You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Advancing epochs(cop2mod)
posted 07-07-02 10:18 PM EDT (US)   
I can do the epochs without a army or do a army and be left behind in epochs.I upgrade Granaries and settlements to towncenters.WHAT DO I NEED TO DO--MAX CAPITOL OR TURN TOWNCENTERS INTO CAPITOLS AND BOTH IF TIME AND RESOURCES ARE THERE?

I'm one without the other,WHAT CAN I DO TO IMPROVE MY GAME?

I NEED HELP IN ADVANCING EPOCHS AND HAVE A ARMY WITH SPEED.

ALL 2 CENTS WELCOME------THX FOR REPLY IN ADVANCE.

Replies:
posted 07-08-02 11:41 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
You can make both a huge army while still have enough resources to age up.
Try making a town center ASAP on the resources you will be using on your army. Dont make more then two types of units if your planning to upgrade and never take up both iron and gold. Once you get more then enough of let say iron, switch from that gold unit type and use iron unit types while you get the gold. Once you have enough of both Iron and Gold, getting enough Food should be easy, as you can just wait. Also, Improve your graneries ASAP also.

Angel AzN | News Editor Lead EH, HeavenGames LLC
"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
HeavenGames Empires Heaven | 3DMark05 Score 3DMark03 Score | WearYELLOW
posted 07-12-02 11:11 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
What do granaries improve into?

I am The Ace of Blades...the last and greatest of the Blademasters...
posted 07-12-02 11:11 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
And what benefits does this have?

I am The Ace of Blades...the last and greatest of the Blademasters...
posted 07-12-02 09:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
Granaries don't turn into anything, but you can populate them with 8 citizens to make them "Improved Granaries." This is like making a settlement near a mine into a towncenter, it increases the production of food. I think it is somthing like 15 food brought in by citizen at improved granary gives you 20-25 food instead. Quite significant, it helps a lot.
posted 07-13-02 08:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
Still trying.Still getting mop up,but I do have a little bigger army than before.About the only thing I see a increase in speed would be idle bomber hot keys(huge improvement) if I should make it that far lol.I run into a spot where i find i can't do anything but watch.What can be done?
I'm still missing something ,like a fine wine without the grapes,well maybe not that bad.It may be just give it time.
posted 07-14-02 10:59 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
Ok, I am no expert but here are some things that might help.

If you have a high pop count try to get out about 80 citizens and keep them in play, make then farm, hunt or both, gather wood, and build buildings in addition to gathering gold and iron which is probably 24 max.

Next make sure at all times they are doing something tab is the idle citizen key.

If you find yourself being bored like in the first 5-20 minutes it is time to scout either waypoints or explore works fine.

Also make sure you build a barracks or a stable (if available) as your 2nd or third building behind a settlement or 2.

Never make your citizens walk more that 2-3 tiles for gathering resources; it puts a strain on your economy and every little bit helps.

As soon as you a steady flow of food populate settlements and gain epochs.

The best time to epoch (providing you have the available resources) is after a success (small or large) raid. This is because the enemy is trying to rebuild using his available resources. You have some to burn.

Finally the best thing to remember is don't build units that can not help you if you know that the enemy is using gun cavalry and sword cavalry whatever age make sure you have pikemen and spear cavalry and always use waypoint attacks (shift+ctrl+right click) and select multiple targets. Also attack in different groups to counter their troops.

Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Strategy Forum » Advancing epochs(cop2mod)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames