You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire Earth 3 General Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Played the demo. EE3 really sux.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 11-08-07 05:16 PM EDT (US)   
After launching demo, it took me only 10 secs to realize this game sux. Pixel popping, cartoonish, slow, jerky. too many bright colors and arcade looking graphics...I will not be buying or designing for this game or any of mad docs sucky excuses for games. This is my last visit to this particular site.

Thank you.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
Replies:
posted 11-21-07 08:56 PM EDT (US)     26 / 89  
I basically didn't think EE2 was bad or for that matter EE3 bad.I just wanted a better scenario editor comparable to the EE1 editor.And I agree with you Gosailing, as far gameplay is concerned I think EE3 is not bad , it might not have the best graphics but still is fine for me.But like I said the lack of good editor had turned me away from buying the game and I repeat I won't buy a game which does not provide good scenario editing tools.But then again just for the sake of enjoyment from the world domination mode, I might buy it.

And Gosailing is right, we must try and look at positive aspects of EE3.I think they had just a different vision from the original empire earth developers.We must not punish them for trying something new.All I am saying lets be a little open minded and try out EE3.Who knows we might like it.
posted 11-21-07 09:12 PM EDT (US)     27 / 89  
Thank you, MK.
I just wanted a better scenario editor comparable to the EE1 editor.
Yea, thats one thing that I was really shocked to hear. That is the biggest thing nobody can deny that everybody called for and Mad Doc and/or Sierra rejected it. That is a huge mistake, to say the least.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 11-23-07 03:19 PM EDT (US)     28 / 89  
I'm very serious. Why is mad doc in business? They have no fan support like Rick Goodman. They are like Quiktime, in so much as they are favorites of the busiuness and not fans...

Seriously Mad Doc messed up EE aoc in so much as it is possible to enter specific code and crash the game in multiplayer mode for those players who don't want to lose...they never fixed it.

Mad Doc are deseased developers that have 0 fan support.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 11-23-2007 @ 03:24 PM).]

posted 11-23-07 07:39 PM EDT (US)     29 / 89  
Alright. Just to be fair I went out and bought the retail version.

1. 2 huge patches. Took forever to dl and install(256k wireless dsl).
2. 2 multi player games, neither went to completion due to crashes.
3. Editor is horribly complex, and basically a weak joke.
4. 1 Skirmish map single player. Ancient to future. Weird screen crash.
5. MP has too many compatibility issues(can't join many games). Also very few players online. And you can't see whose in the lobby from a game room.
6. Horrible and frequent delays during all games. Possibly due to age and unit upgrades.
7. Absolutely no ability to downsize the game, and call it back up. In fact if the game is accidentally downsized. I have to restart my PC just to get past it.

You can talk all you want about how great some of the features of the game are. But it is totally impossible to get past the technical problems of this "huge step backwards" game.

posted 11-23-07 10:34 PM EDT (US)     30 / 89  
I'm sorry to hear that you have so many problems with the game. I didn't have any of them in the demo, luckily.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 11-24-07 04:33 PM EDT (US)     31 / 89  
Yeah that sounds like a terrible game. Sounds even worse than what I've heard about the demo.

EE forever
posted 11-25-07 10:32 AM EDT (US)     32 / 89  
2 patches? I thought there was only 1. The editor is exactly the same as EE2's since they used the EE2 editor to make the maps.

It is a shame they couldnt delay the game till after November since these bugs are very frustrating and i can tell why some players are asking for a refund simply because of this. An example is the boats on water and how they jerk over water, in the alpha/beta this never happened which really confuses me why its in the final.

The world domination mode i was very much looking forward too and does have some great features but there are some odd annoyances. One level or province you have half water and half land. The enemy is not on the land but only has 3-4 ships. They transport nothing and dont really attack, the way to win the province is to just to destroy these ships. Which becomes harder said then done because ships seem very difficult to manage.

The AI once again confuses me, in the beta even on normal i remember the AI being quite difficult in skirmishes and sending troops to attack frequently and when on hard it became very difficult. In the final it seems on hard they enemy doesnt seem to attack but rather focus on defenses and wait till you attack, which can become quite boring until you use bombers and constantly attack there city centers, which they dont build aa to defend against. I also havnt seen the AI build any airplanes yet.

The most fun i've had so far is probably mulitplayer, i've played 4 games and all finished without crashes. I havnt really had a chance to focus on any tactics or strategies but they defiantely some that can be used with effect.

The reviews that i have seen are a little harsh but do somewhat tell the truth. I hope if Mr.Game or someone from maddoc is reading this dont take it as an attack but just an honest opinion. I really wanted EE3 to be very successful and was hoping to filled with new players in eeplanet and launch some clan tournaments but so far its been pretty dead.

EE3 university was great and was very happy with what i saw when i left and even with the progress of the beta. If these bugs had been squashed before a release we would see more positive reviews. Its a shame because I know the guys at maddoc worked there butts off for this game. I can only hope that a next patch fixes most of these issues and then we start seeing some positive reactions.

Empire Earth Planet
www.eeplanet.net
posted 11-26-07 04:26 AM EDT (US)     33 / 89  
I Just think it's so hilarious EE3 has no scenario design forum, and EE1 scen. design has been resurrected from the dead.

EE2 map scripter was such a failure, that EE3 identical map editor makes making maps so damn horrible.

Also in an EE1 scen. design forum thread, it is mentioned that almost no one has EE1 expack: AoC(also designed by Mad Doc).

I have a great idea....

Archive EE3, EE2, and all other Mad Doc made products forums. Save us all a lot of trouble!!

posted 11-26-07 12:38 PM EDT (US)     34 / 89  
But why archive everything if they are still used? They aren't used extensively, but some people still do use those forums.

I definately do see your point, though.

posted 11-26-07 07:10 PM EDT (US)     35 / 89  
nothing to see here, folks. Just a dead game. Move on...
posted 11-27-07 00:01 AM EDT (US)     36 / 89  
@ General_II ROFL! And a dying forum to boot! *flees before getting GoSailing's wrath!*
posted 11-27-07 00:45 AM EDT (US)     37 / 89  
EE:AoC is useful for the extra things you can add to your scenarios (civ powers and a few more units). But other than that I think AoC is fairly worthless.

Cherub at Empire Earth Heaven - Administrator and Developer of Degrees of Zero Design
posted 11-27-07 00:49 AM EDT (US)     38 / 89  
Actually, EEH is picking up in activity and, if at all possible, we are going to try to keep it that way.

posted 11-27-07 01:50 AM EDT (US)     39 / 89  
EE III forum are decaying in threads, there are only 4 threads in the forum atm. I repeat, 4 threads!

There might be a minor influx of newcomers to the EE III forum, but only because it's at the x-mas relase, it will eventually fade after december.

Maybe the other forums are picking up, but that has nada effect on the sales of EE III.
posted 11-27-07 02:04 AM EDT (US)     40 / 89  
The EE forums have been steadily picking up pace for the last couple months. Its still not where it used to be, but an improvement is an improvement all the same.

posted 11-27-07 09:20 AM EDT (US)     41 / 89  
Why are you suddenly speaking out of context about "fora"? When I was speaking of "forum"?
posted 11-27-07 04:51 PM EDT (US)     42 / 89  
Hopefully the forums will pick up after Christmas when more people will get the game. I thing archiving these forums already is a bit drastic Besides theres hardly anything theres to archive!
But I do think there are two too many forums in the Empire Earth two section, I think we only need it like EE1 with a general discussion and a scenario and modding forum.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
posted 11-27-07 06:44 PM EDT (US)     43 / 89  
Give the forum a chance till after spring, where there hopefully should come a patch correcting a lot of stuff. Maybe after such patch some more people will pick up EE III.

Sierra non the less spend LOADS of commercial money judgeing from different sites's frontpage ads, which is insanely expensive, frontpage ad on Gamespot.com!!!
posted 11-27-07 06:58 PM EDT (US)     44 / 89  
They can afford it after WiC being a success. I believe Sierra also owns Blizzard.

As for patches, you can only fix things that were included that were broken. It's very hard to improve the AI (which probably means putting in additional codes, and patches aren't designed to tough certain files).

Take, for example, the AoE3 bug list.

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,32767,0,10&st=recent
posted 11-27-07 07:50 PM EDT (US)     45 / 89  
If I recall correctly.... Sierra sprung for TV adds for Empire Earth 1 before and around its release date... I have yet to see any such ads for EE3... and I don't recall seeing tv ads for EE2 either.

Cherub at Empire Earth Heaven - Administrator and Developer of Degrees of Zero Design

[This message has been edited by penguini_1 (edited 11-27-2007 @ 07:51 PM).]

posted 11-27-07 08:02 PM EDT (US)     46 / 89  
You can't really patch a game to greatness.

The whole sea was ours, and, with all the gates of the horizon open, real peace and freedom were wafted down from the firmament itself. It was as though the fresh salt tang in the air, and all the blue purity that surrounded us had washed and cleansed both body and soul.
posted 11-27-07 08:33 PM EDT (US)     47 / 89  
Well not normally. It could have been done for RaF with simple balance patches, but its not normal.

posted 11-27-07 10:42 PM EDT (US)     48 / 89  
General_II, nono, VU Games bought Sierra.
posted 11-28-07 02:56 AM EDT (US)     49 / 89  
I watched an ad on G4 recently. Empire Earth was vicariously plugged as one of the all time great titles in gaming. As basically a well recognized title, along with a few others.

I'm guessing Empire Earth 1 was the reason.

posted 11-28-07 11:19 PM EDT (US)     50 / 89  
I was just playing a skirmish game with the middle east faction. I have to admit, I was really having some fun with it. Then it crashed on me but I am still not able to patch my game as of yet so I am using v1.0. I am hoping once I get the patch installed that it will correct the crashes. I have experienced them more then once. Their tech support, Vivendi, has been horrible I will say that. I first wrote them on 11/10, and I clearly described the problem I was having. Clear as day in full detail, I told them I was unable to patch the game because it was telling me I did not have the full version installed. Here is what they sent back after 4 days of waiting...

"Thank you for contacting Vivendi Games Technical Support.

My name is Alex. I will be assisting you today with the issue you are facing with game. Please visit the following web site to patch the game Empire Earth III.

ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/empireearth3/updates/ee3_update_en_10_11.exe

Best regards,

Alex

Vivendi Games Technical Support"

They tell me to patch the game?? It was completely obvious they never even read what my problem was. I just told them in detail I was unable to patch it...LOL. So I sent them another email back and wrote everything all over again. Then they responded saying to let them know if it was retail or download version and what the version number was. I did this, they have not sent any response back. It is now 11/28, a whopping 18 days later since I first wrote them. It has been some of the worse tech support I have experienced. I have wrote them on 11/25 and again tonight. No response at all. As I previously mentioned, I do like EE3, but I have to be able to patch the game. I can't even install the free map I downloaded. I never tried what Rohag mentioned but I may have to since this tech support don't even acknowledge any emails from me. All jokes aside, their tech support needs to do a little better then this.

-Warspite-
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Empire Earth 3 General Discussions » Played the demo. EE3 really sux.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames