You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

EE2 Modding Forum
Moderated by Soty

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Modding Empire Earth II or Rise of Nations?
posted 01-14-13 05:08 PM EDT (US)   
Hi,

I'd like to hear some opinions if it would be better to mod Empire Earth II or Rise of Nations!

I also have a few questions regarding modding Empire Earth II:
- Is it possible to import new 3D-models, sounds, textures, effects or even animations? In Rise of Nations you need to have 3ds-max to import 3D-models. Is this also necessary in Empire Earth II?

- If one can create new models, textures etc.: Is it possible to use them in the scenario editor?

- Is it possible to mod all different aspects (e.g. life, damage, speed, abilities etc.) of units, structures and the like? If yes: Is it also possible to use them in the scenario editor?

- I heard that the scripting in Empire Earth II is problematic. What are the exact issues with scripting in EE2?

- In Rise of Nations there seems to be a hardcoded unit-limit of about 1000-2000 which you can't increase. What's the limit in EE2?

Kind regards
Replies:
posted 02-26-13 06:41 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1  
mod Empire Earth II or Rise of Nations!
I would choose the Empire Earth II for modding.
Although the original game Rise of Nations did very well.
- Is it possible to import new 3D-models - Yes
import new sounds - Yes
import new textures - Yes
import new effects - partly
import new animations - Yes. But it's hard.

3ds-max to import 3D-models - No. Enough programs NifScope. So you can add a building, aircraft, ship, tank. 3ds-max is necessary if you want to edit the people and animals.

Is it possible to use them in the scenario editor? - Yes. They can be used for 100% of their computer AI can build and use in battle in the campaign or in multiplayer scenarios.

- Is it possible to mod all different aspects (eg life, damage, speed, abilities etc.) Of units, structures and the like? - Yes.
If yes: Is it also possible to use them in the scenario editor? - Yes.

- I heard that the scripting in Empire Earth II is problematic. There is a problem - you need to study the scripts, it is difficult. There are tutorials - they help in this. However, I think if you want to - this month will learn to make full scenario - for this is all the instructions in English (instructions from developers EE2)

What's the limit in EE2? - This is no limit to EE2. But there is another problem with 3000 units, even the most powerful computer can not work with fps> 0. The problem is an outdated Gamebryo

If you are interested in fashion for EE2 email me rgv1 @list.ru (no space)
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE2 Modding Forum » Modding Empire Earth II or Rise of Nations?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames