You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

EE Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Evolva IV - The Pimm's Bar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
posted 12-11-08 03:47 PM EDT (US)   
The Pimm's Bar

Hosts

EVOLVA IV - PARTY AT FoO's PLACE!

ANYONE READING POETRY WILL BE BARRED!
BARRED I TELL YOU!
BARRED!

Meet The Team (Now recruiting):

The Don - Dr. Foo
Mercenary Dentist - Blatant
Resident Astrophysicist -Arvy
<h2> Abuser of Godly Power - GoSailing </h2>
Legendary Delusionist - Ash
Official Taster of Whiskey and Tea - Earl Sargon II
Banned - Forum Bitch
Jaeger - The Evil Angel (Foo's little helper)

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 03-09-2010 @ 06:11 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-19-09 01:59 PM EDT (US)     271 / 2278  
LotR is good, but Artemis Fowl is my favorite series of books ever. Read them before you dis them.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 01-19-09 05:33 PM EDT (US)     272 / 2278  
exam went well today and me and matty were quite pleased.

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD

[This message has been edited by Roxas (edited 01-19-2009 @ 05:34 PM).]

posted 01-19-09 06:01 PM EDT (US)     273 / 2278  
Bah, humbug to you LotR nerds. I'd sooner learn Gnommish than Elven any day of the week.

Personally I have to agree that Foaly and Root were epic characters. However they all have their moments. I'm all for Minerva and Holly to start duking it out over Artemis, I think that would be a great plotline.

Doctor FoO
posted 01-19-09 06:34 PM EDT (US)     274 / 2278  
I can barely remember anything about LoTR.

<3
posted 01-19-09 07:11 PM EDT (US)     275 / 2278  
Bah, humbug to you LotR nerds. I'd sooner learn Gnommish than Elven any day of the week.
Agreed.
I'm all for Minerva and Holly to start duking it out over Artemis, I think that would be a great plotline.
I don't see thta happening until Artemis is much older (Holly duking it out, that is). Colfer said that he might make an adult Artemis Fowl series, that would be cool.

Oh, I almost forgot: Holly would totally own Minerva! :P

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

posted 01-23-09 10:34 AM EDT (US)     276 / 2278  
So...

erm...

Oscars! Annoyed that The Dark Knight wasn't nominated for best picture and director, it should have been instead of the Reader. But it seems the Acadamy has a huge preference towards films that take place during the holocaust.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
posted 01-23-09 10:50 AM EDT (US)     277 / 2278  
Me too.

Blasphemy! Arvy, come to my aid!

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
posted 01-23-09 12:03 PM EDT (US)     278 / 2278  
Oscars! Annoyed that The Dark Knight wasn't nominated for best picture and director, it should have been instead of the Reader. But it seems the Acadamy has a huge preference towards films that take place during the holocaust.
yeah i've noticed a lot of big block-buster films aren't put up for a lot of awards. I expected Quatum Of Solace and all the other good action films over the last year to get something by the way of awards but its annoying that this isn't the case.

Ninja Jedi
Hated most heavens
posted 01-23-09 12:38 PM EDT (US)     279 / 2278  
You unenlightened fool!

posted 01-23-09 02:00 PM EDT (US)     280 / 2278  
So who else hadn't heard of Slumdog Millionaire before it got nominated for the Golden Globes?

EE forever
posted 01-23-09 02:20 PM EDT (US)     281 / 2278  
I heard of it months ago 1) when i was in india and 2) when i saw a trailer for it in the UK (I was surprised because an indian actor was in a "holywood" movie. Though im surprised they got Anil Kapoor to do it, instead of Shah Rukh Khan, or Amitabh Bhacchan.

Plus the Bond films are almost always ignored by the Academy

Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD

[This message has been edited by Roxas (edited 01-23-2009 @ 02:21 PM).]

posted 01-23-09 03:21 PM EDT (US)     282 / 2278  
Yeah I think it got even more noticed in the UK and the US. It had a very limited release here (I don't really know about anywhere else) and only because it got nominated for the Oscars it is playing in more theaters now. It could just be where I live that I haven't heard of it.

EE forever
posted 01-23-09 04:09 PM EDT (US)     283 / 2278  
Dark Knight didn't get anything.

posted 01-23-09 04:57 PM EDT (US)     284 / 2278  
It should've. Best movie I've ever seen.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 01-23-09 05:33 PM EDT (US)     285 / 2278  
Yeah, I was mad, too.
Indeed! For how can one speak such against that fair language, Sindarin, and it's elder, Quenya?! GO BACK TO THE SHADOWS!
So who else hadn't heard of Slumdog Millionaire before it got nominated for the Golden Globes?
Ha, I heard of it before. I really liked the movie. The plot was wonderful, and the slums... I had never seen the slums of Mumbai before, so that was pretty horrifying. Best part was the lack of numerous song and dance numbers randomly placed throughout the movie.
Though im surprised they got Anil Kapoor to do it, instead of Shah Rukh Khan, or Amitabh Bhacchan.
Yeah, I choked at that, too. I mean, last time I watched, it Shah Rukh Khan hosted Kaun Banega Crorepati, not Anil Kapoor.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 01-23-09 06:35 PM EDT (US)     286 / 2278  
Dark knight was entertaining and well done for a superhero movie, but if it was the best movie you've ever seen surely you should watch more movies. And if you say you don't like watching movies, you shouldn't try to critique them.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 01-23-09 10:37 PM EDT (US)     287 / 2278  
well amitabh did it for a few seasons too

posted 01-23-09 10:39 PM EDT (US)     288 / 2278  
dark knight did get nominated for BSA: Heath Ledger

Edit: Sorry for DP

[This message has been edited by Roxas (edited 01-23-2009 @ 10:39 PM).]

posted 01-24-09 05:05 AM EDT (US)     289 / 2278  
You're a cherub Roxas, you can get away with it otherwise they will have to suffer.

<3
posted 01-24-09 06:10 AM EDT (US)     290 / 2278  
Yeah, I choked at that, too. I mean, last time I watched, it Shah Rukh Khan hosted Kaun Banega Crorepati, not Anil Kapoor
wat

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
posted 01-24-09 01:02 PM EDT (US)     291 / 2278  
we're being indian....go away

posted 01-24-09 01:26 PM EDT (US)     292 / 2278  
Indeed! For how can one speak such against that fair language, Sindarin, and it's elder, Quenya?! GO BACK TO THE SHADOWS!
It seems we have irreconcilable differences, and thus we shall solve this like men! It is time to DEUL!

Choose the manner and I shall coose the time and place. You may pick anything, swords, pitols, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, whatever floats your boat. However one thing is inveitable, your defeat, and Sindarin's eternal obsurity.

Doctor FoO
posted 01-24-09 02:45 PM EDT (US)     293 / 2278  
well amitabh did it for a few seasons too
I think he did it in the very beginning, plus started it again in like early 2000, but Shah Rukh Khan is the current host (based on when I last watched it 10 months ago). Khan would have been a better host than Anil Kapoor. Plus, I can't remember the last time I saw Shah Rukh Khan playing a proper villain... unless you count the Don remake, which absolutely sucked. I prefer the original far more. And that song... Khaike Paan Banaras Wali.
Choose the manner and I shall coose the time and place. You may pick anything, swords, pitols, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, whatever floats your boat. However one thing is inveitable, your defeat, and Sindarin's eternal obsurity.
Lord of the Rings trading cards (which means I have to make a proper deck out of them... shit). And we will post pics of our moves, so that there's no cheating. kk?

|
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 01-24-09 07:27 PM EDT (US)     294 / 2278  
Wow, just watched Slumdog Millionaire today. What a good movie. To be honest, I was expecting it to be a little better based on all the praise surrounding it (#34 on IMDb's top 250!), but it was still a pretty badass movie. Very good character development.

I also saw Revolutionary Road which wasn't bad either. DiCaprio is one good actor, not to mention Kate Wenslet.

And of course, how could I forget. The oldest version of Latika in the movie was sizzlin' hot.

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 01-24-2009 @ 07:34 PM).]

posted 01-24-09 09:10 PM EDT (US)     295 / 2278  
I'm using AOM god powers

posted 01-25-09 05:46 AM EDT (US)     296 / 2278  
Lord of the Rings trading cards (which means I have to make a proper deck out of them... shit). And we will post pics of our moves, so that there's no cheating. kk?
I give you every option in the world and you challenge me to...

...Top Trumps?

Doctor FoO
posted 01-25-09 01:27 PM EDT (US)     297 / 2278  
I have failed to understand the majority of the posts in the last few days.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 01-25-09 03:18 PM EDT (US)     298 / 2278  
FoO went mad....thats about it

posted 01-25-09 03:25 PM EDT (US)     299 / 2278  
The oldest version of Latika in the movie was sizzlin' hot.

|
posted 01-25-09 05:28 PM EDT (US)     300 / 2278  
Seriously, it's just like whoa.

x a million

EE forever
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » Evolva IV - The Pimm's Bar
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames