EE Scenario Design & Modding
Moderated by Soty

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: HappyHippyHarry's Trigger centre
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13  Next Page »
posted 08-19-08 04:36 AM EDT (US)   
Do you really need to know a trigger that isn't listed in "scenario editor techniques"? or you simply can't be bothered to create your own thread? You've come to the right place. Ask me a question about triggers and I'll try my hardest to answer it for you. I will edit this post and enter the questions and answers.

Eg.

HappyHippyHarry asked: How do I respawn units?

1) make an object for p1. eg. Bob
2) make an effect creating Bob.
3) in "Triggers" under "condition" find "Bob exists"
4) Tick the box saying "If not"
5) Add the effect in and make it looping

* Note - To prevent glitching of the triggers make the condition p1 loss = 1 to p1 loss >=1. Also unless you are making each player have only 1 unit than make
p1's loss - 1 instead of making it 0.

---------------------------------------------------

HappyHippyHarry asked: How can I make it so that you can buy and sell unit attributes or resources?

Buying:
1) make an area.
2) make an object that p1 is in the area.
3) make any class attribute improvement you want.
4) make an effect that p1 gold - 10
5) make a condition that p1 gold = 10
6) make a trigger that if ( p1 object )
exists, then ( p1 gold - 10 and ) and
( p1 class attribute + X ) make it looping and true for N seconds.
Selling:
1) make an area.
2) make an object that p1 is in the area.
3) make any clas attribute you want to take away from you want.
4) make an effect making p1 gold + 10
5) make a trigger that if ( p1 object exists ) then ( p1 gold + 10 ) and ( p1 class attribute - X ) make it looping and true for N seconds.

-----------------------------------------------------

Mike Bul asked: I wanna when an object reaches an area Object to do something. How can i do it?

1.In "areas" Create the area you wish for the person to reach. Eg. Town Square.
2. Go into "objects" and select the desired object(s). Check the box that says "in area" and choose "town square" from the drop down menu. Call the object "Bob in town square"
3. Create your effect that you wish to happen
4 In "trigerrs" select "condition" and choose "Bob in town square exists"
5 Then add in your effect(s).

------------------------------------------------------

EmpireMaster asked: How do I get repeating waves of units every 10 mins?

1.) make an object that defines the group of unit you want to have (object definition + area where you want to spawn)
= 'unit1

2.) make an effect that spawns the unit group
= 'create unit'

3.) make an effect that sends the groups from the area where they spawn to the area they shall attack (or the object)
= 'task area' or 'task object'

4.) create the trigger saying:

IF 'always true'
THEN 'create unit1' and 'task object'
looping: yes
condition true for: 600 seconds

----------------------------------------------

GRIMES asked: I guess this is a noob question, but how can I set it if specific units die (2 in my case) player wins?

This is very simple.
1- Make an object that holds both the units you want to die in order to win. "Object1"(Select on map will do)
2- Make an effect: Player>Victory >Player1 = "effect1"
3- Make a trigger with the following specifications:
IF [x]NOT "Object1 exists"
THEN "effect1"

looping?: NO
conditions true for: NOT TICKED

-----------------------------------------------

GRIMES asked: I want to when i find two cargo trucks I receive ownership. How do i do it?

1- Make an object: eg. like Bob
2- Make an object: select objects on map - select your two cargo trucks(if they are in different locations, you need to make 2 objects) tick the LOS box and select "bob" from the dropdown list
3- make an effect "change owner"
4- make the trigger:
IF "Bob"
THEN "change owner"

--------------------------------------------------

Vincentk83 asked:

1: when scenario starts I want to put some text on the left and screen is dark.
2: I want to put the camera in a precise place after this dark screen.
3: when a specific unit gets killed i want to get some new units on the map (actually some tanks and artillery on a transport ship)
4: I want to rename heroes

(Answers by shieldwolf23)
On 1:

a. “Object” > Select on map any object. Label this STARTER.
b. “Effect” > “Player” > “Visibility-Off”. This is to ensure your map really starts in black. Label this BLACK.
c. “Effect” > “Media” > “Send Chat Message”. Put your message here. Adjust number to desired length of time the message will appear onscreen. Label this MESSAGE.
d.“Trigger” > “Condition”. Place STARTER as condition. No Check.
e. “Trigger” > “Effect”> “BLACK” > “1” > “MESSAGE”. Delays are used to ensure sequence of effects being fired.
f. TRIGGER is ON.

On 2: What do you want to achieve here, Vince? A mere camera positioning, or a prelude to a dialogue or emphasis on a unit character? Please elaborate here.

On 3: If you want tanks and artillery on a transport ship, just create these units using another player and this is a ONE TIME trigger, then:
a. “Object” > Select the transport ship. Be sure the tanks and artillery are inside it. Label it TRANSPORT.
b. “Object” > Select on map. This is the Specific Unit to be killed. Label this SPEC.
c. “Effect” > “Object” > “Task-Area”. Select TRANSPORT and “Offmap”. This will make the transport unit NOT available until the specific unit is killed. Label this OFFMAP TRANSPORT.
d. “Effect” > “Object” > “Task-Area”. Select TRANSPORT and “Previous Location”. This will make the transport unit available after the specific unit is killed. Label this ONMAP TRANSPORT.
e. “Effect” > “Object” > “Owner”. Select TRANPORT and “Player 1”. I assume that after killing the specific unit, the player will get the transport, not the computer. Label this P1 TRANSPORT.

Trigger 1: To make the transport not available:
a. “Trigger” > “Condition” > “TRANSPORT”
b. “Trigger” > “Effect” > “OFFMAP TRANSPORT”

Trigger 2: To have the transport after specific unit is killed:
a. “Trigger” > “Condition” > “SPEC”. Checked.
b. “Trigger” > “Effect” > “ONMAP TRANSPORT” > “1” > “P1 TRANSPORT”.

Both Triggers are ON.

On 4: Be sure that the units you want to rename belong to the applicable player before you rename it.
a. “Object” > Select the unit. Label it UNIT.
b. “Effect” > “Object” > “Class Name”. Rename your unit here. Add space before the name if you want the name to be seen even by a mere pass of the mouse pointer. Label it RENAME.
c. “Trigger” > “Condition” > “UNIT”
d. “Trigger” > “Effect” > “RENAME”
e. Trigger is ON.

Get asking!

go to http://www.youtube.com/happyhippyharryfor the most retarded thing you ever seen!

[This message has been edited by HappyHippyHarry (edited 02-15-2009 @ 04:32 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-01-13 12:37 PM EDT (US)     251 / 305  
That's what I think. Especially when some of the trigger options don't work. Like stance "attack enemy unit" in the object panel.

[This message has been edited by t1m2n3t4 (edited 07-01-2013 @ 12:38 PM).]

posted 07-14-13 08:35 AM EDT (US)     252 / 305  
Anybody know how to make a trigger that forces an AI to advance to the next epoch when a specific total gametime has been achieved? For example for an AI to advance to the Stone Age after 12 min., and then the Copper Age after 42 min., etc.

It is optional if the AI should have the required resources or not, whatever is easier for anybody who can explain this trigger.
posted 07-14-13 11:23 AM EDT (US)     253 / 305  
The best thing you can do is set the Epoch Modifier min and max game minutes to 0 in the AI Variable effects.

EE forever
posted 07-14-13 12:00 PM EDT (US)     254 / 305  
1. Ashrzr answering a triggering question? This is new for me!

2. What would this do? From what it looks like, it's only gonna make specified things happen at 0 minutes. Could you explain a bit?

EDIT: We have a problem. There are only 2 modifiers, accoridng to the tooltip, for Easy & Hard AIs, but nothing for Medium which is the AI difficulty I have. Why is there no medium difficulty?!

[This message has been edited by BOOST15673 (edited 07-14-2013 @ 12:04 PM).]

posted 07-14-13 12:59 PM EDT (US)     255 / 305  
Are you using the Epoch Frequency or Epoch Frequency Modifier? I think Modifier is the one that corresponds with difficulty, and just Epoch Frequency works across difficulties.

The min and max are how long the computer waits before doing the thing that the effect specifies. So if you make the min and max 0, the computer should epoch up as soon as that effect is set in motion.

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 07-14-2013 @ 01:00 PM).]

posted 07-14-13 03:11 PM EDT (US)     256 / 305  
Doesn't seem to work. As a test, I did as you said and kept them the values at 0, waited 5 min. and still no advancement. Here is the trigger:

Test Trigger
If (Always True)
Then (Advance to Stone Age)

P.S. - The "Epoch Frequency" effect had it's name changed to "Advance to Stone Age" in this trigger.

[This message has been edited by BOOST15673 (edited 07-14-2013 @ 03:13 PM).]

posted 07-14-13 05:04 PM EDT (US)     257 / 305  
Yea, the AI effects are pretty unpredictable. I think they work better if you play them as a scenario (rather than test in the editor) but they were never very reliable for me.

EE forever
posted 07-14-13 07:33 PM EDT (US)     258 / 305  
Well gosh, alright I'll try that. Here's to hoping I can figure something out. Thanks for the help anyways though.
posted 10-11-13 07:23 AM EDT (US)     259 / 305  
With the triggers, it's possible to make units spawn, but can this be done with other types of objects, such as buildings, or trees?
I want to make new trees spawn in specific areas of the map when a condition is met if it can be done.
posted 10-26-13 08:43 AM EDT (US)     260 / 305  
I have here a trigger problem being that I have it so that in a 16 player game, when all 14 AIs are defeated, me and my friend automatically become enemies. However, it refuses to fire. I tried it normally (as stated above), and it makes us victorius before it gets a chance to fire, and I also tried it as a plain test, if only player 16 gets defeated, but this still doesn't work.

Yes I did the two effects "Player 1 to Player 2 Diplomacy" & "Player 2 to Player 1 Diplomacy".
posted 11-26-13 09:58 AM EDT (US)     261 / 305  
Hi Boost! I think you should uncheck the Allow Victory side on the Players Tab in the scenario editor, and have at least 1 AI (not the 16 AI being defeated, only 15 AI), before you set the Change Diplomacy trigger.

My Profile in Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Two Flags: Battle for Africa ||Jun 2023
My Profile in Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
AOK Designer of the Year 2012
Core Team Member & Site Co-Administrator,Empire Creations

[This message has been edited by shieldwolf23 (edited 11-26-2013 @ 09:59 AM).]

posted 12-01-13 09:30 AM EDT (US)     262 / 305  
But if I set the Allow Victory to unchecked, then how does one of us win after one of us defeats the other? I haven't figured out such a trigger yet, something to make a player victorious even if the Allow Victory is unchecked.
posted 12-01-13 12:49 PM EDT (US)     263 / 305  
I would need help with triggers. I want Player 1 airplanes have increased stats (attack and HP) by 5% or a certain number for every extra cargo truck that reaches certain area. I myself don't know how to do that so if it is possible I would like for someone to help me.
posted 12-02-13 02:30 AM EDT (US)     264 / 305  
@Boost - I assume you know the Victory effect, in the Effects - Player Attribute section? That could do it, provided you have a sort of Victory condition, say the destruction of all AI capitols including your human enemy's capitol.

@Josip - This would be in the class-attributes section, with the Object (here the airplane) having Hitpoints attribute increased to 5% for every cargo drop. Would you want a sample scenario on that? Or would you want a simple guide posted here?

My Profile in Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Two Flags: Battle for Africa ||Jun 2023
My Profile in Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
posted 12-02-13 01:17 PM EDT (US)     265 / 305  
No, I know how to increase stats, but the problem is I don't know how to make condition. In my scenario player has 10 trucks and objective is to get at least 5 of them to certain area. Now how do I do that if 6 of them arrives, player's airplanes get 5& higher HP and attack, if 7 of them arrives then 5& more or 10% in total and subsequently up to 10 trucks?
posted 12-03-13 00:16 AM EDT (US)     266 / 305  
Ok. The truck should be in the Object Specifications 5 to 5 in Area. This is the first condition for the first 5%. For the 2nd condition on a different trigger, there are 2 ways you can do that:

1 - if you want ALL 6 trucks to be there in the area, then you need to change the object specification to 6 to 6 in Area. Then, for the 7 trucks, change 6 to 6 in Area to 7 to 7 in Area, and so on.

2 - if you want to have EACH truck exceeding 5 trucks to have the 5% bonus, then it's only 1 trigger. In the first trigger, be sure to remove the 5 trucks. And then, on the next trigger

Object > Truck 1 to 1 in Area (TRUCK)
Effect > 5% bonus (BONUS)
Effect > Remove Truck

Trigger:
If, Truck exists
Then, BONUS, delay 1, REMOVE TRUCK
Looping Checked

posted 12-07-13 07:58 PM EDT (US)     267 / 305  
@shieldwolf23 Thanks man it worked! This is why you are one of the EE Gods
posted 12-07-13 11:51 PM EDT (US)     268 / 305  
Hahaha... you're welcome Boost. All the best on that scenario.

posted 12-17-13 02:04 AM EDT (US)     269 / 305  
Hmm, now for a question that I think is impossible:

You know how when you have a team mate, both human or AI, that if you use a flare they can see it? Why is this not the case when you have in a scenario "Shared LOS" deactivated? I mean, it would be a flare on a most likely black undiscovered piece of the map, nothing special, so why is it not visible to the other team mates then? Any ideas? I have been experimenting with this for a few months to no avail...
posted 12-17-13 08:04 AM EDT (US)     270 / 305  
I think the flare acts as a sort of a building itself, so that if the Share LOS is not active, it will not show in the ally.

posted 12-17-13 08:13 AM EDT (US)     271 / 305  
Damn, ok I will have to figure something else out then.
posted 12-19-13 04:00 PM EDT (US)     272 / 305  
How can I decrease hitpoints of some units? I can reduce second number or the total one using class-attribute effect but I just can't make the first number, the current one smaller. Any help?

[This message has been edited by JosipM (edited 12-22-2013 @ 04:34 PM).]

posted 12-30-13 05:56 PM EDT (US)     273 / 305  
I have here a question that if answered, will save me MONTHS of painstaking triggering. Tell me, if I wanted to create new camera angles for a unit (for example a 1st person camera), how could I make it so that it works for all 16 players?

What I mean is, I know how to make the camera fully functional for player 1, what I do is make it that if this unit is selected, and you type "1", you get the first person camera. Now I am wondering, how can I do this for all 16 players? A general trigger that is like "If UNIT is selected by Player 1, or 2, or 3, etc, and player types 1, then activate 1st person". Something like that you know?

I recently did a trigger that went fro all 16 players (almost done with it), and it has over 2000 EFFECTS. This took me many months time to do... I don't want to have to do this again with my camera angles as it will 100% DEFINITELY be more than 3000 or 4000 effects if I have to repeat it 16 times for 16 players...

Pretty please people, tell me that there is a "generalizer" of sorts! It would be nice to only have to make each camera angle once and have it apply for all 16 players! Thanks for the help of anyone who helps!

P.S. - IF this is possible, I think it might be complicated, right? If you can get the modify-player-attribute (per se pop cap) to work as "All Human" & "All Computer", then why not these camera angles? Just hoping I don't need to take up to a year for this one trigger...
posted 12-31-13 02:10 AM EDT (US)     274 / 305  
@ Josip - by "some units" do you mean a particular unit, and not the whole class? If yes, then, you need to use the Unit-Attribute, not the class attribute, and use "Exactly" in the effect.

@ Boost - if the camera angle effect is only for only 1 Unit, then you just need to have that Unit specified as selected by ANY HUMAN in the objects tab, similar to this:

Select on Map object
Checked Selected by ANY HUMAN

posted 12-31-13 09:41 AM EDT (US)     275 / 305  
So for example, if I wanted like 5 camera angles for the Citizen, I must do what you said and it will allow any human? This logic will also work if it were like 7 camera angles for the Battleship - Bismarck right? Making multiple triggers, I could evidently make new cameras for all units, generalizing it with "ANY HUMAN" for each unit right? This would also work if I were to select an enemy's unit right? It is basically "generalized 100%", just so I understand you fully.

Are you telling me I don't have to take a year to do this trigger?

[This message has been edited by BOOST15673 (edited 12-31-2013 @ 10:50 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Scenario Design & Modding » HappyHippyHarry's Trigger centre
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames