You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Need some tips on this...
posted 09-01-02 08:07 AM EDT (US)   
Ok, so I have been playing this game for like 5 months now, but I lost my CD case almost as soon as I had this game installed, so I have not played multiplayer until a few days ago when I found the CD case and subsequently the CD key to play MP. So now I am faced with an entirley different style of playing the game (as is usual in all games that have MP). Speed is of essence, especially in multi-epoch games.

Here's my problem:
In a pre-nano game, I am starting out with 5 villiagers and go from there. I try to make the best use of everyone and go straight for chopping wood and foraging until I can get stone age. Then I send more villiagers to the mines and get to dark ages in about 10 mins game time (i think). My scouting puppy confirms that everyone else is stone too. Next I make it to copper in less than 20mins since game started. And then Dark about 10mins after that.

Next thing I know, my allies and I are all getting attacked by massive forces of grenadiers....

and then within 5mins they are doughboys

Ok...I looked thouroughly at the after game stats, and there was no sign of foul play. Which leads me to believe they know something I do not.

So if you know what that is...post it here. I want to know. I am tired of being 4 epochs behind come battle time.

|Check out|
My Campaign Demo Here:

http://www.geocities.com/jason_mp/index.html

Replies:
posted 09-01-02 09:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
i'm space by the one hour mark on standard-high. Maybe thats why. If its a DM, I could do it even faster.

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
posted 09-01-02 11:42 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
Like ca said, with higher settings its easier to epoch.

I would recommend to start MP with following settings;

Map: Plains
Resources: Tourney-Low
Start epoch: RANDOM
End Epoch: Space (or Nano)
Game Variant: Tournament
Speed: Fast
No wonders vic

NO reveal map
NO custom civs
rest three options YES

These are also called Ligasettings, and are most challenging to play. These will raise your skill level like heck. If you start with Standar resouces, you'll get used to that and won't move on to LOWER resources. It's always good to start from the difficultest.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 09-01-02 06:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
belive it or not, those are the settings that were used...except reveal map was on.

|Check out|
My Campaign Demo Here:

http://www.geocities.com/jason_mp/index.html

posted 09-03-02 01:44 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
*shocked*

Well, reveal map really helps. You don't need to search for resources.

I must try.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 09-07-02 07:29 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
Hi Keln

I agree with Lt_surge99 about settings to play. If you see me online, whisper me and I will help you get better. One of the best ways to improve quickly is to observe good player games.

posted 09-07-02 08:15 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
Actually it WOULD be one of the best things GHM, but usually good players do NOT let obersvers in their game.

posted 09-07-02 12:22 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
Some good players dont, but I always let people observe my 1v1 matches if they ask politely. I will also anybody who wants to get better.
posted 09-07-02 04:16 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
Are you American?

posted 09-07-02 06:12 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
no... i'm Canadian
posted 09-07-02 07:26 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
me too.

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
posted 09-07-02 11:22 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
Meeeeeeee tooo B.C. all tha way!
posted 09-08-02 04:27 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
So many cans here :S

I asked because I wanted to know what timezone are you in. Too bad youre so behind =/

posted 09-08-02 07:36 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
hehe...give me your e-mail and I'll let you know when I am going to be on at reasonable time (your time).
posted 09-08-02 08:13 AM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
My mail is in my sig samikara@welho.com <--also my MSN

[This message has been edited by Lt_Surge99 (edited 09-08-2002 @ 08:14 AM).]

posted 09-08-02 06:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
so basically they got to ww1 in 35 minutes in random-nano starting in pre meaning 1 forage... wow they are awesome
posted 09-09-02 10:05 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
Hey Money, can I watch one of your games, too cause I just ralized how sucky I am when I lost in a rookie game. lol. my adress is Roguelead050@aol.com. you can pick any Friday or late Sunday match EST

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
posted 09-10-02 07:44 AM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
Hi Ace,

Sure no problem. I will e-mail you to set up a time.

posted 09-12-02 06:50 AM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
gg money... true to his word he let a newb observe

and he is canadian wow :§

posted 09-12-02 07:49 AM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
thks Jebb....I'm planning to be on the west server this Friday at 8.00 pm if you want to play.

ps thats unless girlfriend bans me from playing

posted 09-12-02 02:20 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
hehe hopefully your girlfriend will let u play hope to see u there
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Strategy Forum » Need some tips on this...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames