You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Favourite and least favourite Heroes
posted 07-12-02 11:25 AM EDT (US)   
Vote..my favorite hero is either Richard The Lionheart or Gilgamesh, because they are hard as hell. I also like Napoleon for the same reason.

I dislike Sargon of Akkad, however, because I think he looks like Osama Bin Laden, I was also not too taken with the representation of Alexander The Great, who should definately be a warrior hero, and a damn good one at that.

Julius Caesar is good in Dark Age, too.
"The people have spoken...FOR THE GLORY OF ROME!"

I think if u r Germany in WW1 u should be able to create The Red Baron in his plane at the airport. But this would only work for WW1, obviously, therin lies the flaw..

I am The Ace of Blades...the last and greatest of the Blademasters...
Replies:
posted 07-12-02 11:47 AM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
My favorite heroe is William and Charmelenge when it comes to deploying them in the game, not in history.

You could have them all able to make Red baron, then in WW2 upgrade to Sakoru Sabotai, Richard Bong, or Yeager, Gabreski, etc.

posted 07-12-02 04:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
Sargon of Akkad actually doesn't looks like bin laden
Go to scn editor and increase the graphic size (about 200%) of sargon o akkad. You will see.
posted 07-12-02 09:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
The game does put forth a miss-representation of Alexander the Great. He was one of the best military warriors of all time. I dont think the red baron or any flying heroes would work well, you need a stationary hero. Also the game is very European biased when it comes to heros from dark age on.
posted 07-14-02 10:35 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
That's probably because the game was made in the West, and there are a lot of heroes from these times. Although it would have beennice to see the likes of Genghis Khan, Zheng He and Minamoto involved somewhere. For example I know who Erwin Rommel was. But I have no idea who Travis Shackleford was (an american General, I think). I would have recognised Field Marshal Montgomery though, and I expect that Asian players mus feel similarily aggreived all the way through the game.

posted 07-14-02 10:38 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
Yeah and you know that this is huge in the Asian market espeacially in Japan, I guess that is why they are making the new space age campaign take place in Asia, but in any event I really think Genghis and Kublai Kahn should be heros, if you put together the LARGEST land empire ever wouldnt you want to be considered a hero?
posted 07-14-02 05:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
They should be in there instead of Richard The Lionheart, who although he was a champion of the christians, he (like all the other crusaders) failed. Richard was actually killed in the Holy Land.

I would prefer Genghis Khan, at least he deservces to be a strategist, because his talent was in pulling together so many men that had been enemies and in battlefield tactics.

posted 07-14-02 07:06 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
You're right about Richard. Actually, the first Crusade was a "success", but that's beyond the point.

Richard was a pretty great general though. Victories that come to mind are Jaffa and part of Acre. It might not have taken great skill, but don't forget that little rebellion against dear old dad.

Richard was a pretty lousy guy though, a racist as bad Hitler. At the massacres he held of Jews and Muslims.

posted 07-14-02 10:44 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
So why limit the number of heroes to 2 each epoch? Would it not be very simple to design more heroes that are available? Sure, new units mean new models, but I don't think it'd be too tough to do that...
posted 07-15-02 09:21 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
"Richard was a pretty lousy guy though, a racist as bad Hitler. At the massacres he held of Jews and Muslims"

Only, Richard got away with it because it was accepted at the time...all religions were like Taliban back then.

posted 07-15-02 10:59 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
lol Ace, that is true, all religions were extremely intolerant of others. Really, they should have more than just 2 heros available per epoch. And about Richard, he was a great general and warrior, but I'd like to see someone like William Wallace there, someone who fought for a more just cause and faced much tougher circumstances.
posted 07-15-02 11:14 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
I see you're from Enland Ace, those pesky little Scotts, lol
posted 07-16-02 02:23 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
Scots, actually, and Wallace did Precious little for the Scottish People. Robert the Bruce, was King of Scotland and an excellent strategist. He did a better Job of uniting people than Wallace and would have Killed the English King if some of his soldiers hadn't got distracted by the King's pile of gold. Plus, he was a great warrior, on the first day of the battle of bannockburn, scottish battle for independance, he chpped this knights head off. when he got back, his lords were like , you could have been killed. and Robert the bruce was like, Hey, my axe is broken. you don't get much more cooler than that.

" His name was Ernie, and he drove the fastest Milk Cart in the west"
-Bennie Hill
posted 07-16-02 11:12 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
Yes, but you have to give Wallace some credit because he was born a peasant not a noble like Robert the Bruce. Do you know how hard it was to rise up against social orders and do what he did, especially in Scotland??? Extremely difficult. I bet William and Robert were equally good warriors and Wallace did show a strategic mind, he didnt just run up in a mad fury into the enemy. He used formations and called in delayed strategic attacks. Wallace didnt actually free the Scotts, it was Robert the Bruce, but Wallace initially inspired the Scotts with his great devotion and courage. Morale and inspiration are invaluably important.
posted 07-16-02 11:26 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
I do give Wallace a lot of credit , but his strategy was fatally flawed, and it caused tons of Scottish Strategies. Bruce perfected the schiltron which ended with the Scottish having about 1/4 the casualties of the English. and he won Bannockburn and most of his other battles with under half the number of Soldiers as the English Had and always won. And he wasn't born king. He was one of two possible candidates. The other guy wouldn't have fought so Bruce stabbed him... in a chuch.

" His name was Ernie, and he drove the fastest Milk Cart in the west"
-Bennie Hill
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Strategy Forum » Favourite and least favourite Heroes
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames