You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Has any 1 beat tha war against napolean-english campaing
posted 08-01-02 04:39 PM EDT (US)   
I GOT AS FAR AS FIGHTING AT TALOUSE THEN I GOT OVERWHELED BY CALVARY AND CANNON AND WELSLEY WAS KILLED AND EVEN IF I DONT USE WELSLEY I KANT BUILD MORE TROOPS DUE TO NO GOLD AND IRON MINES MY MAIN TROOPS ARE DRAGOONS, BRITISH INFANTRY, BRONZE CANNON, 2-3 BOMBARDS, AND CITIZENS TO BUILD TOWERS, THEN I USE MY GENRAL TO TAKE KARE OF SHARPSHOOTERS IN THE HILLS SO DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO BEAT THIS ONE, PLEAZE
Replies:
posted 08-01-02 06:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
MAYBE IT'S CUZ YOUR STUPID AND WRITE IN CAPS?
posted 08-01-02 10:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
HEY B*TcHI WAZ JUST ASKIN A DAMN QUESTION

I KILLED THOUSANDS OF THIER MEN AND STILL THEY KEEP KOMING STRONG AS THA START-ME FIGHTING THA EUROPEAN POWERS AS GRIGOR
posted 08-02-02 00:57 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
Don't f*<ken type in CAP'S then.
posted 08-02-02 02:49 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
Yeah i played that one in the demo for ages and eventually got as far napoleans private army. To get there just build as many british infantry as u can then upgrade them all. Anything u have left spend on seige. But even if u get that far its useless because at the base of the hill u fight on they have heaps of snipers. After them u'll be left with aout 40-50 guys (no siege) and then be quickly wasted by the 400 person army of bombards horsies and hand cannoneers right around the corner.

So pretty much therers no hope in ever winning that scenario so just give up now b4 u get 2 frustrated.

aka

Manfred Von Richtofen II

posted 08-02-02 10:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
umm. maybe it's because you guys suck at single-player. I've beaten that scenario about 5 times. the key is this:

When you liberate Lisbon, build a serpentine, a FEW infantry, and a small force of cavalry, focused on sword cav. Build Towers and Hospitals (You have plenty of stone) and lure bits of the first army back to it. If you want to liberate Banajoz, do so before this. Then repeat for each of the cities, using the sword cav to lure bits of the armies back, but use Wellington for the dragoons at Salamanca. The final army is the hardest to beat, but if you've fought in the range of the hospitals, you should have few losses. Build elite guards, cavalry, infantry, and a bombard. Then use your sword cav to kill the sharp shooters. Put your troops on the top of the hill, and have any medics to the back. The mountain combat bonus helps you win here.

In short, build lots of towers, hospitals, and vilagers. There's no time limit on the scenario. Spend all the time you need on econ.

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
posted 08-02-02 02:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
The last battle is hard but other than that is an easy scenario. The key for me was: send a cuirassier to the mountains, kill the few sharpshooters that are there, and locate your army on the very top of the hill. And see the French charge. If you are well organized on the top of the mountain, you'll win.

Hu seo rag gewat, genap under nihthelm, swa heo no wre
"As for the comment made by eithyddyswcitwr, could you please post back with better grammar that we can all understand, thankyou."
Winner of Sul's Most Obvious Comment Award
Tsunami StudiosWildfire Games
The Frankish Throne (4.6)
posted 08-03-02 00:27 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
The first two times I played that scenario, I didn't liberate that first town that lets you build units... so I played with just my starting force. I liberated EVERYTHING else with just that tiny force... It was a lesson in micromanage. The last battle though was beyond me, that starting force is just too danged small.

Having survived the rest of the scenario with that tiny force, having a few cracks at the final force, reloading the saved game each time, I finally thought to explore... and liberated the first town I should have liberated. With just a few reinforcements, that last group were very easy to deal with. I just kept two forces of calvary and infantry with cannon backup and a few medics. Used the calvary to lure the enemy troops to my waiting infantry and cannon. When they'd been shot up a bit, I just swapped with another group of infantry and calvary and let the medics do their work. Very simple if you play it out correctly.

posted 08-05-02 04:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
lol

First time i played cav of the sky, I played it zoomed in, AND without the guns, maps, or help from the german army. YOU DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF HARD!

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
posted 08-06-02 00:52 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
I beat the campaign. It is pretty hard, I barley beat it too. You have to destory all the calvary and cannons, i destoryed the last of the calvary with the one hero guy left, it was pretty close. what I did, is it helps if you build towers, the help take away some of the guys away.
posted 08-09-02 01:15 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
I won this scenario first shot. Don't bother with towers or hospitals, just build a decent force of Infantry, Dragoons and bronze cannons and a couple of nurses or whatever. Upgrade all your mainstay troops. Form your men up wherever you go with cannons close behind, then send in the Dragoons to start the fight, the enenmy will target the Dragoons who you send behind your men before turning back to join the line. In this way every army is easily defeated. For the final battle with napoleon form you infantry on the left of the mountain top just down a bit on their side (after taking out the snipers with a Cuirassier) put your cannon on top of the mountain and your dragoons on the right of the cannon. Stand ground and watch the Frogs legs fly!
posted 08-12-02 09:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
the scenario is easy to beat! All you have to do is spend a third of your resources on dragoons, and another third on infantry and the other third on cannons. then send half of your troops around each side of the mountain to ambush the enemy. If all else fails use campaign cheats using a trainer.
posted 08-12-02 10:01 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
Maybe if you searched the forums for the words "english campaign" or something similar to it then you might find something. I've posted this quite a few times.

Then again, there are the walkthroughs here at EEH:
http://ee.heavengames.com/gameinfo/walkthroughs/

Proud member and webmaster of the [Black] Clan as [Black] W_M.
posted 08-17-02 04:07 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
yeah I got as far as salamalca then weasly got killed otherwise it was easy
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Strategy Forum » Has any 1 beat tha war against napolean-english campaing
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames