You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Nano Age and Prophets
posted 07-25-02 10:34 AM EDT (US)   

When I play vs another human player I use about 4 Prophets in Nano Age and have them use 3 volanoes and 1 earthquake. It takes out much of his buildings and allows me to teleport a Hades Cyber in to his city and time warp some of his villagers and military units, when they come back they die by the volcano.

Does anyone else use this strategy?

Replies:
posted 07-28-02 02:56 AM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
The judicial application of even a couple of temples will basically render this an expensive exercise in futility. Whilst the prophet at anytime is an awesome weapon well applied, the risk is easily circumvented.

Concentrating fire on a temple will broadcast your intentions to anyone who hasn't wandered away from the computer for a drink (I do that sometimes, others must too).

Basically, don't rely on it. You could apply the resourves elsewhere to better effect generally. One artillery shell will leave your prophets fading bodies on the ground...

posted 07-28-02 05:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
Prophets only cost 200 food and gold a piece making them very effective when properly used. Also I don't know if you noticed but most players on the internet are very careless and tend to not make temples in the later ages because they don't have as much as an effect.

This strategy is very effective most of the time because:

1 - It's pretty low cost
2 - Most player's don't expect it

On the other hand it can be useless if:

1 - The enemy have temples
2 - The enemy have towers or units around their city

posted 07-28-02 03:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
Any real defence is going to stop them cold, regardless of temples. As I said, one artillery shell if they are clustered. You are looking at 800 food and 800 gold, that is going to take a little while to muster up unless it is DM, either way, you'd expect some kind of defence, be it artillery, roving FB's, helicopter gunships, any anti-infantry unit really to be floating around by the time you have gathered, built and walked over that many prophets.

It is fairly customary to throw up a hospital, a temple and a university I thought. At least I generally do and most of the half-decent players do. Coupled with a few defensive units, prophets just aren't going to be able to do much.

Of course, if the person you're playing is hopeless and hasn't templed or gotten defensive units of some sort, then sure, prophets will work. So will a bunch of anything else that you choose to throw at them. 7 hyperions cost about the same and are going to survive a lot longer against any kind of defence, plus can walk through water and over cliffs and do so a lot faster than the prophets will. Even if they get attacked with 7 hyperions, you can still do so econmic damage...

posted 07-28-02 04:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
time warping cits is good for ruining their econ if they don't ctach you

resource gathering cits will come back doing nothing

Anarchy_Balsac(owner of Anarchy clan in ee)
posted 07-31-02 07:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
Prophet are pretty effective. But dont rely on them
posted 08-01-02 00:45 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
you haven't played islands have you? trust me you can count on prophets

posted 08-01-02 06:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
I was playing in a WW2 DM and this guy clumped ships all around my base so I couldn't get out. I made 6 prophets killed all his navy then send in bombers and he quit.
posted 08-02-02 00:45 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
lol yeah i have lost a lot of ships to hurricanes, which is one reason why i like giga maps

if they hurricane your ships they won't get a lucky break with their bomber your too far away and the game becomes more based on skill instead of luck

posted 08-02-02 00:55 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
Knowing how and when to use prophets is skill...
posted 08-02-02 01:24 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
yeah but so is being able to win without a hurricane and 15 starting bombers

i use prophets myself, but i like a game that isn't won so easily wether it's me that wins or not

i like DM to be long hard and bloody as hell

posted 08-02-02 02:34 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
I don't like DM.
posted 08-02-02 03:45 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
i like intense battles, that's what DM is good for

posted 08-08-02 02:21 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
My personal fav with the prophet is the volcano.
If you upgrade them completely and give them civ bonuses they're heaps cool. Especialy when they have a range of like 10 so then you can just sidle up to a base and hopefully lob a volcano right in there somewhere if it's not to cramped.Then they've got this big thing chuckin fireballs at all their buildings but they can't kill it.

aka

Manfred Von Richtofen II

posted 08-08-02 02:29 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
in my opinion the volcano is more annoying than it is effective, earthquake is better for buildings, hurricane is better for ships, plague is better for getting kills(unless they have the zeus temple[you can plague anything that isn't cybers, including cannons and tanks{that's not a typo either}])

Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Strategy Forum » Nano Age and Prophets
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames