You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

EE Scenario Design & Modding
Moderated by Soty

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Day/Night Cycle Time........
posted 07-31-02 09:54 PM EDT (US)   
I have been learning triggers by trial and method. The Day/Night Cycle time has me a bit stumped though. I can get it to work, but it seems to want to run on the 24 hr clock.
Meaning that daylight would be during normal daylight hrs and night would be during normal night time hrs. What I was wondering is there a way to make Day/Night cycle say every 15 mins ? And, under Effects for Day/Night Cycle time it allows you to input a number of seconds, is this the transition time from say Day to Night ? Not quite sure what the seconds are suppose to do. Thks in advance for any help. Broxton
Replies:
posted 08-01-02 12:55 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9  
Nope...any number other than 0 put there only turns the cycle on. I wish you could change the length of the cycle, but ya can't.
posted 08-01-02 01:00 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9  
Our original intent was to implement it in the way you describe, so that users could customize the length of the day. However, our time for Editor work ran out!

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Goo Goo G'Joob!

* Speak to the designers! www.empireearth.com *

* Learn more about us! Stainless Steel Studios *

posted 08-01-02 01:55 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9  
We know, Eggman...we know...*Pats Eggman on the back*

Publisher's happen....

posted 08-01-02 04:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9  
In this case, I wouldn't point any fingers. I don't like half-finished work, but this isn't exactly a feature I would have asked Sierra to delay shipping over. Regardless of the amount of time you spend working on a project, sooner or later you'll have something you just couldn't get around to fitting in.

Goo Goo G'Joob!

* Speak to the designers! www.empireearth.com *

* Learn more about us! Stainless Steel Studios *

posted 08-01-02 04:16 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9  
ROFL!!!!

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 08-01-02 10:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9  
After creating this post, I decided to go to the editor and play around with the Day/Night transition some more. What I found is by setting the Initial Day Time to 4pm, the Day/Night Cycle Cycle Time to 10 secs and setting delays at 10 secs, I was able to create the effect I was looking for. Testing in the editor, time 0 F11, was early dusk. By time 5:37 F11 I had the rooster crowing and by time 10:34, wolves howling. So, in a span of 10:34 F11 I was able to cycle through a 24 hr Day/Night Cycle.

Thks for the responses, I still have much to learn. Broxton

posted 08-02-02 03:35 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9  
A bit late maybe, but for an entire 24 hour period to happen in 15 minutes you can advance the hour by one every 96 seconds.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

AoEH | EEH | RoNH | IndividualsCAN

posted 08-02-02 01:33 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9  
To get the feeling of an actual prolonged day, however, I find that changing the hour every 200 - 500 seconds or so so that the final hour has a delay of 9999, thus making a long day. Then, make the "Conditions true for = 9999" and select looping.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 03-21-23 12:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9  
Well, I guess it have been a long time and some of you may not be around anymore.
But, still, I want to say you can easily do the day/night time. by set effect -> day/night time, in the box seconds, set number that u want (Not so sure how it work), then get to the trigger and set condi is always true, set delay about 10 (I think you guys can change the number of delay too, not try that yet).Choose looping too.
After that, go to play scn and test. It take about 5 minutes or liltte more to complete a day/night circle.
.If there are any body out there still care about this, pls reply this reply.
.I know, it is a very very long 20 years. But the games still good.
.Ngao.
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Scenario Design & Modding » Day/Night Cycle Time........
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames