Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: installation error
posted 04-07-08 00:22 AM EDT (US)   
hello.
i just bought a copy of EE3. from ebay.
i can not get it to properly install.
when you install it. it says click "next". i do this and then it tells me i am missing a file.
did i get a defective copy . or is there a problem with my system. i tried the ee3 demo. so i think my system meets the specs. did i get a bogus copy off of ebay or what. shoudl i keep trying to get this game or shoudl i go back to playing an earlier version?
thanks.
Y.
Replies:
posted 04-07-08 00:34 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
First off, what are your system specs? And, probably most importantly, how much free space does your hard drive have and what is its maximum capacity?

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 04-07-08 02:23 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
gosh. you konw im really not sure. i got the computer in jan 2004 and it was top of the line from dell.
i am sure i have plenty of space in my hard drive. i barely am using any. i have filled up my RAM. and the processor is fast (althought i dont know how fast).
it fails at the beginning of installation. dont konw why.,
thanks.
is this a good game?

edit-
the error im getting is one that says LastDllError 1407, Description cannot find windows class.

it does that immediately when i launch. thanks.

[This message has been edited by yaakov (edited 04-07-2008 @ 03:05 AM).]

posted 04-07-08 10:07 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
Trusty google found the fix for the same error applied to a game called World in Conflict, and this was their fix that you should try.
Copy all DVD contents of the game into a folder on your hard drive and run the installation from that location (if you receive and overwrite prompt select Yes to all). See below for instructions:

-Quit all programs that are running.
-Right-click in empty are on the desktop then point to New, and then click Folder.
-Name the folder, and then press ENTER.
-Double-click on the folder that you just created.
-From the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
-Click the View tab. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.
-Insert game DVD into your drive. Hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard to prevent the program from starting automatically.
-Open My Computer, then right Click on game icon and left click on Open.
-Go to Edit menu at the top and click on Select All.
-Now go to Edit again and click on Copy.
-Next step is to open the folder you created on the desktop, go to Edit menu, and then click Paste.
-This will copy the contents of the disc into the folder.

Please be patent since this may take some time. After all game contents been copied into the folder, double-click Setup.exe and then follow the on-screen instructions to install your game. Note that you'll need about 8 GB plus free space on the hard drive to apply this option.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 04-08-08 01:15 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
well, i got the game installed. the way you suggested. however now when i go to start the game , it says " this applicantion has failed to start becuase PhysXLoader.dll was not found. reinstalling the application may fix this problem".
any other suggestions?
posted 04-08-08 01:33 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
Exactly as the error suggested. Try uninstalling the game and re-installing, using the steps above on the reinstall.

posted 04-08-08 02:18 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
ok . i did a google for that file. got it. and the game plays.
that said. i am so far very disapointed in EE3. only 5 epochs? i was hoping for stone age battles again. i reordered EE1 from ebay. i am hoping it comes soon. thats the EE that i miss. this new one just doesnt do much for me. and i dont like the way resources are managed. it takes away from strategy. its really no fun. you just make military and run around. well, thats it for me. ill see you at EE1.

[This message has been edited by yaakov (edited 04-08-2008 @ 03:06 AM).]

Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Empire Earth 3 General Discussions » installation error
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames