You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

EE Scenario Design & Modding
Moderated by Soty

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Investigation up 8 to 16 player, is posible!, New news Darkonen friend: D
posted 10-30-13 07:50 PM EDT (US)   
Good evening fans Empire earth!,

I've taken a little time and I created a tutorial of what I have researched on how to gain 8-16 players on the number of players of Empire Earth, will soon be available in the EE - Miscellaneous Files from this page: D, also the colgé also update the page whenever AoW mod is:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/empire-earth-the-art-of-war

Read it when you say that I can and what I saw do you think it is still possible to put up to 32 players in the game, but I would put 16 because the game is what I think will hold up to perfection.

[This message has been edited by Darkonen (edited 10-30-2013 @ 07:51 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-31-13 08:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
SOTY, this requires a sticky!

Darkonen, you beat me and everybody else to it. You beat us to finding out a "step 1" of sorts to getting more human players in a game. Now I have one question though:

If this does work, if we get 16, and later more than 16 players, how would this work in places like "Alliances & Tributes" or the scenario editor "Players" tab? The "Player" tab can only hold up to what looks to be 20 or so players, where as the "Alliances & Tributes" only up to 16 last time I checked.

How would we fix this so we can, in the future, get 32 or more players, or are we still figuring this out?

[This message has been edited by BOOST15673 (edited 10-31-2013 @ 08:25 AM).]

posted 11-01-13 11:34 AM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
Hello again,

From what I saw in the EE-AOC.exe meant to put 16 would be easy finding the data to edit, what to put 32 and I see it more complicated if possible but over 32 I think you can not do because they do not fit in the menus would have to create a bar like windows menus haha.
posted 11-01-13 02:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
I was thinking like in the Civ Building menu, this scroll bar thingy. That would be perfect for more than 32 players I would think!

[This message has been edited by BOOST15673 (edited 11-01-2013 @ 02:57 PM).]

posted 11-10-13 11:43 AM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
Wow this is indeed very interesting!

Imagine we could do 5v5 or 6v6 battles on NeoEE servers, a completely new dimension.
Hm... are the hex addresses of the values inside the binary already found?
posted 11-11-13 06:20 AM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
Imagine a 16 player free for all with the population mod. A few players would probably get knocked out quickly but it'd be epic, and allow for some genuine alliances and diplomacy to take players out and divide up the map.

What population can the game support and still be reasonably stable, around 5-6k?
posted 11-11-13 12:13 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
The only thing I'm worried about here is map size. 16 players on a gigantic map and your basically on top of each other.

Also isn't it already possible to do 16 player, with a premade multiplayer template?

The whole sea was ours, and, with all the gates of the horizon open, real peace and freedom were wafted down from the firmament itself. It was as though the fresh salt tang in the air, and all the blue purity that surrounded us had washed and cleansed both body and soul.

[This message has been edited by pope4U (edited 11-11-2013 @ 12:17 PM).]

posted 11-11-13 01:01 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
No it's not. 16 players can be done anytime in scenarios, like you said, via templates. BUT, you can't add human players unless you do a template, but since 8 is the max online, you can only have 8 extra players that are AIs, never humans at the moment.
posted 11-11-13 01:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
Wasn't positives haven't played the game in a long time. But like I said only problem I see is map size.

The whole sea was ours, and, with all the gates of the horizon open, real peace and freedom were wafted down from the firmament itself. It was as though the fresh salt tang in the air, and all the blue purity that surrounded us had washed and cleansed both body and soul.
posted 11-11-13 01:27 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
Na, I don't think that's a problem. Huge or Gigantic map would be sufficient.

What I am searching for ages now is that value Darkonen told of. While using CheatEngine, I can find a memory address that keeps track of the amount of open player slots. Adding the 9th one will be ignored by EE, if I manually change the address value it will have no real effect.
posted 11-13-13 04:13 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16  
This sounds like it's hardcoded, could it be that we require the source code for this, or am I just talking nonsense?
posted 04-07-15 01:37 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
Just out of curiosity, can we do this in single player? I know we can in scenarios, but I mean random map games. The limit is also 8. If we can do it in the scenarios, why not random map games? I would imagine that it's easier to do this in single player right?

Try out my realism mod! An attempt to make EE AOC 100% realistic in every way! Been working on it since September 2011, presumed time frame of completion = 2020 - 2030:
http://ee.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3072
posted 01-16-16 08:41 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16  
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any progress has been made? I know you can do 16 players within Scenario Editor for computer players. The max amount of human players is 8.

Even if we managed to get 10 human players in a game, that would be a great leap.

I look forward to seeing if anyone has found out anything.
posted 01-17-17 11:45 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16  
I just tried your idea out. I also tried skipping option 9 and putting option 10 but same issue. In the code there must be a setting which disables the choose colour option for computers and other players.
posted 04-03-17 05:55 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
If you enjoy epochs like Medieval, Gunpowder, WW1, WW2, then Empires: Dawn of the Modern World may be an alternative to Empire Earth. I believe you can make a Multiplayer Scenario with 16 players. Using that game, you can go straight into Scenario Editor, go into settings, change game type to Scenario which players can easily join. Unlike Empire Earth where every player must first join a game for the host to save, then edit in Scenario Editor. This makes editing much easier. The only problem is that if you have 16 players in Empires: Dawn of the Modern World, on diplomacy menu, the players are off the screen. The screen doesn't have a scroll bar.
posted 06-01-17 08:54 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
I think it is still possible to put up to 32 players in the game.

[This message has been edited by Sceolme5 (edited 09-12-2017 @ 07:25 AM).]

posted 11-04-23 09:08 AM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
Any new updates regarding 16 players? All human.
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Scenario Design & Modding » Investigation up 8 to 16 player, is posible!, New news Darkonen friend: D
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames