You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hades & Hyperion
posted 08-21-02 05:42 PM EDT (US)   
I think that if you could only build 2 units (besides: heros, citizens, and scout dogs), the game would be better.

Hyperion, cause they can walk anywhere and about 20 of them can take down a single Laser tower with no problem. And they can hit submarines for their attack and add 1/2 damage.

Hades, cause they can teleport anywhere on the map and take away units for a few minutes. Which can cause players to lose resources for a small amount of time.

Does anyone else think that this would be a good idea?

Replies:
posted 08-21-02 06:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 17  
interesting use of hades...could be good also to teleport to an enemy airport make it dissappear as a bunch of planes tries to land, and watch them all crash and burn. hehe

and hyperions are great. gotta love the all terrain feature, and they deal some serious damage also.

[This message has been edited by One_Dead_Villy (edited 08-21-2002 @ 06:05 PM).]

posted 08-21-02 11:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 17  
Speaking of Hades, a lot of Newbies like to have ALL of their planes just patrolling. This includes bombers. If you teleport Hades into their base near some bombers, (especially nukers.) they'll attack your Hades and obliterate them, as well as their own base. It's really quite hilarious. And by the way, if I had to choose two units, I'd choose Zues and Apollo. Not only do Zues kill all cybers, and to a whole lot of damage, but they have a TON of HP, and the Apollos can heal them. It makes them pretty hard to kill.
posted 08-22-02 03:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17  
The units I use most often are HE tanks and Ares. Tanks are great against everything but AT, and Ares is great against everything but fighters and massed (And I mean massed) AA.
posted 08-22-02 05:45 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17  
attacking subs with hades? are you mad? hades has a *0.2 multiplier versus subs
posted 08-22-02 06:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17  
No one mentioned using hades to attack subs, you mean hyperions I guess?

[This message has been edited by One_Dead_Villy (edited 08-22-2002 @ 07:00 PM).]

posted 08-22-02 06:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17  
Well actually, I'll just build a tempest and all your ares will be dead.
posted 08-22-02 07:01 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17  
oh whoops, i meant hyperions

i wish tempest would actually cast anti-matter storm when i want it to

posted 08-23-02 04:08 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17  
for me its simple...

NUKES... AND TANKS...

MAKE A FEW TANKS TAKE DOWN ALL THE AA GUNS IN THEIR BASE AS FAST AS U CAN B4 UR TANKS GET WIPPED OUT...{AND DONT WORRIE IF THEY DO BC ITS A SUECIDE MISSION ANYWAYS} AFTER ITS DONE DONT MIND IF U LEFTAQ FEW AA AROUND BC ... WHEN U START NUKIN THE S*** OUT OF THEM ITS ALL OVER BABY..!!!!!!

posted 08-24-02 03:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17  
Hyperion vs. Sub is great, as long as the Hyperions are ON LAND, not underwater. Once they get underwater, the subs will eat them alive.
posted 08-25-02 11:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17  
My fav cybers are tempest & hyperion.

Tempest kicka$$. the resonator can kill a small group of tanks and zeus in a single shot. And kill almost every other units in two shots.

I like hyperion because they are the most versatile unit in nano. Only non-air unit that counter them are zeus. AT aren't very good against them.

posted 08-26-02 05:56 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17  
Ares + Tempest own any thing.
posted 08-27-02 02:19 AM EDT (US)     12 / 17  
Hades can be very useful if you notice that the enemie as massing cybers because of te nano virus, its not even funny how deadly it is. a hades and zeus could kill most things besides mass air and ifantry.

What I just said is a lie.
posted 08-27-02 02:36 AM EDT (US)     13 / 17  
"Hyperion vs. Sub is great, as long as the Hyperions are ON LAND, not underwater. Once they get underwater, the subs will eat them alive."

then the following is probably a glitch, but i've seen my sub's torpedos actually come out of the water and attack the hyperions while their on land(may only happen once hyperions have been attack while underwater first)

posted 08-30-02 12:40 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17  
I've also seen that, but it's pretty rare.
posted 08-30-02 03:41 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17  
Yeah, sometimes weird stuff happens when the environment changes a lot.
posted 09-02-02 06:26 AM EDT (US)     16 / 17  
How about Zeus, they are the king of Nano age land fights. They virtually take anything down if you pack them.

How about this for an interesting battle: Fighter/Bombers (Phoenix) and and an AA unit (Stinger or Skywatcher).

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - George Bernard Shaw
Age of Empires Heaven Agetoons About Me
posted 09-06-02 10:47 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17  
Zeus beat all cybers, but they are suck against everything else.
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Strategy Forum » Hades & Hyperion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames