EE Scenario Design & Modding
Moderated by Soty

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: HappyHippyHarry's Trigger centre
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13  Next Page »
posted 08-19-08 04:36 AM EDT (US)   
Do you really need to know a trigger that isn't listed in "scenario editor techniques"? or you simply can't be bothered to create your own thread? You've come to the right place. Ask me a question about triggers and I'll try my hardest to answer it for you. I will edit this post and enter the questions and answers.

Eg.

HappyHippyHarry asked: How do I respawn units?

1) make an object for p1. eg. Bob
2) make an effect creating Bob.
3) in "Triggers" under "condition" find "Bob exists"
4) Tick the box saying "If not"
5) Add the effect in and make it looping

* Note - To prevent glitching of the triggers make the condition p1 loss = 1 to p1 loss >=1. Also unless you are making each player have only 1 unit than make
p1's loss - 1 instead of making it 0.

---------------------------------------------------

HappyHippyHarry asked: How can I make it so that you can buy and sell unit attributes or resources?

Buying:
1) make an area.
2) make an object that p1 is in the area.
3) make any class attribute improvement you want.
4) make an effect that p1 gold - 10
5) make a condition that p1 gold = 10
6) make a trigger that if ( p1 object )
exists, then ( p1 gold - 10 and ) and
( p1 class attribute + X ) make it looping and true for N seconds.
Selling:
1) make an area.
2) make an object that p1 is in the area.
3) make any clas attribute you want to take away from you want.
4) make an effect making p1 gold + 10
5) make a trigger that if ( p1 object exists ) then ( p1 gold + 10 ) and ( p1 class attribute - X ) make it looping and true for N seconds.

-----------------------------------------------------

Mike Bul asked: I wanna when an object reaches an area Object to do something. How can i do it?

1.In "areas" Create the area you wish for the person to reach. Eg. Town Square.
2. Go into "objects" and select the desired object(s). Check the box that says "in area" and choose "town square" from the drop down menu. Call the object "Bob in town square"
3. Create your effect that you wish to happen
4 In "trigerrs" select "condition" and choose "Bob in town square exists"
5 Then add in your effect(s).

------------------------------------------------------

EmpireMaster asked: How do I get repeating waves of units every 10 mins?

1.) make an object that defines the group of unit you want to have (object definition + area where you want to spawn)
= 'unit1

2.) make an effect that spawns the unit group
= 'create unit'

3.) make an effect that sends the groups from the area where they spawn to the area they shall attack (or the object)
= 'task area' or 'task object'

4.) create the trigger saying:

IF 'always true'
THEN 'create unit1' and 'task object'
looping: yes
condition true for: 600 seconds

----------------------------------------------

GRIMES asked: I guess this is a noob question, but how can I set it if specific units die (2 in my case) player wins?

This is very simple.
1- Make an object that holds both the units you want to die in order to win. "Object1"(Select on map will do)
2- Make an effect: Player>Victory >Player1 = "effect1"
3- Make a trigger with the following specifications:
IF [x]NOT "Object1 exists"
THEN "effect1"

looping?: NO
conditions true for: NOT TICKED

-----------------------------------------------

GRIMES asked: I want to when i find two cargo trucks I receive ownership. How do i do it?

1- Make an object: eg. like Bob
2- Make an object: select objects on map - select your two cargo trucks(if they are in different locations, you need to make 2 objects) tick the LOS box and select "bob" from the dropdown list
3- make an effect "change owner"
4- make the trigger:
IF "Bob"
THEN "change owner"

--------------------------------------------------

Vincentk83 asked:

1: when scenario starts I want to put some text on the left and screen is dark.
2: I want to put the camera in a precise place after this dark screen.
3: when a specific unit gets killed i want to get some new units on the map (actually some tanks and artillery on a transport ship)
4: I want to rename heroes

(Answers by shieldwolf23)
On 1:

a. “Object” > Select on map any object. Label this STARTER.
b. “Effect” > “Player” > “Visibility-Off”. This is to ensure your map really starts in black. Label this BLACK.
c. “Effect” > “Media” > “Send Chat Message”. Put your message here. Adjust number to desired length of time the message will appear onscreen. Label this MESSAGE.
d.“Trigger” > “Condition”. Place STARTER as condition. No Check.
e. “Trigger” > “Effect”> “BLACK” > “1” > “MESSAGE”. Delays are used to ensure sequence of effects being fired.
f. TRIGGER is ON.

On 2: What do you want to achieve here, Vince? A mere camera positioning, or a prelude to a dialogue or emphasis on a unit character? Please elaborate here.

On 3: If you want tanks and artillery on a transport ship, just create these units using another player and this is a ONE TIME trigger, then:
a. “Object” > Select the transport ship. Be sure the tanks and artillery are inside it. Label it TRANSPORT.
b. “Object” > Select on map. This is the Specific Unit to be killed. Label this SPEC.
c. “Effect” > “Object” > “Task-Area”. Select TRANSPORT and “Offmap”. This will make the transport unit NOT available until the specific unit is killed. Label this OFFMAP TRANSPORT.
d. “Effect” > “Object” > “Task-Area”. Select TRANSPORT and “Previous Location”. This will make the transport unit available after the specific unit is killed. Label this ONMAP TRANSPORT.
e. “Effect” > “Object” > “Owner”. Select TRANPORT and “Player 1”. I assume that after killing the specific unit, the player will get the transport, not the computer. Label this P1 TRANSPORT.

Trigger 1: To make the transport not available:
a. “Trigger” > “Condition” > “TRANSPORT”
b. “Trigger” > “Effect” > “OFFMAP TRANSPORT”

Trigger 2: To have the transport after specific unit is killed:
a. “Trigger” > “Condition” > “SPEC”. Checked.
b. “Trigger” > “Effect” > “ONMAP TRANSPORT” > “1” > “P1 TRANSPORT”.

Both Triggers are ON.

On 4: Be sure that the units you want to rename belong to the applicable player before you rename it.
a. “Object” > Select the unit. Label it UNIT.
b. “Effect” > “Object” > “Class Name”. Rename your unit here. Add space before the name if you want the name to be seen even by a mere pass of the mouse pointer. Label it RENAME.
c. “Trigger” > “Condition” > “UNIT”
d. “Trigger” > “Effect” > “RENAME”
e. Trigger is ON.

Get asking!

go to http://www.youtube.com/happyhippyharryfor the most retarded thing you ever seen!

[This message has been edited by HappyHippyHarry (edited 02-15-2009 @ 04:32 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-02-14 02:00 AM EDT (US)     276 / 305  
Hahaha.. Nope, not a year. Only a day! :P

My Profile in Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Two Flags: Battle for Africa ||Jun 2023
My Profile in Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
AOK Designer of the Year 2012
Core Team Member & Site Co-Administrator,Empire Creations
posted 01-02-14 09:12 AM EDT (US)     277 / 305  
THANKS A BUNCH MAN. I am gonna test this soon (got a friend who will serve as player 2) and see if this works. If so, then boy, I am gonna need a lot of money to repay you! Haha just kidding, but I am gonna need a lot of something...
posted 01-02-14 01:22 PM EDT (US)     278 / 305  
Oh, wait a second I have a problem here. I set the Object "Citizen" to have an Owner "Any Player", and also selected by "Any Human". The trigger doesn't work aka I cannot have my custom camera by neither my, my allies', or my enemies' units. Any ideas? I mean I thought this would generalize it, but I guess not?
posted 01-03-14 03:58 AM EDT (US)     279 / 305  
That is too general boost. By having ANY Citizen of ANY player, the editor will then find ALL citizens of ALL players, and see which of these citizens where selected. My answer was about a certain unit, pre-built/ pre-existing in the map.

My Profile in Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Two Flags: Battle for Africa ||Jun 2023
My Profile in Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
posted 01-03-14 01:41 PM EDT (US)     280 / 305  
Oh no no, I mean as stated any citizen to be selected by any player. Are you trying to say to me that this is according to our knowledge impossible to generalize like this, and that i'd really have to repeat the trigger 16 times aka take up to a year to complete it? :/

What if I just set it like the citizen owner is "Player 1", "Player 2", etc. and set to "Selected by any human", could that work?

Ok, update, I set it to Object -> Citizen -> Any Player -> Selected By Player 1, and it works, I can select any citizen, mine, ally's, enemy's, etc. HOWEVER, this is exactly not what I want, because seeing as this seems to be the only way that it somewhat works, I still have to repeat the camera angles 16 times, these triggers... With 4 or more camera angles per unit and building, you see why this is gonna take a yearish time yes?

[This message has been edited by BOOST15673 (edited 01-03-2014 @ 03:07 PM).]

posted 01-04-14 02:13 AM EDT (US)     281 / 305  
Hmm.. Just do it methodically and logically then, using the Duplicate feature. If you copy triggers for each player 1 day at a time, you'll only have at top a month's time worth of triggers. Not that bad, eh?

posted 01-04-14 02:25 AM EDT (US)     282 / 305  
I did that with my last trigger that had the 2000+ effects and that took 5 months to complete... Doing all those effects is QUITE tedious. I am predicting up to 5000 - 6000 effects or more for this one. Part 2 of my "Master Trigger" to compliment the realism mod! Meh, either way I won't start it until March at the earliest, currently getting prepared to move

Either way though, thanks man, now I know there is, to our knowledge, now way to do this with less than 1000 effects/triggers! I will get to work as soon as I get a new PC in the new country!
posted 01-12-14 10:04 AM EDT (US)     283 / 305  
It's JosipM, just on other computer. Shieldwolf, it is about enemy planes put in 2 types: FW fighters and ME 110 bombers. I want to lower hitpoints and attack of both classes by 25%. I've managed to lower the attack and total hitpoints ammount but can't do the same with current hitponts ammount so it looks like 502/377 HP which isn't what I want. I can avoid this but it will make it hard for the player to destroy enemy planes because of it's HP. Is there something I can do about it?

[This message has been edited by Zmoj (edited 01-12-2014 @ 10:05 AM).]

posted 01-12-14 10:49 AM EDT (US)     284 / 305  
You can alter the curren HP with the effect:
Unit attribute -> Health (or something similar).
Use value 100 with '%' checkbox enabled.
Place this effect after the effect which change the max HP (1 second delay isn't a bad idea).

So, it's: 502/502.
Change the max HP: 502/377
Set current HP to 100%: 377/377

WHAT IS DONE, IS DONE

[This message has been edited by Forlins (edited 01-12-2014 @ 10:51 AM).]

posted 01-25-14 03:48 PM EDT (US)     285 / 305  
I want to make a Tank realistic. Bullet, Spear, Shock, Pierce, etc. proof. I want it to take 0 damage from units that have these attacks for example. I know this is not possible via triggers, however I found a little alternative, being to always have the Tank regain 100% health each second. Two things:

1 = Is it possible to make the Tank heal faster than once a second?

2 = How would I make this unit attack specific? I don't want the Tank to heal from attacks from every unit. Explosions, Bombs, Fire, etc. should not let the Tank heal.
posted 01-26-14 12:54 PM EDT (US)     286 / 305  
I don't think there's such a thing as 0 damage, but increasing Gun, Laser, Arrow, Spear, etc. armor to 1,000 will do the trick. Each of all enemy unit can only do 1 damage.

posted 01-26-14 01:30 PM EDT (US)     287 / 305  
Hmm, that looks kinda odd in the stats, but ok. Question, so I understand you correctly, this would mean that a Tank with say, 550HP, would require 550 - 600 soldiers all firing at it at once in order to destroy it before it heals right? If this is true, this is a good temporary solution to realistic Tanks.
posted 01-26-14 06:28 PM EDT (US)     288 / 305  
You could do something like:
If tank has taken 1 HP damage (has X-1 / X HP left), then restore to 100% (ineffective attacks won't damage it)

Else do nothing.
Think about this: if an AT gun or bazooka attack the tank, it will damage/break the cuirass, so from now on even ineffective attacks can damage it, unless the tank is fully repaired again.

WHAT IS DONE, IS DONE

[This message has been edited by Forlins (edited 01-26-2014 @ 06:28 PM).]

posted 01-26-14 11:53 PM EDT (US)     289 / 305  
Yes. Downside is, other tanks and other anti-tanks' attack should change too, to balance things out. Here's suggestions on ATK (I'm using these in my own mod):

MK V, 608
Sherman, 648
M1, 895
Gladiator, 988
Centurion, 1400

A7V, 599
Panzer, 669
Leopard, 796

57MM, 449
120MM, 574

You could also try Forlins' take, for triggers.

posted 01-27-14 10:36 AM EDT (US)     290 / 305  
I'll try both and see what happens, thanks guys, if my copy of EE plays along (shieldwolf23 I hear you snickering!) then this should work pretty good. So, if this does work, about paying you guys with real money... Haha just kidding, not yet
posted 01-27-14 12:57 PM EDT (US)     291 / 305  
Oh, not really.

posted 02-03-14 06:26 PM EDT (US)     292 / 305  
Hey there! Thought I'd post my question here as well. So:
I'm trying to make an Ion Cannon(with triggers and chat messages), like the one in C&C. Here's how it looks like: LINK
My problem:
- Can't make units near another unit/or building die/blow up.
- How to add a countdown message which shows in real time how much the player has to wait until he can use the cannon again.

[This message has been edited by t1m2n3t4 (edited 02-03-2014 @ 06:28 PM).]

posted 02-24-14 04:13 AM EDT (US)     293 / 305  
HEY THERE !
I want to set a trigger that to build a building on a specific area to victory. I tried but it failed... Help me please!!
posted 02-25-14 02:21 AM EDT (US)     294 / 305  
Welcome to EEH!

Area > Select your chosen area
Objects Specification > Building > in Area (BLDG)
Effects > Victory

Condition: IF BLDG exists
Effects : VICTORY

If you want the Building to be built before having victory declared, revise the Objects Specification to:

Objects Specification > Building > in Area > Unit Attribute 100% - 100% Hitpoints

This means that the Building should have 100% Health (another way of saying that the building has just been completed), before the Victory trigger fires.

posted 02-25-14 04:49 AM EDT (US)     295 / 305  
I'm new so I have this question:
I want to make a movie before the game begins like in the campaigns. How can I do it ? Please help
posted 05-18-14 07:28 AM EDT (US)     296 / 305  
Hey.

I would like to know how to make computer players do particular things in Empire Earth. For instance, make 6 computer citizens go to mine stone?
posted 06-02-14 06:54 PM EDT (US)     297 / 305  
For assigning units to do things you have to use task object in the effect panel. Haven't really played with that option much, though.
posted 09-14-14 01:51 AM EDT (US)     298 / 305  
its very useful. but i want to ask u one question: how to keep the size of unit ??? i dont know how to say but you can imagine like this: I change size of Tank m1. the triggers only effect to Unit m1 that i was choosen. so if i want it effect to all unit m1 ( improve Unit m1 not created yet- its means new units if i create from tank factory), what should i do ????
posted 09-14-14 03:29 PM EDT (US)     299 / 305  
I think I can help you. I can think of multiply different ways to do this, but some might be buggy. This one might work without bugs:

Make one trigger, for example: M1 size changer

If 1-100 M1 tank with unit variable 1=0 exists
Then set 1-1 M1 tank with unit variable 1=0 to unit variable 1=1.
And then set size m1 tank with unit variable 1 = 1
And then set unit variable 1 = 2 for the tank that have unit variable 1 = 1.
And [delay of 1 seconds] set trigger M1 size changer on.

Hope I could help.
posted 02-22-15 00:30 AM EDT (US)     300 / 305  
Hello there ! I want to set a trigger that block the player from controlling the game for 5 seconds.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Scenario Design & Modding » HappyHippyHarry's Trigger centre
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames