Topic Subject:Modding Empire Earth II or Rise of Nations?
posted 01-14-13 05:08 PM EDT (US)
I'd like to hear some opinions if it would be better to mod Empire Earth II or Rise of Nations!
I also have a few questions regarding modding Empire Earth II: - Is it possible to import new 3D-models, sounds, textures, effects or even animations? In Rise of Nations you need to have 3ds-max to import 3D-models. Is this also necessary in Empire Earth II?
- If one can create new models, textures etc.: Is it possible to use them in the scenario editor?
- Is it possible to mod all different aspects (e.g. life, damage, speed, abilities etc.) of units, structures and the like? If yes: Is it also possible to use them in the scenario editor?
- I heard that the scripting in Empire Earth II is problematic. What are the exact issues with scripting in EE2?
- In Rise of Nations there seems to be a hardcoded unit-limit of about 1000-2000 which you can't increase. What's the limit in EE2?
posted 02-26-13 06:41 AM
1 / 1
mod Empire Earth II or Rise of Nations! I would choose the Empire Earth II for modding. Although the original game Rise of Nations did very well. - Is it possible to import new 3D-models - Yes import new sounds - Yes import new textures - Yes import new effects - partly import new animations - Yes. But it's hard.
3ds-max to import 3D-models - No. Enough programs NifScope. So you can add a building, aircraft, ship, tank. 3ds-max is necessary if you want to edit the people and animals.
Is it possible to use them in the scenario editor? - Yes. They can be used for 100% of their computer AI can build and use in battle in the campaign or in multiplayer scenarios.
- Is it possible to mod all different aspects (eg life, damage, speed, abilities etc.) Of units, structures and the like? - Yes. If yes: Is it also possible to use them in the scenario editor? - Yes.
- I heard that the scripting in Empire Earth II is problematic. There is a problem - you need to study the scripts, it is difficult. There are tutorials - they help in this. However, I think if you want to - this month will learn to make full scenario - for this is all the instructions in English (instructions from developers EE2)
What's the limit in EE2? - This is no limit to EE2. But there is another problem with 3000 units, even the most powerful computer can not work with fps> 0. The problem is an outdated Gamebryo
If you are interested in fashion for EE2 email me rgv1 @list.ru (no space)