You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: What is so good about DM's?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 08-21-02 11:30 PM EDT (US)   
What is so goos about DM's? I've played them, especially Modern ones, but I've never really liked them. What is so good about them? And why does everyone play them. It seems like no one likes RM's anymore, because they arne't patient enough to actually get their own resources or something. What does anyone else think on this?
Replies:
posted 08-22-02 01:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 44  
some people who have anti-OOS trainers think it will hide their cheating, and to some extent it does

but of course that's not always the case

DM is good if you like to have a lot of big battles, and use a lot of expensive units

Anarchy_Balsac(owner of Anarchy clan in ee)
posted 08-22-02 07:08 AM EDT (US)     2 / 44  
DM is a joke. Just mass seige and your unbeatable.
posted 08-22-02 05:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 44  
nope

there are many ways to beat massed seige, sword cavalry for one

eles work good as well due to their many hit points, and gun cav with seige support of their own will beat it in ren-ind

of course ww1-nano tanks rip seige to shreds

posted 08-23-02 05:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 44  
Siege is only good when mixed with support. I agree with Mojo about DM's being a joke tho, I don't really like them at all.
posted 08-23-02 08:51 PM EDT (US)     5 / 44  
a lot of people don't like it, but that's fine i just like it because it's intense
posted 08-24-02 06:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 44  
Hmmm, well, it IS intense. I guess part of it might be that I haven't really gotten the hang of it like other people have. I just think that it encourages people to kill each otehr right off the bat, and if they don't kill them right away, before they run out of resources, then the game just sits there while people get mines and stuff. then it turns intoa normal game. Unless of course someone had the sense to get mines too. (Which I'm sure lots of experts do.) I gues I just like RM best.
posted 08-25-02 01:26 AM EDT (US)     7 / 44  
I do not like DM's. Half of the game is your ability to get resources. For example, my sister is an average player, good vs the computer in easy, but if i versed her, i would kick her butt because she only goes to one or two mines. I like random maps, they show how good you really are.
posted 08-25-02 04:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 44  
Your SISTER plays EE?! Interesting... ...well, I suppose that isn't as weird as a sister playing CS or something, hehe.
posted 08-25-02 05:25 PM EDT (US)     9 / 44  
"Hmmm, well, it IS intense. I guess part of it might be that I haven't really gotten the hang of it like other people have. I just think that it encourages people to kill each otehr right off the bat, and if they don't kill them right away, before they run out of resources, then the game just sits there while people get mines and stuff. then it turns intoa normal game. Unless of course someone had the sense to get mines too. (Which I'm sure lots of experts do.) I gues I just like RM best."

i think that proves my point about RM and DM being different skills altogether, and that DM is not for rooks

posted 08-25-02 11:27 PM EDT (US)     10 / 44  
DM Isn't for rook. People that say DM are for rook should be able to beat everyone in DM.

DM is fun but it can be imbalanced and boring in some epoch (Modern, Indust, Middle) They should fix that in x-pac.

In DM its also about spending all resouce u got effectively. For example: Marine,Tanks and Artillery may work in RM because you can mine more iron than gold. But if you play marine,tank and artillery in DM. You'll get a smaller army. And you'll be cruched.

posted 08-26-02 00:04 AM EDT (US)     11 / 44  
Ya, I think that Anarchy is right, that DM and RM are just different skills altogether. I guess that I could be good at DM's if I played them more. I just don't enjoy them much. And I think it's very funny when Newbies join DM's because they think free resources, and then they play like it's a RM. Especially when it's against experts, ahehehe.
posted 08-26-02 05:23 AM EDT (US)     12 / 44  
people say _____ is for rooks(DM or any other setts) because they don't like it

"hmm i don't like those setts"

"!!!!!!"

"i know, i'll say it's newbie setts and make BS arguements leaving out important facts that make it not so, that way i won't have to deal with them"

posted 08-26-02 10:42 AM EDT (US)     13 / 44  
exactly. If you don't like DMs, don't play!

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
posted 08-26-02 02:18 PM EDT (US)     14 / 44  
Yes, I hate it when people say something is for newbies just because they dislike it. I'm not super fond of DM's but it's ridiculous to say it's for newbies just because one doesn't like it. Usually the people who say that think they're experts, but in all actuality, are newbies. Kinda funny, hehe.
posted 08-26-02 05:53 PM EDT (US)     15 / 44  
DM is for newbies!!!!!!

|

|

|

|

|

|

|
J/K

[This message has been edited by Mojo14 (edited 08-26-2002 @ 05:54 PM).]

posted 08-26-02 06:45 PM EDT (US)     16 / 44  
you'd be surprized how many people will tell you they are experts

<K-O-S>face[ucked sound deleted] is unpopular due to his attitude and his spamming, yet he seems to think it's because of his "skill" which i hear is not that high at all

posted 08-26-02 07:28 PM EDT (US)     17 / 44  
Ya, lol. A lot of people on the net are just total jerks. It's really annoying.
posted 08-26-02 08:21 PM EDT (US)     18 / 44  
to be honest it's sometimes funny, like above example

poor face[ucked sound deleted] doesn't realize how stupid he makes himself look

also i once played a game with a guy who said his name was methos(forgetting he had all checked) and later tried to tell me he was an expert

he lost because he didn't know how to use his massed units, the whole thing was hilarious

posted 08-26-02 09:50 PM EDT (US)     19 / 44  
That IS funny. Ya, sure, he "must've" been an "expert," lol.
posted 08-27-02 00:37 AM EDT (US)     20 / 44  
yeah i descirbed it in detail a while back in the general forum, to this day it is my favorite war story
posted 08-27-02 02:14 AM EDT (US)     21 / 44  
K__S Face is an idoit and a jerk but he used to be a good player i havn't played him in a LONG time but he used to be a good player but a jerk.

as for why people like DM they just like building and battles from the very start. and what most people dont notice is that if you are in a game with very good players the game will come down to eco because those starting resources run out alot faster than you think so a good eco can always win.

What I just said is a lie.
posted 08-27-02 02:31 AM EDT (US)     22 / 44  
i think he's that way due to trauma from his father's umm, i'll stop there

but yeah that thing about having a good econ is so true, i have blundered militarily yet won the actual game because my econ was 3 times better yet the other guy's army was about 20 percent better than mine

[This message has been edited by Anarchy_Balsac1 (edited 08-27-2002 @ 02:33 AM).]

posted 08-27-02 04:37 AM EDT (US)     23 / 44  
period come early Anarchy? lol

aka

Manfred Von Richtofen II

posted 08-27-02 04:49 AM EDT (US)     24 / 44  
muscovite do you have problems?

1. i wasn't flaming anybody

2. i'm a guy

3. i don't know what your problem is, but it's obvious you've become a troll(too bad it's a retarded troll)

posted 08-27-02 05:56 AM EDT (US)     25 / 44  
LOL! Was the period blue? J/K..

Muscovite_101, don't troll man it's not cool

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Strategy Forum » What is so good about DM's?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames