You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

EE Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Evolva IV - The Pimm's Bar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50 51 52 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
posted 12-11-08 03:47 PM EDT (US)   
The Pimm's Bar

Hosts

EVOLVA IV - PARTY AT FoO's PLACE!

ANYONE READING POETRY WILL BE BARRED!
BARRED I TELL YOU!
BARRED!

Meet The Team (Now recruiting):

The Don - Dr. Foo
Mercenary Dentist - Blatant
Resident Astrophysicist -Arvy
<h2> Abuser of Godly Power - GoSailing </h2>
Legendary Delusionist - Ash
Official Taster of Whiskey and Tea - Earl Sargon II
Banned - Forum Bitch
Jaeger - The Evil Angel (Foo's little helper)

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 03-09-2010 @ 06:11 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-14-09 12:22 PM EDT (US)     1471 / 2278  
The south... Yuck.
University of Maryland isn't the south... and University of Virginia barely is, it's not far from Washington D.C. which is the opposite of the South. As long as it's one of the most prestigious schools I don't mind if it's the south.

EE forever
posted 11-14-09 01:41 PM EDT (US)     1472 / 2278  
Ah. Well I'm actually probably going to end up going to San Jose State. Its really easy to get into and I have no doubt I could get into significantly "better" schools, but its in Silicone Valley where I'm likely going to end up working and living. Its got a great reputation there and is ranked 5th in the nation for Computer Science/Software Engineering.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 11-14-09 05:23 PM EDT (US)     1473 / 2278  
Good luck (not that you need it, just saying generally good luck .)

EE forever
posted 11-14-09 05:41 PM EDT (US)     1474 / 2278  
York, perhaps? Oxbridge, if I'm good enough.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
posted 11-16-09 06:54 PM EDT (US)     1475 / 2278  
And here I thought you'd come to America for college!

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 11-16-09 11:25 PM EDT (US)     1476 / 2278  
erm... University of Lancaster?
We don't have one.

My first choice is Washington and Lee in Virginia. I'm homeschooled too, but most of my friends' parents are engineers so that helps.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
posted 11-17-09 09:33 AM EDT (US)     1477 / 2278  
You're homeschooled? Dude, we have the same birthday and now this?

EE forever
posted 11-17-09 10:00 AM EDT (US)     1478 / 2278  
Do you guys like being home schooled? I don't think I'd like it much personally but I do know that loads of people prefer it.

posted 11-17-09 11:45 AM EDT (US)     1479 / 2278  
It's better in every single way possible, except if you don't attend a lot of groups it's really easy to get lonely and isolated.

EE forever
posted 11-17-09 11:47 AM EDT (US)     1480 / 2278  
There are good things and bad things about it. I get a better education (Having been to public school I can say this for sure) than most, and it's more personal. Sometimes I think a public/private school would be nice, but this works out pretty well.

posted 11-17-09 03:29 PM EDT (US)     1481 / 2278  
But surely you miss the company? School isn't just about the learning, indeed the learning is almost secondary to the social skills school provides from an early age.

posted 11-17-09 05:17 PM EDT (US)     1482 / 2278  
I'm with Sargon here. I love going to school not just because I get to learn, but also because I get to interact with everyone else. I love sitting in history, frankly, surrounded by 4 girls, one of whom is the one whom I like...

And will never be able to tell her, cause there's no point in doing so.

But will be able to write poems about it!

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 11-17-09 05:22 PM EDT (US)     1483 / 2278  
York, perhaps? Oxbridge, if I'm good enough.
Are you private schooled?

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
posted 11-17-09 05:24 PM EDT (US)     1484 / 2278  
I'm homeschooled through a private school (That's the way to do it), so I do sports and such activities on campus, providing some much-needed interaction. That and Robotics most of the year fills the bill.

posted 11-17-09 05:36 PM EDT (US)     1485 / 2278  
But surely you miss the company? School isn't just about the learning, indeed the learning is almost secondary to the social skills school provides from an early age.
Exactly.

EE forever
posted 11-17-09 05:40 PM EDT (US)     1486 / 2278  
This is a stupid attitude that will probably lead only to depression. All that can happen if you ask her out is she'll say yes and you be happy or she'll say no and you'll be where you are now.

posted 11-18-09 08:17 AM EDT (US)     1487 / 2278  

But will be able to write poems about it!
But of course. Great substitute, that.
Are you private schooled?
I go to an outer London comprehensive.
This is a stupid attitude that will probably lead only to depression. All that can happen if you ask her out is she'll say yes and you be happy or she'll say no and you'll be where you are now.
Quite right.

posted 11-18-09 03:15 PM EDT (US)     1488 / 2278  
I would hate to be home schooled, although it's entirely possible to feel lonely even when surrounded by people.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 11-18-09 05:33 PM EDT (US)     1489 / 2278  
Or I could be even worse like with the first girl I asked out, who incidentally was a good friend of mine, too. The friendship just died after that. So yeah, not repeating that.
But of course. Great substitute, that.
Quite. One of these days, through subtle hints in History, I'll get her to ask me to show her my poems. And then... Well, she still shan't know of the tears.
Quite right.
Read first reply.
although it's entirely possible to feel lonely even when surrounded by people.
I feel like that all the time.

|
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 11-18-09 05:50 PM EDT (US)     1490 / 2278  
Or I could be even worse like with the first girl I asked out, who incidentally was a good friend of mine, too. The friendship just died after that. So yeah, not repeating that.
Go say hi to her and speak to her like you normally did. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to fix your friendship. Hell, I've dated a best friend, had it end after we were pretty solid for a few months and its still fine.

posted 11-18-09 06:58 PM EDT (US)     1491 / 2278  
I don't know. I want to ask her out, but I don't even know if she doesn't like anyone else or not. I know that she isn't dating anyone else, at least, but beyond that, nothing. I might. I just don't know yet.

|
posted 11-18-09 09:26 PM EDT (US)     1492 / 2278  
Just do it. People build up so much suspense and make it much worse than it is. Eventually, if you relax enough you'll have less problems asking people out which can really only lead to happiness. Also, if she says no, its pretty much done with and you'll probably move on and have another crush in a few weeks. Its not like the world will end if she says no.

posted 11-18-09 10:00 PM EDT (US)     1493 / 2278  
You could always ask how to solve this problem on Yahoo Answers.

EE forever
posted 11-18-09 10:02 PM EDT (US)     1494 / 2278  
Please do. And link us to it.

Anyway: Arvy, I think you and I should have a conversation about some of this sometime soon over MSN. I think it would help us both.

posted 11-18-09 11:52 PM EDT (US)     1495 / 2278  
Be friends with her parents.

posted 11-19-09 10:27 AM EDT (US)     1496 / 2278  
Go say hi to her and speak to her like you normally did. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to fix your friendship. Hell, I've dated a best friend, had it end after we were pretty solid for a few months and its still fine.
I just recently ended a relationship with a friend. We're still close friends. I do not see the problem.
Be friends with her parents.
Not a problem for me. I'm naturally slimy.

posted 11-19-09 11:08 AM EDT (US)     1497 / 2278  
Wow this is like ye' olden days. Sargon and I keep agreeing. Its a little odd, but I most certainly don't dislike it.

posted 11-19-09 04:34 PM EDT (US)     1498 / 2278  
Anyway: Arvy, I think you and I should have a conversation about some of this sometime soon over MSN. I think it would help us both.
Sounds like your going to form a suicide pact.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
posted 11-19-09 04:50 PM EDT (US)     1499 / 2278  
Wow this is like ye' olden days. Sargon and I keep agreeing.
Surely no apostrophe after "ye"?

posted 11-19-09 04:53 PM EDT (US)     1500 / 2278  
Sounds like your going to form a suicide pact.
You want in too?

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50 51 52 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 76  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » Evolva IV - The Pimm's Bar
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames