You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Machine Gun/AT=Stupidest Combo ever devised!
posted 08-20-02 10:30 PM EDT (US)   
I laugh everytime I scout and see the enemy going Machine Guns/AT when he sees my Inf. A lot of inters seem to think this is a smart move.

But, my much bigger army of Infantry/AT owned him easily, why? Well, there are a two reasons.

1. I had superior micro, My AT owned his machine guns(MArines own AT, but Machine Guns don't...suprizing), and my Infantry decimated his AT before it killed even half of my AT.

2. AT/Inf works much better because you can mass both very easily for the simple reason that AT is wood/gold and Marines are food/inf.

If you can micro decently you will own AT/Machine Guns every time with inf/AT, EVERY time!

In conclusion the best two unit combo for an early or mid game is Inf/AT, second is probably tank/inf, however that takes more micro skill to defeat the Mach/AT combo...

Replies:
posted 08-21-02 00:41 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
if they don't have aa, i like to bomb them

if they do, i like to use HEtanks/at

Anarchy_Balsac(owner of Anarchy clan in ee)
posted 08-21-02 12:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
Heh, very true. I used to use that combo alot. Then I learned the pleasures of the Gernade Launcher/HE Tank/Bombard combo. And since I always have a good econ... weee .

Angel AzN | News Editor Lead EH, HeavenGames LLC
"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
HeavenGames Empires Heaven | 3DMark05 Score 3DMark03 Score | WearYELLOW
posted 08-21-02 01:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
Forgot about that AzN, for the later game inf/AT and some morters or artillery works very well
posted 08-21-02 03:03 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
i have seen infantry and mortars combo used quite effective. since both are cheap compared to the siege. and easy to replenish, fairly fast to move around the map, uses mutually exclusive metal resources, its a pretty ideal combination. 50 of each and you can lay a serious spanking on someone.

[This message has been edited by One_Dead_Villy (edited 08-21-2002 @ 03:06 PM).]

posted 08-21-02 06:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10  

I gotta disagree that MGers/ATers are the stupidest combo ever. It's a versitile combination that wipes out Inf and Armor. Instead of making 5 marines with that iron, try making some artillery and shelling the enemy from a distance while your MGers and ATers keep them away.

You make a good point about the heavy gold drain on your economy with the MG/AT combo. I generally pump iron into tanks over marines. Sherman tanks outrun AT guns quite nicely.

If a force of Inf/AT guns faced against MG/AT guns at the 10 minute mark, I dare to suggest that the outcome would be determined by the player who utilized his troops in a superior fashion.

posted 08-21-02 09:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
well i find artillery is good to add as well if you're not worried about cost

posted 08-21-02 09:58 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
using the cost reduct i your civ for siege would make for a better combo 160 is cheaper than 200 any day. Plus you could spend that extra iron on some tanks or inf
posted 08-21-02 11:04 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10  

Quote:

If a force of Inf/AT guns faced against MG/AT guns at the 10 minute mark, I dare to suggest that the outcome would be determined by the player who utilized his troops in a superior fashion.

I'd be happy to play you and we'll meet up at the 10 min mark with our forces. I am 100% sure I will own you with inf/AT v. mach/AT. I used to go Mach/AT until I realized that AT owned Machine Guns. And I'll be able to outnumber you in both AT and Inf. I'm using food/iron and gold/wood units, while you're using food/gold gold/wood, i.e. I will be able to support a bigger force earlier.

And besides Good micro can take you a long way in EE, especially when combined with 4 houses.

posted 08-21-02 11:19 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
You know guys, all those are good strategies, but I think that splash damage should be worked into them. I'm kinda with AzN, I almost always have a great economy. So, when I attack, with ground forces anyways, I have mostly infantry. Lots of Machine guns, about 20, 20 bazookas, 20 Marines, and about 40 Trench/Heavy Mortars, and maybe a few artillery to add the the flames, so to speak. Helicopters can be a pain for the enemy too. Although, there are ways to counter this, but in a big duke it out fight, this is a good combo. (But, excessive amounts of tanks decimate this force effectively...)
posted 08-22-02 01:02 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
"using the cost reduct i your civ for siege would make for a better combo 160 is cheaper than 200 any day. Plus you could spend that extra iron on some tanks or inf"

true but then they can just as well use cost reduction bonuses for their units

of course in DM cost is much less of a concern

Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Strategy Forum » Machine Gun/AT=Stupidest Combo ever devised!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames