You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Tactics Database - Post Your's Here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 02-24-02 09:05 PM EDT (US)   
Okay, lets list the current tactics we know of that would get us more kills and win battles and stuff even with a smaller army. Help me here!

Hills
Put the ranged units on the top of the hill with maybe some splash damange. Unless they are overwhealming you by alot, you will win. Some annoying, some good, some dumb.

Cliffs
Like above but your advantage is much more since they have to walk all the way around to get you.

Through other ends of trees
Just shoot from the other side of the trees with long range. Then block thier exit with melee units.

Prophet Rush
Push a group of units though no matter what. Destroy thier Temple no matter what. Then just walk your Prophets in and earthquake them to death.

Partisan in the Brush
Stick 1 or two Partisans in the trees with Stand Ground (dont have them all grouped.. too easily killed). Let them pick off thier villies one at a time.

Double Sniper
Have 1 sniper at each end of the enemies town. Put them on no attack until your absolutely ready. Then let em rip. They wont know whats happening.

Prophet Bond
Have a Prophet go solo and sneek into the enemies town. Let some Plaagues rip and run away (dont use Earth quake, since you can tell where it comes from).

Observer Nuke
Put an Observer Over an Area. Have your Tridents nearby. They'll all shoot everything in the Obersevrs sight.

Sub Library
Put up a Library of Alexandria. Have your Tridents in the water. They'll be releasing bombs non stop, anihilating everything of the enemies. Make sure your subs are protected from air and sea though.

Death Knights
Have a Large Mass of Cavalry. Build a Temple of Zeus. Then Plague your Cavalry. Wait until the Plague spreads throughout your group. Then run around the enemies town and let them catch the plague. Make sure you destroy thier temple first. Your plague will never kill you because for all the Hitpoints you lose from Plague, your temple will recover.

Farm Fire
If you have noticed, if you cast Firestorm on a farm, it wont spread. Now, just cast it on the Granery. Volia! It kills all thier farms. Hah!

Up and Over
Mass a Bunch of Crossbows. Build a wall around them when they get into enemey territory. Run some unit and so all thier army chases you. Let your nearly unstopable Crossbows mow em down.

Quick Disposal
Have a large army running after you? Have 2 prophets? Cast a plague first. Wait til it spreads. Then run up and cast Malaria. Bam! Entire army gone.

Add yours here:

Angel AzN | News Editor Lead EH, HeavenGames LLC
"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
HeavenGames Empires Heaven | 3DMark05 Score 3DMark03 Score | WearYELLOW
Replies:
posted 02-24-02 09:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 56  

Quoted from Proud Member of EEPunk:

Death Knights
Have a Large Mass of Cavalry. Build a Temple of Zeus. Then Plague your Cavalry. Wait until the Plague spreads throughout your group. Then run around the enemies town and let them catch the plague. Make sure you destroy thier temple first. Your plague will never kill you because for all the Hitpoints you lose from Plague, your temple will recover.

Fork yeah. Great stuff that! Do you actually recover though?

posted 02-25-02 03:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 56  
Yes, you do recover, i've used this tactic before.

If i call myself a hypocrite does that make me one?
Llama Forever!
FLAME ON!
posted 02-25-02 05:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 56  
You never lose your Plague with that unless you run into a enemey temple and not destroy it. You never lose your hitpoints though (unless attacked) because for every hitpoint you lose from the Plague, the Temple of Zeus will give back. Its mighty funny watching them all run... HAHA!

Also, if you saty by your Hospital, you will lose your plague (once your HP is at 100%, you lose plague). So just stay away from friendly hosiptals and destroy all enemy temples and you will be find. I find it best to hit and run and attack as many different units you can find.

[This message has been edited by Azn (edited 02-25-2002 @ 05:59 PM).]

posted 02-26-02 01:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 56  
Just wanna add something to the Sub Library tactic. If you can find a small lake (water surrounded by land) then build whatever building builds Tridents (can't remember the name now...) in the lake. Then build as many Tridents as you can fit in there. Then build the Library and then you will be impervious to ships attacking your tridents. Only have to watch out for air.
posted 03-16-02 06:50 PM EDT (US)     5 / 56  
Try this:

In NANO, build a Library. Then, wait 'till you know they have a nuke bomber overhead a target building. Teleport a group of hades next to the building, and if the guy doesn't act fast, he'll nuke his own building. This is more effective against a comp.

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
posted 03-16-02 09:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 56  
Tired of the clubman rush? Add the 30% attack bonus to your villagers and when you reach stone pump out some spearman and upgrade them...when the clubmen strike engage them with the spearmen and shoot them with citizen arrows, you'll devastate his clubmen...now counter rush him with the left over spearmen.
posted 03-20-02 07:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 56  
this is a low dirty get cussed at after the game kind of strat. it applies only to modern and above ages and it has to be a water map. small islands are best. this works real good with teams, but u can do it by urself. DM is the best resourse setting for this particular strat but any will do. this stratt will walkthrough how to do this in a DM setting.

first send your villis(i like calling em villis. its a flash bak to aok:]) to build naval yards ,about 4 of em, and docks,about 4 of em also. if u have an ally then tell him to build a large navy and and nothin much else besides that, if u dont u have to build a navy for ur self. in that navy you will wish to have battleships frigates and crusers and mabie a few attack subs. after u make the naval yards then start to make nuculear subs and carriers and a few attack subs. you will wish to have an airport and a few fighters flying around your base and also some AA towers, incase your enemy goes the nuke route.if they go the invade your island route u will wish to have towers and tanks ready, but this is optional. you will wish to be fast enough to lay them under siege before they get a Raiding army to invade your island. once the carriers are built start making planes on them. they stink you say? so what they can see cant they? just start making em. you should upgrade your nuclear sub while they are waiting. the library of alexandria is a good thing to make but it is optinal.
with your allies navy (or your own) protecting your carriers and nuclear subs find a spot next the enemy base that is relitvly close to thier buildings and unload your carriers on thier island. you will wish to keep a steady stream of planes coming on the island. then comence the missle launch. your nuclear subs will start to bombard the enemy with missles . you should try to kill the enemy's docks and navy first so that your subs and carriers do not get killed. once you obliterate the enemy ,or they resign, you just move on to the next person. =D

remember Raiding is the way to go!

Good Luck! and sorry to all who get killed by this

thought of and written by- FieryWarhead know on sierra as Raider.
tested by- Liquid Apocalipse and FieryWarhead.
tested on- great-young-one and some other poor soul.

if u see spelling errors then just laugh at me cuz i cant spell =D.

there hows that?

~\FieryWarhead/~
Comedy is a last resort for Alcoholics.
The FPH_Raider Resistance is futile.
I'm having a bad day. I say this everyday.
l AoMH l RoNH l EEH l
posted 03-20-02 08:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 56  

Quote:

Up and Over
Mass a Bunch of Crossbows. Build a wall around them when they get into enemey territory. Run some unit and so all thier army chases you. Let your nearly unstopable Crossbows mow em down.

Crossbowmen can't fire over walls, try longbowmen.

tHe fReAk

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have." - Wulfhere
"There's too many people in this thread who should have been shot in the face a long time ago." - The Outlaw Torn

[This message has been edited by tHe fReAk (edited 05-06-2002 @ 10:49 PM).]

posted 03-21-02 01:45 AM EDT (US)     9 / 56  
Enemy @ The Gates
- When you see enemy units by your gate take a fast unit and run it out the gate now the enemies units should chase it. When they start to chase it run back into your gate. Be sure to have a small army waiting inside to take out the few units that managed to get in.
posted 03-23-02 01:41 AM EDT (US)     10 / 56  
annoyance - just put a lot of military units on explore and see how annoyed your opponents get(i'm not kidding i've seen this done)

Anarchy_Balsac(owner of Anarchy clan in ee)
posted 03-23-02 04:52 AM EDT (US)     11 / 56  
Renewing your army: If you want to get rid of those pesky swords when guns are available simply set them on explore or put them in a fortress. Then pump out your good ole gunz.

Diversionary Tactics: Have you seen the army of your enemy standing around aimlessly? Get 2 or 3 fast horses to run in front of them and watch the first few lines of units go forward, then with his forces split up masacre the remains. Easy as pie.

posted 03-30-02 07:46 AM EDT (US)     12 / 56  
Sweet I like that death Knights thing that would rock!

Great idea AZN

posted 04-04-02 06:46 PM EDT (US)     13 / 56  
Persian Snipers
If you upgrade your Persian Cavalry with full attack and range then stand on a hill, you will kill all their villagers with about 2 hits, sometimes 1 depending on what epoch your in (Dark is 1 hit I believe). If the game started from Prehistory, and they didnt upgrade any LOS techs, then your arrows would be comming out of the fog (as long as you DID upgrade)!

Helicopter/Gun Cav Hit 'n Run
One of the most annoying tactics is to just use some unit with range, go behind thier town and start unloading on thier citizen. Then, when you see reinforcements comming (good idea to have a balloon), hitale it out. Best with Helicopters since citizens are pretty weak in the later epoches.

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
posted 04-04-02 11:48 PM EDT (US)     14 / 56  
helicopter rush

on island maps build a bunch of helicopters real fast on go for the aa and cits(helicopters do okay versus aa towers)

then take out the rest

not sure how effective this is in multiplayer but it can kill even a hard computer when playing the AI

posted 04-05-02 01:52 PM EDT (US)     15 / 56  
Esp. good in the Mediterranean map, or any large body of water -- build 30 attack subs, plus surface ships/cruisers to protect them. You'll tear through any naval force of any size in minutes
posted 04-05-02 10:29 PM EDT (US)     16 / 56  
Prophet Strike Team(Only works on areas that have choke points)

Make four prophets and find the enemy army. Send them as close to the choke point as possible. Plague with one of them and give them malaria with two. Run behind the choke point. If you're chased, start a volcano. Laugh as they struggle in vain to get around the volcano and kill your prophets before disease and mice kill their men. Send your army to their base and use the volcano phrophet who should be recharged to start an earthquake at their farms, cripping their economy and stopping infantry or cavalry renforcements from being made.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin

[This message has been edited by Ace_Cataphract (edited 04-05-2002 @ 10:39 PM).]

posted 04-05-02 11:06 PM EDT (US)     17 / 56  
Yeah the helicopter rush works I've done it...but in order to pull it off effectively you should use all the helicopter bonuses in your custom civ (they are cheap.

If you are going to take out stationary AA use gunships they are much more effective and quicker then anti-tank helicopters, also 15 gunship helicopters can handle more than a few mobile AA too.

beware though the helicopter's major weakness is fighters which will rip through you like butter.

posted 04-11-02 11:24 AM EDT (US)     18 / 56  
What kind of air units can attack tridents?

|Stendecca|
|AoK Counter Units|
|Proud Member of the Tonto Clan|
posted 04-11-02 05:45 PM EDT (US)     19 / 56  
None except eagles I think.. but I'm not too sure.

posted 04-11-02 10:02 PM EDT (US)     20 / 56  
I just discovered the hard way that sea kings can take out subs.

|Stendecca|
|AoK Counter Units|
|Proud Member of the Tonto Clan|
posted 04-12-02 05:55 PM EDT (US)     21 / 56  
Whoops... lol
I read your question as: "What can tridents attack "
posted 04-12-02 08:00 PM EDT (US)     22 / 56  
lol

~\FieryWarhead/~
Comedy is a last resort for Alcoholics.
The FPH_Raider Resistance is futile.
I'm having a bad day. I say this everyday.
l AoMH l RoNH l EEH l
posted 04-13-02 02:30 AM EDT (US)     23 / 56  
no f-15s(eagles) can't harm subs, but they CAN harm cruisers(invain though)

and also, helicopters can't win against cruisers like they can other AA

cruisers are the ultimate AA, i just love them

in fact, with cruisers i don't know why anyone uses sea kings(more subs or massed frigates work better)

posted 04-13-02 07:54 AM EDT (US)     24 / 56  
Dude, he meant eagles! Not f-15s, hehe. Eagles, the animal that flies. hehe. why are you all confused, dumbies
posted 04-13-02 07:34 PM EDT (US)     25 / 56  
One of the best ways to take out enemy armies before they can reach you is with artillery. From imperial-nano you can use artillery to pound enemies from long ranges. Just use long los units to protect the artillery and allow them to use their long range. They can also work like nuke subs (well, the range is a lot smaller but its still really big) to destroy enemy buildings while safely behind an army / wall thats far away. Combining your army's attack with the artillery will make enemies fall before they can even reach you. This works best in industrial when bombards have the shortest parabolic arc and your ranged units have better upgrades than imperial. This strategy works! I've desamated armies in the industrial & nano ages using it.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Strategy Forum » Tactics Database - Post Your's Here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames