Hmm you mean where you could find the limit of citizens per mine? because you want to increase the number of citizens which are able to gather a mine?

posted 11-02-12 07:03 AM EDT (US)     5 / 190  
If that's what I mean.

Because I'm doing a mod empire earth and would like to increase the limit mining to be able to collect more resources and create more factories, units and citizens in less time and thus create great battles between empires.

Is I searched but not found and could use great.

Is to continue with the mod you do if you have a look:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/empire-earth-the-art-of-war
posted 11-02-12 08:09 AM EDT (US)     6 / 190  
You would do increase the rate of gathering by getting the new game varients i had made ..I made Deathmatch Gamevarient which increase the rate of gathering with more than 1.6 of tournemant.If you want me to increase the number of citizens i will search about that in the files of the game when i am free..

http://ee.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2894

posted 11-02-12 08:20 AM EDT (US)     7 / 190  
Okay, thank you very much!
posted 11-02-12 10:45 AM EDT (US)     8 / 190  
We have good people coming now, wanting to edit many stuff in EE, and I am personally pleased on all of you. Please do continue giving us guides, it will extend Empire Earth's life a few years more.

Speaking of which, you do know that EE will be turning 11 Years old this Nov. 23, right?

My Profile in Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Two Flags: Battle for Africa ||Jun 2023
My Profile in Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
AOK Designer of the Year 2012
Core Team Member & Site Co-Administrator,Empire Creations
posted 11-10-12 02:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 190  
i will contribute!

db objects!

EE Projects:
Cyborg - Dbobjects hexing started
Predator - Demo out, on hold, waiting feedback
posted 11-10-12 07:19 PM EDT (US)     10 / 190  
Thanks!!!
posted 11-11-12 12:19 PM EDT (US)     11 / 190  
thank you very much alfrqan and jcgf
btw that means that i can add area of attack to tanks right ??
posted 11-12-12 02:06 PM EDT (US)     12 / 190  
I found Range and LOS a long time ago when working on EEv2, but I can't remember where exactly they were. All I remember is they were really weird values (not 5, 6, etc. like reflected in the game).

EDIT: I believe that the 40 40 and 80 40 bytes in that picture toward the beginning are Range and LOS, and the unit fire rate is somewhere nearby. It's a shame, I should've made a guide when finding out all this stuff, I forgot most of it.

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 11-12-2012 @ 02:08 PM).]

posted 11-15-12 10:33 PM EDT (US)     13 / 190  
Thanks for the guide! I may be a beginner hex editor, but still quite interested in it. You can see my work here:
http://ee.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2885

Does it seem good for a beginner?

Anyways, thanks for this man, definitely saving this as this will help me if I ever go back to hex editing. You're a great dude for posting this! Are you sure you don't work for SSSI or Sierra and got laid off when they disbanded? You're skill level seems suitable for that title! Good job man, we need more people like you.
posted 11-18-12 07:01 AM EDT (US)     14 / 190  
Oh Yeah.
Good Job my Friend.

A New Resource oil. I am amazed

How does it work? Please enter image.
Please explain it.

[This message has been edited by Teutonen Ritter (edited 11-18-2012 @ 07:34 AM).]

posted 11-18-12 08:41 AM EDT (US)     15 / 190  
I did not do anything with adding a new resource for oil. That is what "Darkonen" is up to I believe.
posted 12-12-12 01:00 PM EDT (US)     16 / 190  
I will work out in getting new resources SooN when i have time..I will see if that is possible

posted 12-14-12 08:06 AM EDT (US)     17 / 190  
I thought I would add what I found out also, I found the Range of the Hand Cannoneer, Trench Mortar and Heavy Mortar. Although there is a problem. You see the values are all 41? Yeah, let's say I am editing the range from the Trench Mortar, if I change this value to 40, the range is 3, if I change it to 42, then it's 40!! I may have found only a part of the Range, but it's still better than nothing right?!

posted 12-24-12 08:12 AM EDT (US)     18 / 190  
which field that affect what Military Civ'bonus that a unit can recieves?
posted 01-08-13 09:47 AM EDT (US)     19 / 190  
That's the unit set. When you extract the data.ssa there's a Converter Output txt file that gives the unit set IDs, then you can find that ID in the unit itself in dbobjects (or maybe dbtechtree, I can't remember) then simply modify that.

Has anyone been able to find the allows HP, attack, speed upgrade, etc. bytes?
I thought I would add what I found out also, I found the Range of the Hand Cannoneer, Trench Mortar and Heavy Mortar. Although there is a problem. You see the values are all 41? Yeah, let's say I am editing the range from the Trench Mortar, if I change this value to 40, the range is 3, if I change it to 42, then it's 40!! I may have found only a part of the Range, but it's still better than nothing right?!
The Range values are strange. From my days of creating EEv2, if I remember correctly A0 40 is 5, 80 40 is 6, C0 40 is 7, 00 41 is 8, etc. It was something weird like that. The Range, LOS, and firing rate bytes are all in that order toward the beginning of the dbobjects data for each unit (I can't remember the exact locations but they're easy to find).

For that Hand Cannoneer, for example, the 00 41's all correspond to those three values (and happen to be the same). I have no idea why the Range/LOS aren't simply the numbers reflected in the game, but they're still easy to change through swapping.

To change the range of the unit, just swap the Range bytes with a unit who has the Range that you want to change it to.

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 01-08-2013 @ 09:54 AM).]

posted 01-08-13 09:52 AM EDT (US)     20 / 190  
In case it interests any of you since you haven't seem to have found it yet, the unit graphic size is circled in red below:

Let me know if you have any questions, I might know the answer.

EE forever
posted 01-08-13 09:59 AM EDT (US)     21 / 190  
I done a part of the guide_Finishing all analyzes of dbstarting resources
here
http://www.mediafire.com/?7gcti7qk95hunhy

[This message has been edited by alfrqan (edited 01-08-2013 @ 05:47 PM).]

posted 01-08-13 03:06 PM EDT (US)     22 / 190  
Thanks a lot Ashrzr. I am trying to do something similar to you with EEv2, I am doing a total conversion, well I mean a complete mod. Only mine is a "realism mod". So I was wondering, what if I wanted to make a unit have a range that no unit or building in the game has? I would just have to find the closest range number and keep messing around with the values increasing them until I got the right range don't I?

Graphic Scale, FINALLY, thanks. Now we see why I call you the most honorable god here. I may be the only one who thinks this, but from modders, I think you might have the best knowledge aka are the best modder at EE Heaven.
posted 01-08-13 05:19 PM EDT (US)     23 / 190  
BOOST Check this Link for final Guide for Now
http://www.mediafire.com/?7gcti7qk95hunhy
Any Comment let me know

[This message has been edited by alfrqan (edited 01-08-2013 @ 05:47 PM).]

posted 01-09-13 06:13 AM EDT (US)     24 / 190  
I read through it, it is very useful. Adding in a new resource. Hmm, I will use your guide and see what I can create, thanks.
posted 01-09-13 01:44 PM EDT (US)     25 / 190  
Added dbbuttons.dat file into the guide
SO Now i explained dbstartingresources.dat, dbbuttons.dat
+how to edit EE exactly with hexadecimals
http://www.mediafire.com/?uz6muo5ef0gb3ms
I will continue when i have a time

[This message has been edited by alfrqan (edited 01-09-2013 @ 01:45 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Scenario Design & Modding » My Hex guide
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: