Please login or register

Empire Earth 3 General Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Is the game worth it ?
posted 12-03-07 10:13 AM EDT (US)   
Ive seen the game at the store today I was wondering if I could get some feed back from those who bought it and play online ? (numbers of people online, bugs, etc)
Replies:
posted 12-03-07 12:26 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
I have personally never played it, but it would sound like a no. It would depend on whether you were an EE1 or 2 fan (or even a previous fan at all), but then again most RTS's nowadays suck so if you are used to playing them often this would probably be okay, aside from the bugs and the pretty much pointless patches.

EE forever
posted 12-03-07 04:46 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
Well to be honest, I really liked EE1, even had the opportunity to play in some of the tourneys there, but Im wondering what will be better, the new AOE 3 add on or EE3 ?
posted 12-03-07 05:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
It seems to me that EE3 is a love or hate type of game. There have been loads of people on these forums complaining that Mad Doc has ruined the game. Alternatively, many people have said that they loved the game and that they are glad they bought it.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 12-03-07 07:47 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
Well being part of the strike team that helped balance the game (EE1) in the first place, I gotta say that I hate what Maddoc did to the first expansion, it was so ugly I would have paid not to get it. It just kills me to pay 50 euros to try something that I might put on a shell after 1 hour and leave there for 10 years.
posted 12-04-07 00:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
Gameplay: Very simplifyed, not many upgrades, not many units to choose from per epoc.

Grapic: Bland

Unit Design: Mix from different epocs

Sound: Very annoying unit responses
posted 12-09-07 02:28 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
If you have a good computer, its worth it. I have a sucky graphics card, and I have to turn it down to low (at least until christmas), but it still plays great. I've only played skirmish in futuristic, but man, are the explosions really cool (and this is on low!)
One bad thing about playing lowest is that the shadows look like giant pixels, though XD
posted 12-19-07 00:53 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
I bought the game (twice, for me and for my son), and I really think it will follow the EEII (two licenses as well) on the self for years ...

1) Oversimplified, almost nothing to remind strategy. What sort of market research downgraded the initial EE aspects?
2) Superb graphics, nevertheless underperforming with my high-end machine (latest VAIO) which is not game-oriented, also sticky in my son's, despite the latest 500 Euro upgrade. Do I need a what to play it ???
3) The lack of campaings continues ...

I recently bought another EEI bundles (EEI & expansion, the game is difficult to find) and I will stick there.

Any comments welcome ...
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Empire Earth 3 General Discussions » Is the game worth it ?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames