You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire Earth 3 General Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Played the demo. EE3 really sux.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 11-08-07 05:16 PM EDT (US)   
After launching demo, it took me only 10 secs to realize this game sux. Pixel popping, cartoonish, slow, jerky. too many bright colors and arcade looking graphics...I will not be buying or designing for this game or any of mad docs sucky excuses for games. This is my last visit to this particular site.

Thank you.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
Replies:
posted 11-08-07 05:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 89  
I'm sorry to hear that, o0XxX0o. You are a great designer that EE3 needs, but I understand why you are leaving. I myself didn't think the demo very impressive at all, but I also am pre-disposed to modern and future ages so I think I'll still end up getting the game to play those prehistoric, greek, and medieval ages.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 11-08-07 06:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 89  
I don't get the chance to play it at all. It took too long to download and my internet sometimes break if I stand by.

I'm going to wait till Saturday where I can have my PC on for a pretty long time. Hope it works by then.

BTW nice seeing you here Ox, although you probably won't be coming anymore.

This is the best signature ever!

[This message has been edited by Dr Grip (edited 11-08-2007 @ 06:58 PM).]

posted 11-08-07 08:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 89  
I'm still diddling with the demo and reserving judgment. I'd really like to read the opinions of people who have played both the demo and the full – patched – game.
posted 11-09-07 01:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 89  
I have played the demo and I bought the full version and have it patched. The full version play is not as choppy as the demo at least for me with the patch. I have a decent system though (not great). At least I have a good vid card 8800GTX with an FX57 and 2GB of RAM. So decent since it is not dual core.

Now I am not sure I would recommend the game to anyone at this point but the games I have played online I have enjoyed when I am not frustrated with running out of gold. You can look at the other threads and I have typed some more information on game play.
posted 11-09-07 05:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 89  
Remember, if the gold balance is really that bad, (and I don't have any idea if it is or not) it can be easily fixed in a patch.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 11-11-07 09:27 PM EDT (US)     6 / 89  
Wow, you've been here for a REALLY long time, XxX. Just WOW.

EE forever
posted 11-15-07 04:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 89  
I got to reinterate, sorry.

It's the RoN(rise of nations) territory thing. Isn't this getting old!

It's Mad Doc. I hate them with a passion. They messed EE1 expansion up so bad. Then these bastards get to make another version? Unbelievable!

The system requirements are excruciatingly high, although my pc meets them.

It's the fact that when in the game and going to desktop, the game won't return. Just a blank screen. Had to shut down my computer twice.

Do Mad Doc think using sketch art for loading screens, using names: A. Lincoln, T. Roosevelt, and Mikel Gorbachev, for modern age leaders, actually impresses anyone?

I hate the whole derivative look of the game. I kind of wish territory games would go extinct. Just like Mad Doc should.

How long is a long time, Normandy?

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....

[This message has been edited by One_Dead_Angel (edited 11-16-2007 @ 04:29 AM).]

posted 11-15-07 06:10 PM EDT (US)     8 / 89  
I think hes talking about your profile being roughly 7 years old.
Do these Mad Doc a-ho's think using sketch art for loading screens, using names: A. Lincoln, T. Roosevelt, and Mikel Gorbachev, for modern age leaders, actually impresses anyone?
Its not supposed to, but what you be saying if they used names like Bob Smith?

posted 11-16-07 04:31 AM EDT (US)     9 / 89  
please watch your language _o0XxX0o_, you certainly have the right to be critical but no need to call anyone names.
posted 11-16-07 11:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 89  
It’s a shame to hear that the latest iteration of the Empire Earth series is lackluster. While I was not a fan of the second Empire Earth, I have a lot of fond memories of the first.

[This message has been edited by Intrepid (edited 11-16-2007 @ 11:52 PM).]

posted 11-20-07 05:07 AM EDT (US)     11 / 89  
I love EE1.... EE:AoC is tolerable for its additional units and civ powers (for scenario design purposes only).... The balance of EE:AoC was horrendous though...

I agree with _o0XxX0o_ about Mad Doc needing to go away....

Cherub at Empire Earth Heaven - Administrator and Developer of Degrees of Zero Design
posted 11-20-07 04:20 PM EDT (US)     12 / 89  
Who couldn't agree with that. I guarantee I would get this game if Mad Doc didn't make it.

EE forever
posted 11-20-07 05:03 PM EDT (US)     13 / 89  
Well SSSI is bankrupt and wouldn't continue the series. Despite how much you may hate Mad Doc, surely its better than not having any expansions to the series at all?

posted 11-20-07 05:20 PM EDT (US)     14 / 89  
Despite how much you may hate Mad Doc, surely its better than not having any expansions to the series at all?
I can't agree with this kind of logic, why would the EE series suddenly disappear with Mad Doc out of the equation?

It should be a no brainer to implement just another developer in the equation, very simple imo.
posted 11-20-07 06:04 PM EDT (US)     15 / 89  
But no other developer wanted to do it. Besides, Mad Doc supports the community and I am fairly confident that we will have a patch out soon that addresses at least some of your complaints. Everything that can be fixed in patches should be.

posted 11-21-07 10:42 AM EDT (US)     16 / 89  
Mad Doc supports the community
Im sorry GoSailing but that may be one of the biggest load of bs i've heard.

If they supported the community why were they ignoring the requests of what the players wanted? No territories, a game more like the original Empire Earth with a powerful editor, but maybe with some of the gameplay aspects of the second title.
They've quite blatantly ignored the requests, and look whats happened because of it. An epic flop.

Now the games been released, theres no word from them. Even on their own official forums on Sierra, their making no attempts to answer any of the questions answers, especially the negative ones.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 11-21-2007 @ 11:44 AM).]

posted 11-21-07 11:26 AM EDT (US)     17 / 89  
Seems like a rather baffeling statemen by GoSailing, I have to fully agree with banned user on this 1.

From experience from the days of StarTrek Armada and such, MD always seemed to go his own ways, indifferent from the fancrowd.
posted 11-21-07 12:08 PM EDT (US)     18 / 89  
But no other developer wanted to do it. Besides, Mad Doc supports the community and I am fairly confident that we will have a patch out soon that addresses at least some of your complaints. Everything that can be fixed in patches should be.
Maybe no other developer wanted to do it because Mad Doc ruined it?

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Normandy887 (edited 11-21-2007 @ 12:25 PM).]

posted 11-21-07 01:06 PM EDT (US)     19 / 89  
You never saw SSSI officials posting on these forums did you? Mr Game is, however, and helped somebody out when we couldn't. Support doesn't mean they do exactly what you say. If you had a vision for how a game should be, and you had a few people and that is all it is, a few people, Thats all that visit any EE fansite, would you ignore it completely? They worked to give us a lot of people were asking for. Yes, I personally was surprised they still had the territories in the game, but they are much less restrictive than in EE2 and are much bigger as well. They listened enough that its not exactly like EE2 and that is more than many developers ever do. Just take a look at EA, for example... It took them months to put widescreen support on a game and half a year in beta testing to release a patch everybody had been crying for.
Maybe no other developer wanted to do it because Mad Doc ruined it?
No. Not at all. Mad Doc took it because no other developer wanted it. Otherwise a much bigger company would have had it, that could have payed SSSI more for the rights to the series.

posted 11-21-07 01:23 PM EDT (US)     20 / 89  
@ GoSailing, I'm not sure what windscreen support has to do with any critically flaws, or how people rate the game.

Looking back on Ensemble Studios they openly discussed support of widscreen, with claims about unfair advantage on battlefield, not sure if they at a later state implemented it or not, however it would also cause more lag amongst low lvl cmps in multiplyer with more units shown on screen.

SSSI was all over the forum with RnF: CaW, so I wouldn't sit there and point all fingers at SSSI.
posted 11-21-07 03:29 PM EDT (US)     21 / 89  
You never saw SSSI officials posting on these forums did you? Mr Game is, however, and helped somebody out when we couldn't. Support doesn't mean they do exactly what you say. If you had a vision for how a game should be, and you had a few people and that is all it is, a few people, Thats all that visit any EE fan site, would you ignore it completely? They worked to give us a lot of people were asking for.
There really isn't any doubt in my mind that if EE2 had sold to Sierra's satisfaction, we wouldn't have seen the radical shift in game concepts which EE3 represents. Now, without having seen any sales figures for EE3 yet, I'll venture forth and say that the move, in my mind, was a mistake. Why discard the foundation created with EE2, instead of trying to build upon it. It invalidates all the experience and feedback Mad Doc gathered from EE2.

Instead, we've ended up with a game whose vision have been dictated by a yearning for sales. A game that by trying to positioning itself closer to a better selling (and much more crowded) segment of the RTS market, alienates parts of its, however small, existing install base by diminishing the unique features of the franchise. A decision I wouldn't have been able to argue against if the result had been a AAA game, but it isn't. No, instead, Empire Earth 3 feels like it's standing between two chairs instead of sitting in a comfy couch. A game that would have been better off without the Empire Earth moniker, and vice versa. Empire Earth 3 aren't what the gamers targeted by Sierra & Mad Doc have been asking for - they want Starcraft 2.

Finally, I would like to add that I think it's important not solely to target Mad Doc, and rather focus a bit of energy on Sierra, the Big Bad Evil from the times of EE1. Maybe it's because it's easier than blaming people who undoubtedly have worked hard on the game, but I suspect that Sierra may not have been willing to allocate the necessary resources and time to create a quality game given the lacking success of Empire Earth 2. It's probably a decent business decision to attempt to squeeze the franchise for all it's got left without risking too much, but as a fan, it saddens me.
No. Not at all. Mad Doc took it because no other developer wanted it. Otherwise a much bigger company would have had it, that could have payed SSSI more for the rights to the series.
I'm fairly certain that Sierra owned the IP, while SSSi owned all the code. It was creative differences that, as far as I recalled, led to the split, although I don't think it was ever confirmed. To say that Mad Doc is probably the only developer that wanted the franchise is a bit rash in my mind. And yes, I remember SSSi to have been fairly active in the RaF days.

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way.
posted 11-21-07 03:44 PM EDT (US)     22 / 89  
@ GoSailing, I'm not sure what windscreen support has to do with any critically flaws, or how people rate the game.
Merely an example showing how poorly most companies support their games.
SSSI was all over the forum with RnF: CaW, so I wouldn't sit there and point all fingers at SSSI.
No they weren't. I was there since Rise and Fall Heaven was made, and there were hardly any posts by anybody with any ff
Finally, I would like to add that I think it's important not solely to target Mad Doc, and rather focus a bit of energy on Sierra, the Big Bad Evil from the times of EE1.
I think you are very right with this one. I know that SSSI employees, after the company went bankrupt, often complained and said how they knew the game would fail because of the developers. It very well could have happened to Mad Doc as well. They could have been trapped releasing a game they didn't want to, but what are they going to do, tell people not to buy the game? They can't.

If you don't like the game, fine, but there isn't any one reason we can dump its problems on.

posted 11-21-07 04:20 PM EDT (US)     23 / 89  
Well if they didn't want to make it, they could at least put in a powerful editor (even more powerful than the first) and have people who do want to "make" it edit the game.

EE forever
posted 11-21-07 04:40 PM EDT (US)     24 / 89  
You never saw SSSI officials posting on these forums did you?
Infact they were. Although we both wern't here back then, if you look back you can see people from SSSI, such as Eggman, Gordan Farrell and other SSSI people answering peoples questions before and after the game came out. Infact eggman even released a campaign in our campaign section!
When Empires came out, there were also SSSI people answering lots of questions to, again before and after. Such as Gordon again and Hank, who as im aware was part of SSSI.
No they weren't. I was there since Rise and Fall Heaven was made, and there were hardly any posts by anybody with any
Probably because midway stopped funding SSSI during the making of it, I wouldn't blame them for not posting as often, because of that, as they won't have known as much about the end product.
Mr Game is, however, and helped somebody out when we couldn't.
Well im glad he posted BUT reading the thread he posted on he was the first person to post a reply to the topic, so really a few people could have answered it, it seems to me that Mr Game just got there first.
He also posted again saying how he was lurking and said how you'll get used to gold running out so quickly. Completely ignoring my post of all the things I found wrong with the demo. He's posted a couple of times on the Sierra forums also, Mad Doc probly should learn of him as he's the only one of them posting.
They worked to give us a lot of people were asking for.
Care to give examples? I don't agree with that at all, I reckon at least 95% of what people wanted was ignored. And most of those people were all asking for the same thing.
No. Not at all. Mad Doc took it because no other developer wanted it.
I'd be highly surprised if that were true. Empire Earth won 2001 game of the year. There was so much that could have been done with the game, im sure lots of companies out there would have loved to have had it.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
posted 11-21-07 05:50 PM EDT (US)     25 / 89  
Just forget I said anything. I was hoping to at least let you guys at least look on the brightside, but if you don't like the game nothing will change your opinions, even if I was trying.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Empire Earth 3 General Discussions » Played the demo. EE3 really sux.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames