Please login or register

EE2 Modding Forum
Moderated by Soty

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How to Install/Uninstall
posted 05-11-05 08:28 PM EDT (US)   
Well we are looking into making an autoinstaller but until then here is how you install it.

First things first we want to make up the normal game. Goto C:\Program Files\Sierra\Empire Earth II. There you should see a folder called zips. Right click on this and push copy. Minimize to you desktop and than right click and paste. This is just there if anything messes up.

Now download the patch and place it in the C:\Program Files\Sierra\Empire Earth II folder. Once it is there you will than want to extract it to the same folder. Now you should have a file called db.zip (which you can delete) and a folder called db. Leave the db there and the mod should now run.

If you want to uninstall the mod just delete that folder called db. If when you delete that folder you continue to get problems just delete the folder called zips and copy and paste the zips folder you backed up on to your desktop back into the C:\Program Files\Sierra\Empire Earth II folder.

While this shouldn't happen should you fail to be able to run the game still than just reinstall it.

Thanx, Mokon

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • Replies:
    posted 07-05-05 03:24 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
    I keep getting an "unhandled exception error when I try to run with the mod, did I go wrong somewhere installing it? I copyed the db.zip folder, extracted that new one, but I keep getting errors.
    posted 07-05-05 05:06 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
    Ok, I got it working, I messed up the instructions. One thing I have noticed is that some other people don't seem to know that you shut down a program before you mod it. Make sure you do this with the game shut down or it will not work.
    posted 07-05-05 07:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
    u can do it either way acturely

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 07-06-05 03:59 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
    Ok ive downloaded mod pack db_0003, and i dont understand your instructions how to install this modpack. When i go to program files then to the EE2 folder, what do u do from there. (Do not understand your instructions).
    posted 08-13-05 03:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
    i need help wit da mod
    posted 08-17-05 09:32 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
    I nead help with oficial ladder mod.
    Firstly i copied zip foldier. then from zip folder i extracted db.zip file, and apiered db folder, which i putted into "Empire Earth II" folder, then I downloded
    db_002.zip and extracted into "db" folder.
    I dont konw why it doesn't work? All ladder players and other are gray mode.
    Maybe someone who nows how to do this, can post instructions with screenshoot pictures? step by step.
    posted 08-18-05 02:33 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
    Can someone tell me the newest mod that is out
    posted 08-18-05 06:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
    www.heavengames.com> all downloads > offical mod (db.002) or something
    posted 03-19-06 01:59 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
    Im trying to install the Portuguese Civilization mod but when i do and i start the game there is no text anywhere and if i manage to start a game without reading anything it crashes.
    posted 01-30-07 09:18 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
    does that mean when I install a mod, I can't run in normal mode?
    posted 02-05-07 02:46 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
    There are like no mods for this game... where the modders?
    posted 06-04-07 08:09 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
    when i open c program files sierra ee2 i sont see a zips folder how do i get it?
    Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE2 Modding Forum » How to Install/Uninstall
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames