EE Scenario Design & Modding
Moderated by Soty

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Empire Earth - DB Editor
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
posted 01-24-16 10:33 AM EDT (US)   
Hi everybody, I'm developing a new editor for Empire Earth, which is meant to replace the good old EE Unit Editors 1 & 2.

Downloads:
Empire Earth - DB Editor v2.1
The editor is in the zip file, and works by running the file with extension "jar". You need Java 11 to run it (don't worry, the installation is very quick and easy)

Source:
GitHub

This new editor support many DB (and can support more), allow you to edit all values (even the currently unknown ones) and provide some tools to unveil these values:
- Search all entries with the same value
- Search all values used for this field

One special note is for dbtechtree, which has a different structure than all other DB: while all db have a single "entries counter" at the beginning, the dbtechtree has multiple counters, one for each epoch. The editor will be able to handle this special case and also give you a quick way to move entries between epochs (which basically alter their starting epoch).

The program is absolutely free and open source.

I tried to give the program an UI which resemble the Empire Earth launcher. Let's see some screens:

WHAT IS DONE, IS DONE

[This message has been edited by Forlins (edited 03-15-2019 @ 02:45 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-04-18 01:49 AM EDT (US)     151 / 171  
Hey Forlins!I have already downloaded version 1.6. But in this version, "dbcpbehavier.dat" don't show any message codes yet. Please check this problem, thank very much!
posted 07-27-18 04:32 PM EDT (US)     152 / 171  
Hey everyone i have fond out how to change the fire sound of a unit. Step one: add an entry in the dbsound part.
Step two: go to the dbgraphics on the unti you wish to change the fire sound.
Step three: go to enrty 80 and change it.
posted 08-15-18 10:35 AM EDT (US)     153 / 171  
Probably beating a dead horse at this point, but this is extremely impressive. Starred your repo on GitHub.

EE forever
posted 11-13-18 03:18 AM EDT (US)     154 / 171  
Is it possible to make the A-10 and the typhoon atakking buildings?
posted 11-13-18 01:34 PM EDT (US)     155 / 171  
Yes, but it would be then like those fighter/bombers like ME109 or ME262
He is like special unit, designed to have extreme damage against tanks, if you change his stats, he would behave like figher/bomber aircraft as I said above...
posted 11-14-18 03:45 AM EDT (US)     156 / 171  
and how i do that ?
posted 11-14-18 10:57 AM EDT (US)     157 / 171  
Open the "dbobjects.dat" using DB Editor and find Typhoon, then find entry - "32 (4) Family attack type" and change it to 41. Repeat the same thing for A-10.
Now your Typhoon and A-10 will attack land and air units, but also you must increase attack of these two aircrafts
posted 11-14-18 01:24 PM EDT (US)     158 / 171  
About the A-10, i believe you can also open the "dbfamily", go to "(3) building" then change the value "0" under "33 (4) AT aircraft". If it is 0, buildings can't be attacked by that type of unit; if it is 100, buildings receive 100% damage from that type of unit. This applies for all other values and families.

That's what i did at least
posted 11-21-18 10:42 AM EDT (US)     159 / 171  
In case someone still reads
Is there a way to edit dbcivpowers? No change to the techs linked to the powers seems to work, and hexing is impossible too. I think this is the only way to make different civs but actually i have no idea how to solve that
posted 02-28-19 05:16 PM EDT (US)     160 / 171  
It's been a long time, but here we go a new little update!

v1.7 has been released with few internal changes and some simplifications.
For now, the 'visible' features are limited (just an improved searchbox for all popups so you only need to type and the list of entries will be filtered in real time), but I'm here again to give support and eventually add new features!

WHAT IS DONE, IS DONE
posted 03-09-19 03:23 PM EDT (US)     161 / 171  
Another new release! Check the info!

WHAT IS DONE, IS DONE
posted 03-15-19 02:45 PM EDT (US)     162 / 171  
New version released: v2.1

WHAT IS DONE, IS DONE
posted 03-23-19 12:22 PM EDT (US)     163 / 171  
Just want to say thank you for the new updates, Forlins!

My Profile in Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Two Flags: Battle for Africa ||Jun 2023
My Profile in Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
AOK Designer of the Year 2012
Core Team Member & Site Co-Administrator,Empire Creations
posted 06-07-19 07:19 AM EDT (US)     164 / 171  
You may color me stupid and call me silly, but I am sadly missing the instructions on how to make changes take effect in the game.

I can load the dat files into this db-editor, even make desired changes and save those changes back to the file. The file is now changed. Now what?
What am I supposed to do with the modified .dat file?

Sorry if this is obvious to some of you or I blatantly missed it, but as far as I can tell the OP does not explain this final step, there is no mention of any of this in the readme, there are no explanations on the git (also no "issues"). Even the modding tutorial only briefly mentions "Once the file is saved into the game" as the only instruction for how to get a ~texture~ into the game, and I'm trying to get a .dat file into the game.

I would be happy if any of you proved me wrong or enlightened me with your wisdom. Thanks!
posted 01-09-20 10:55 AM EDT (US)     165 / 171  
Hello Forlins, I have a question.
I have managed to mod the Upgradetechnologies in the buildings (buildtime). I want to know if it is possible to mod the buildtime for the Unitupgrades (HP,Atk etc...) and if how.
posted 01-09-20 03:04 PM EDT (US)     166 / 171  
Hey Costel 341!

Sadly, Forlins seems to be inactive for year and half, come join us here, maybe we can help you since we mod db files too

https://github.com/EE-modders/Empire-Earth-reborn

- use a Discord link there
posted 05-11-21 05:26 AM EDT (US)     167 / 171  
I can open using editor v1.7 but can't for the newer versions.
I am using windows 10 64-bit.

[This message has been edited by sim888 (edited 05-16-2021 @ 04:58 AM).]

posted 05-11-21 05:33 AM EDT (US)     168 / 171  
Hey, to open the editor you need to have latest version of Java installed.

EMPIRE EARTH: REBORN
Discord link: https://discord.gg/BjUXbFB
GitHub page: https://github.com/EE-modders
Email: philjohncolt45@gmail.com
posted 07-21-21 00:06 AM EDT (US)     169 / 171  
Is it possible to insert entries? I deleted one and now my game crashes because all other entry IDs went 1 number upwards... Very badly done in this editor...
posted 08-21-21 02:56 PM EDT (US)     170 / 171  
Hello there. I'd like to make a mod that would bring many of the campaign-only and editor-only units and buildings to single games, such as the Hover Tank and the Radar Center, as well as change some of them (for instance, Dune Patrol could attack both land and air units and the Eiffel Tower would be a wonder that provides morale to all aircrafts), add new technologies if it's possible (and I have a lot of futuristic technologies in my mind to add), and even duplicate the in-game spaceships to create something I would call "Atmospheric Spaceships".

Philla007 pointed me to DB Editor, so I gave it a try. And I'd need some help. I have an old mod called Empire Earth the art of conquest extra units made by Caesar14. This mod adds new stuff by picking campaign-only and editor-only units and buildings and bringing them to single-player games. When I have this mod and its files in my Data/db folder, I can play with the DB Editor (by the way, Forlins has made a great job with this tool) and even have some fun with it by fixing mini bugs (Missile Trooper could walk in Space for some reason, so I fixed it) and bringing even more stuff to the game, such as the Shock Trooper and the Advanced Mining Unit. I even brought the Radar Center to the game and increased its sight radius to act like a real radar. But here is my problem. By removing the mod I have nothing to play with, because the DB Editor can't find any .dat file to open. So how can I mod the game without any .dat file to mod? Am I missing something?
I have some ideas to put into practice and any help will be welcomed

WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!
posted 07-28-23 04:31 AM EDT (US)     171 / 171  
Is there a mod for the Zeus to Zeus II upgrade ingame, link posted in this post:
https://ee.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=3&tn=38362&st=24#post25

i've tried enable it how said before, but dont work for me.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Scenario Design & Modding » Empire Earth - DB Editor
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames