You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Battle of Waterloo
posted 08-31-02 06:49 PM EDT (US)   
Can some1 please help me get past this campaign?

I built up military with some dragoons, infantry, cannons, and whatever i can with the little time you have to do it in.
My problem is i cannot stop Napoleans men with what i have.
I tried fortifying on top of the hill and also on bottom of hill by the castle walls, but i keep getting slaughtered.

Any advice???

All the other mission up until now have been pretty easy.

Replies:
posted 09-01-02 01:03 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
Any1???
Tried multiple times, switching my armies all over the place to no avail. Need a walkthru, but the sites under construction. I guess ill have to try a cheat soon, hate to do it.
posted 09-01-02 09:19 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
cheats don't work in campaigns.

i build sword cav, dragoons, elite guards, and bronze cannons, plus a few more normal inf. I build towers on the hill. My army has great loss in the first battle down in the blue town, but I survive, then i count mainly on the prussian support. I put any other resources on cannons and bombards. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. it worked a few times for me.

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
posted 09-01-02 01:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
Ok thx for help, i tried towers down by the bypass route the french take and they pummeled me there and i didnt have much of a army left. I'll try what u say with the towers on the hill.
What should i put down at the blue town? All my army??
Cause what i tried b-4 was to put all my army on northwest side of Brussels where the bypass ends and im able to get their officer NEY? Then next thing i know is they invading at the hill and i cant get my guys down there fast enough.

Back to the drawing board. lol

I didnt know cheats didnt work on campaigns lol.

posted 09-01-02 02:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
thx ca_aok, was able to defeat Napoleans army the 1st try by placing at least 6 towers and a hospitol strategically placed on the hill to try to heal my men as they fight. Was a close 1 though, i only had a few guys left after the 1st battle near the blue town. I only made dragoons (about 20) and bronze cannons(about 10) and placed em all together for both battles. Then i gave my Dragoons resources totalling 10 for the battle.

thx again

posted 09-02-02 05:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
youre welcome

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
posted 09-05-02 00:29 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
Had several attampts before i got it right, but from memory it went like this, built towers / hospitals on the hill, both to the front and to the flank. Then when Ney attacks up the side, used some Dragoons to draw him off towards the hill, towers and main army. A few of his troops didnt take the bait so had a small army up ahaead to catch them. That left cosiderably more troops left to fight the main attack on the hill when it comes.

assume you put villagers to mine stone, so as too get more towers?

posted 09-07-02 09:34 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
u cant get villagers in this mission. You only get about 10 engineers. You have to protect them while they gathered stone, but no1 ever attacked them when they all alone so i didnt bother protecting them.
posted 09-09-02 03:21 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
They build structures they can mine stone, if you want to call them engineers it s ok by me , but basically they are villagers citizens peons whatever.
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Strategy Forum » Battle of Waterloo
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames