Please login or register

Empire Earth 3 General Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: BIOS Settings
posted 03-16-09 08:42 PM EDT (US)   
I recently put in a new cpu on my computer and I wanted to check my BIOS settings to make sure they hadn't been changed. To be on the safe side I tried to look up the recommended BIOS settings for Empire Earth 3. Unfortunately, it seems that I cant get to or Sierra's forums are down, as I was going to look there for them. I was wondering if anyone knew what the recommended settings were.

I currently have an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor, XP Home, and an Asus K8V-MX motherboard.

Thanks,
android513
Replies:
posted 03-16-09 09:08 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
How much RAM and what graphics card do you have?

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 03-16-09 10:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
There's no such thing as special BIOS settings for any particular game or app. Usually there is a "Performance" section that sets most settings for Performance, and/or an "Optimize" setting, these settings are ones that will work most of the time, with some performance loss.

The Sierra forums are gone.......forever. This is due to the merger last year with Blizzard and Activision. Some of the Sierra games will migrate to the new Activision/Blizzard forums. No Empire Earth game will be there however.

This link will take you too the new forum page that lets you know that they, the forums, are still under construction. http://forums.vgames.com/

Phil
posted 03-16-09 11:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
Philthy is right. I was about to run out the door when I posted so I didn't have time to explain it; I was going to do it next post.

Anyways, what you're talking about are your system specs and while these are good to know, especially if you're buying a new game that you aren't sure if the system can run, they have nothing to do with your BIOS. If your computer boots properly, then your BIOS shouldn't cause any problems.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Empire Earth 3 General Discussions » BIOS Settings
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames