Please login or register

EE2 Modding Forum
Moderated by Soty

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: lag mod?
posted 10-09-05 04:04 PM EDT (US)   
has anyone tried to mod the game to reduce lag?
Replies:
posted 10-09-05 05:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9  
is this possible?
posted 10-09-05 09:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9  
lol, no thats all interal game engine stuff... no simple mod will fix that

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 10-11-05 06:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9  
    LOL, I was seeing if anyone esle tried it. I have already found a way to reduce lag by uncompressing your zip files:

1)go here c:/program files/seirra/empire earth 2/zips
    (NOTE: it may vary between machines if you choose a diffferent path during installin)

2)one by one uncompress the zip folders (only folders in there) by right clicking, and selecting extact all...
    (NOTE: this is the recommended way but this will take a while to uncompress)MAKE SURE BOTH THE NEW AND THE OLD FOLDERS HAVE THE SAME NAME.

3)leave both the old compress folders, and the new uncompressed folders, and the game should pick up the new folders instead. RESTART YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE LOADING THE GAME.

(I tested this, it reduces lag, and I made sure that the new folders were being used by deleteing the new folders during gameplay and the game would not work till I replaced the folders.)
    AS ALWAY MODS TO THE GAME ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK, BUT IF FOR SOME REASON SOMETHING DOES GO WRONG YOU CAN ALWAYS REINSTALL THE GAME.

posted 10-11-05 08:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9  
    That wont decrease lag When the game reloads it will rezip them in its memory and than just get them the normal way.... ur less lag was caused by something else

• posted 10-15-05 03:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9  
    LOL

Well it worked for me. I use to play on medium, and sometimes still had lag (I have a 256MB video card, and 768MB of ram). NOW! I play on highest vidoe settings sometimes in SP with 6 computers.

If you don't believe me try opening the zipped folders (open my computer and goto the folder). It takes a while to open it didn't it? also I have my paging file set between 1GB to 2GB.
    TIP: don't record the game and have PIP on at the same time.

posted 10-16-05 04:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9  
    dont worry, i know what im saying

• posted 10-17-05 11:03 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9  
    and I know what I am doing
    LOL
    posted 12-11-14 04:06 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9  
    Hi MRauron,
    Did you mean modifying the gaming lag?
    yes means,I modified(changed my lag)from high to low by the following steps.
    1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
    2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
    3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
    4.Use any software like Game Booster
    5.Move closer to server
    Finally i checked my gaming lag whether it's reduced or not by http://www.whoisxy.com/ping.aspx I got good results.
    posted 05-08-19 07:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9  
    Please do not try MRauron's solution unless you have a full backup of your game folder.

Those files are supposed to be in .zip archives. If you unpack them, you will experience Unhandled Exception crashes, for example when trying to enter the LAN/Multiplayer mode.

I'm writing this post, because people are still finding this topic, unpacking archives and reporting problems on the Support Chat in Unofficial Patch 1.5 Launcher.
    Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE2 Modding Forum » lag mod?
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames