You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire Earth 3 General Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Played the demo. EE3 really sux.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 11-08-07 05:16 PM EDT (US)   
After launching demo, it took me only 10 secs to realize this game sux. Pixel popping, cartoonish, slow, jerky. too many bright colors and arcade looking graphics...I will not be buying or designing for this game or any of mad docs sucky excuses for games. This is my last visit to this particular site.

Thank you.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
Replies:
posted 12-24-07 06:11 AM EDT (US)     76 / 89  
Sadly I have to agree with you. The thing is many of the problems with it could be fixed in a patch, but Mad Doc released one nearly as soon as EE3 came out, and then theres been no news since of them releasing another one. Either there taking their time (which is good) or maybe they've given up or lost interest. I guess only time will tell.

It makes me wonder how many Empire Earth 3's are going to appear in people Christmas stockings.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
posted 12-28-07 04:37 PM EDT (US)     77 / 89  
I like EE3, I don't play the Muliplayer because of lag issues, and compatibility issue, but I play the World Domination mode. My computer is not that high-end... only the GFX Card, which is an nVIDIA GeForce 6200 A-LE, and I have minimal lag on Single Player. I also play
, which is my favorite game (WOOT AoM!!). It is my favorite game because of its powerful editor. It is more powerful than EE1's editor in my opinion. The absolute only reason it is more powerful cause of these players: nottud, reyk, pftq. Without them, EE1 would still have the most powerful RTS editor. On AoMTT I made a map based on EE3, and it has the 3 civs (with their bonuses) on it.

My favorite civ on EE3 is the Far East faction.

Oh, my fondest memories, and my first RTS was Empire Earth (one). I was young then, but I always pwnt my father (who could beat hardest comp) on LAN games.

[This message has been edited by elvarg_flame (edited 12-28-2007 @ 04:43 PM).]

posted 12-29-07 06:33 PM EDT (US)     78 / 89  
Hi ya'll
What are they asking for EE3... about 50 dollars?

Matthew 5:11
posted 12-29-07 07:35 PM EDT (US)     79 / 89  
Probably. If you see a sale or something it might be at about $40.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 12-30-07 09:24 AM EDT (US)     80 / 89  
The price is probably going to drop very soon, seeing that it's not a very popular game.

This is the best signature ever!
posted 01-30-08 09:34 AM EDT (US)     81 / 89  
Im memorandom:

I took EE3 and EE3 demo off my computer today.

I was told Mad Doc didn't even feature EE3 on their website anymore. Lol. I checked it out myself.

After going online this morning, and 3 people were on EE3

Some guy named Chili123 used to always be on. His name is on the top of all the ladder boards. Less than 50 are on all the ladder boards.

What a piece of crap!!!

posted 01-30-08 07:46 PM EDT (US)     82 / 89  
Saw the game being sold for a "special price" of $21 on a retail site.

Just Google Product Searched:
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=Empire+Earth+III&scoring=p

Currently the lowest, ebay, price is $8.94. The next, on "Always Lowest," is $27.54.
posted 02-03-08 06:10 AM EDT (US)     83 / 89  
I agree with the OP, this game is terrible. I love EE but this EE3 is a real stinker, its been completly ruined. The RoN Campaign stuff has absouletly no place at all in here. Theres no campaign.. what the hell? No campaign? That really stinks.

Huge reduction in ages, way way way too easy to advance, AI STILL has all the flaws that it had in EE1 and EE2. The graphics are crap, its a huge step backwards as EE2 has better graphics then this junk.

5 Ages? That just totally ruined it, EE3 is like a really bad knock off of RoN. I wish I could play EE2 but I can't find the disks so i'll have to replace them, Age of Mythology is still on my favourites list I just recently found the disk and i'm going to play it again. It has the best multiplayer engine.

The thing that disapointed me about EE2 was that it was missing the awesome scenario editor that EE1 had but the range of civilisations and the tech ranges more then made up for this loss. Now EE3 is just a craphole EE1 is way better then it even though its a bit outdated now for me it still kicks EE3's ass the campaign missions in EE1 are the best campaigns apart from AoEII's campaigns.

Completly disapointed with this game total waste of $90
posted 02-03-08 05:34 PM EDT (US)     84 / 89  
$90?! I thought it's $50 in US.

This is the best signature ever!
posted 02-04-08 05:05 AM EDT (US)     85 / 89  
It was $90 2 days after it came out here in Australia, i'm going to replace EE2 tommorow when I go to the shopping center, i'll check the price of 3 again. When i'm there, from what i've heard i'm expecting it to be like $30
posted 02-04-08 10:14 AM EDT (US)     86 / 89  
Isn't $100 the normal cost of a newly released game in Australia? It sounds like a lot to Dr. Grip because he uses the pounds, where a new released game is about 30 and even a lot to us in America where a new release is about $50 USD.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 02-04-08 11:33 AM EDT (US)     87 / 89  
90.00 AUD = 81.8157 USD
Australia Dollars United States Dollars
1 AUD = 0.909064 USD 1 USD = 1.10003 AUD

As of today.

posted 02-04-08 04:59 PM EDT (US)     88 / 89  
Well yea I thought they were about the same but I know some Aussies and they always said it was $100. They lie a lot, though, so I dunno if its true.

posted 04-07-08 00:32 AM EDT (US)     89 / 89  
helolo. i got the game but it doesnt work.
i was reading some of your comments above. the game sucks?
well i played the demo but wasnt too impressed. was hoping that there might be some better play in earlier ages so i bought it.
i did not have empire earth 2. was it any good. should i get it. i thought i may have bought it once and it was so bad i sold it on ebay. but im not too sure.
i loved empire earth 1. the original was a great game.
i have not been able to find an adequate game in about 3 years. the last one i played was RON. i had ROL but that didnt challenge me enough. and i coudlnt play multiplayer.
any one have any ideas which games i should go after.
the day of the rts is long gone folks. thanks
Y
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Empire Earth 3 General Discussions » Played the demo. EE3 really sux.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames