You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire Earth 3 General Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Played the demo. EE3 really sux.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 11-08-07 05:16 PM EDT (US)   
After launching demo, it took me only 10 secs to realize this game sux. Pixel popping, cartoonish, slow, jerky. too many bright colors and arcade looking graphics...I will not be buying or designing for this game or any of mad docs sucky excuses for games. This is my last visit to this particular site.

Thank you.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
Replies:
posted 11-29-07 07:51 PM EDT (US)     51 / 89  
I just finished playing SP congo map as mid east. 3 times in a row the game crashed. And I have both patches. So it's not just the patch.

Try reinstalling game one more time. Then try playing on multiplayer. The game will instruct you to dl a small patch. Then launch game again and game will ask you to install a 365 meg patch. It should work.

posted 11-29-07 08:58 PM EDT (US)     52 / 89  
These big patches remind me of World of Warcraft.

EE forever
posted 11-30-07 00:51 AM EDT (US)     53 / 89  
Did try to do a multiplayer, once it downloaded the patch and went to install, it told me I needed the full version. The good news is, today tech support finally wrote back but they only asked if I installed the demo and if I installed on default c: drive. I told them I had the demo installed but uninstalled it when I got the game whih I did install on the c: drive. Now I can only hope they will come back with a solution tomorrow instead of 3 weeks. I guess I will see what happens. I would love to try out a multiplayer game but hopefully they get the crashes fixed.

-Warspite-
posted 12-02-07 00:08 AM EDT (US)     54 / 89  
I know I'm not going to get a positive reaction to this, nut I enjoyed EE2 better than EE. I'm not saying that EE is not fun, as a matter of fact that's the exact opposite of what I'm saying. I really, really liked EE, but EE2 bas just... better. I could understand how there was some backlash to the territories, and there really should be an option to turn them off, but I still believe it's a pretty good game.

EDIT: I can't play the demo because it crashes 5 secs after I start a scenario

[This message has been edited by Bobv2 (edited 12-02-2007 @ 00:37 AM).]

posted 12-02-07 01:00 AM EDT (US)     55 / 89  
Theres nothing wrong with that. I doubt everybody here agrees with you, but if you like EE2 better thats fine.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 12-09-07 10:06 PM EDT (US)     56 / 89  
"You never saw SSSI officials posting on these forums did you?"

Thanks, Banned User, for setting the record straight on that one! In the same spirit, I thought I'd just chime in and clarify some of the history of EE1.

To begin with, there's no company called "Sierra" anymore. It did exist once, but Vivendi bought it. Now the name "Sierra" is just a brand they slap onto certain types of serious strategy games.

In 2001, Sierra still existed as an independent game developer. Rick Goodman sold them all the IP rights to Empire Earth, but only leased them the engine. Thus he got a big chunk of money to develop what he hoped would be an equally successful new franchise, plus a revenue stream from leasing the engine.

Vivendi Universal now owns EE. They can contract with whoever they want to develop each new version. Frankly, I think the xpak Mad Doc did for EE1 was pretty good and I've grown fonder of it over the years. Nevertheless, Rick Goodman's EE1 is a true classic -- and the editor really is the gold standard for RTS editors everywhere.

Author, playwright, and lecturer, New York City
Lead Writer, Reverie World Studios, (2008 - present)
Director of Voice Acting, Reverie World Studios, (2014 - present)
posted 12-09-07 11:16 PM EDT (US)     57 / 89  
Yeah I have to agree with Gordon.Eventhough EE2 didn't live up to my expectations, EE1 Xpack was not at all bad.
posted 12-10-07 07:57 AM EDT (US)     58 / 89  
You cannot seriously think that. The xpac might have been fun for the people palying campaign alone, but from a multiplayer point of view it was REALLY bad.
posted 12-10-07 10:02 AM EDT (US)     59 / 89  
You cannot seriously think that. The xpac might have been fun for the people palying campaign alone, but from a multiplayer point of view it was REALLY bad.
Why? What specifically did you have against it? Just saying it was "bad" doesn't convey any real meaning of any sort.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 12-10-07 06:26 PM EDT (US)     60 / 89  
Well, for starters the game was full of bugs, server crashing all the time, games going oos or people get disconnected for no reason. The moon or mars or whatever map looked like it was made with logo. If you average speed went over 4000 you would get kicked out of a multiplayer game.
posted 12-15-07 04:44 PM EDT (US)     61 / 89  
To be honest I played EE AOC for about 3 years and just about fell in love with it...despite its multiplayer bugs which could be worked around

I dont understand why the developers cannot just take the origonal EE, which everyone loved, and just improve on its smooth game play and functionality instead of changing the whole game.

What currently is the most populated and fun RTS game to play right now...and has anyone heard about MMO RTS games?
posted 12-15-07 05:39 PM EDT (US)     62 / 89  
What currently is the most populated and fun RTS game to play right now

I'm not sure, but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say either World in Conflict or (though I personally don't like it) AoE3.

posted 12-15-07 06:02 PM EDT (US)     63 / 89  
Yea I have to say I cant play any territory RTS games or any that resemble the cartoonyness of EE2 and AoE and RoN...I guess world in conflict would be a new fun game to play...perhaps one day a new EE will come out that is similar to the first one...until then...
-Goober
posted 12-15-07 07:57 PM EDT (US)     64 / 89  
World in Conflict is a great game, and I suggest you get it if you like realism. I understand you wanting a more similar game to EE1.

posted 12-16-07 01:51 AM EDT (US)     65 / 89  
Actually, not that it matters, World in Conflict is an RTT: real-time tactics (means no extensive building up, mostly).
posted 12-16-07 02:21 AM EDT (US)     66 / 89  
True, but its still great fun.

posted 12-16-07 03:06 PM EDT (US)     67 / 89  
I actualy kind of like the idea of building up your civilization...

If they made the single player campaign map in the Total War series a multiplayer function I would probably have no life. I guess it would be an MMORTT..

Why is EE1 respectively better than EE2/EE3? We should make a list.
posted 12-17-07 05:05 PM EDT (US)     68 / 89  
I'm still waiting for a good RTS game sets in ancient time. I seem to only like to control cavalry and infantries more than planes and tanks. Perhaps I'm too old fashioned.

I've just bought Age of Mythology and its Ex-pack today because I missed the game since I last played it in my cousin's house. And it's great fun.

This is the best signature ever!
posted 12-17-07 06:03 PM EDT (US)     69 / 89  
I'm still waiting for a good RTS game sets in ancient time. I seem to only like to control cavalry and infantries more than planes and tanks. Perhaps I'm too old fashioned.
Yea, me too. Lysimachus is too, now that I think about it.

posted 12-17-07 11:58 PM EDT (US)     70 / 89  
"I dont understand why the developers cannot just take the origonal EE, which everyone loved, and just improve on its smooth game play and functionality instead of changing the whole game." - GooberOfDeath

The problem is that EE1 got away with clunky-looking units that only had a few dozen polygons. No one would accept that now. Units have to have hundreds of polygons, not dozens! Plus, players want unique art for each civilization.

To do that with a game that has as many units as EE1 is not currently feasible, both due to development time and memory restrictions. When Rick Goodman created his second game, Empires Dawn of the Modern World, he had to restrict himself to just 1,000 years of history and half as many civilizations.

But I think an updated version of EE1 would rock!

posted 12-18-07 01:49 AM EDT (US)     71 / 89  
The problem is that EE1 got away with clunky-looking units that only had a few dozen polygons. No one would accept that now. Units have to have hundreds of polygons, not dozens! Plus, players want unique art for each civilization.
Thats very true, so the obvious response would be to simplify the amount of units, which is acceptable. I *think* most people's biggest complaint with the game, other than the crashing bugs, is the territory system. That didn't need to be included to help with any graphic or system restrictions.
To do that with a game that has as many units as EE1 is not currently feasible, both due to development time and memory restrictions. When Rick Goodman created his second game, Empires Dawn of the Modern World, he had to restrict himself to just 1,000 years of history and half as many civilizations.
You are right, its not feasible, but I don't think thats the main problem. Besides, E: DMW is a great game and its a pity its got such a small multiplayer crowd now.
But I think an updated version of EE1 would rock!
As do we all... I think a lot of people's days would be made if they saw an updated EE1 come out.

posted 12-18-07 11:51 AM EDT (US)     72 / 89  
Don't forget EE1's buildings had only 1 horizontal angle, and all the buildings just "rotate" to fit the same angle when changing the camera view.

Besides, all units should be able to revert from hundreds of polygons, into only dozens when the graphic quality settings are lowered. EE1 is a dream to run on my pc.

posted 12-18-07 05:46 PM EDT (US)     73 / 89  
"Don't forget EE1's buildings had only 1 horizontal angle, and all the buildings just "rotate" to fit the same angle when changing the camera view.

For EE1 that was more a result of having a very small staff; I don't think giving the buildings 4 sides would have been prohibitive in terms of making demands on the cpu's back then.

Regarding EDMW, Rick had envisioned it as being part of a trilogy of games, each bringing unique, hi-poly art to a separate slice of history. EDMW covered medieval-to-modern eras. As I recall, the 2nd one was going to cover prehistoric to medieval, and the third would be WW2 to the 22nd Century. All three of them would combine together to span the entire history of humankind.

Alas, EDMW just didn't catch on the way EE did. When it fell by the wayside, Rick's visionary plan had to be abandoned.

posted 12-18-07 08:53 PM EDT (US)     74 / 89  
Alas, EDMW just didn't catch on the way EE did.
Yea, it would have been really nice if it had because it was such a great game just like EE was. EE and Empires are just about equal as far as gameplay goes, IMO, but Empires just didn't have the online crowd to support it.

posted 12-23-07 08:01 PM EDT (US)     75 / 89  
I've try the DEMO of EE3...

Ahhhh!!!!
Such a disappointment...

The gameplay system have major change...
The graphic is really out of dated...
So many thing that I didn't expect it come to this worst...

Last time I am not patiently waited it to come out and considering to buy it...

Now, maybe I just play DOTA or EE1 & EE2...

I WILL NOT BUY EE3!!!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Empire Earth 3 General Discussions » Played the demo. EE3 really sux.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames