Please login or register

Empire Earth 3 General Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: requirments
posted 11-29-07 11:28 PM EDT (US)   
will ee3 work with an xp,cuz i want to get it but i dont know if itll work on my computer
Replies:
posted 12-02-07 11:35 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
Yes it will. Actually I do not think that Vista is even a supported OS but it works with Vista to you just have to update DX10.

If you are running XP you just need to make sure you have the latest video card drivers for your card.
posted 12-02-07 12:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
What are the rest of the specs on your system? XP is compatible, but the rest of your computer may not be.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 12-03-07 06:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
The EE III requiremenst from the full game ReadMe:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

- 1.7 GHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4, AMD(R) Athlon(TM) XP processor or equivalent
- NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 6000 series graphics card or equivalent DirectX(R) 9.0c-compliant 128 MB 3D video card supporting hardware T&L and Shader Model 2.0 or higher
- 512 MB RAM
- 1.5 GB Virtual Memory paging file recommended as well
- 6.5 GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 32-BIT XP or Windows Vista(TM) operating system
- DirectX(R) 9.0c (included)
- DirectX(R)-compatible sound card and speakers or headphones
- DVD-ROM drive
- Microsoft(R)-compatible mouse and keyboard
- Internet Connection: Cable/DSL or faster for online play

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- 3.2 GHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4, AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 3500+ or faster processor (dual core Pentium(R) D, Core(TM) 2 Duo or Athlon X2/FX processor recommended).
- NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 7000 series graphics card or equivalent DirectX(R) 9.0c-compliant 256 MB 3D video card supporting hardware T&L and Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB SLI compatible 3D video cards recommended)
- 1 GB RAM or more
- 1.0 GB Virtual Memory paging file recommended as well
- 6.5 GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 32-BIT XP or Windows Vista(TM) operating system
- DirectX(R) 9.0c (included)
- DirectX(R)-compatible sound card and speakers or headphones
- DVD-ROM drive
- Microsoft(R)-compatible mouse and keyboard
- Internet Connection: HIGH SPEED Cable/DSL/LAN for faster online play

Multiplayer
Playing multiplayer/skirmish on a large map, or with a lot of players, can cause reduced performance on low-end machines. To improve the game's performance on your machine:
- Make sure you have the latest drivers
- Turn down your Graphics and other settings

Networking
- Firewalls that arenít turned off may prevent connection with network games.

Phil
posted 12-10-07 10:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
Sorry but how to check our shader version?

And I have 1.86GHz dual core. Does it count as 3.72GHz overall?

Thanks who is answering me!
posted 12-10-07 10:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
Yea, it does count as a 3.72, or close to, overall.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 12-10-07 10:58 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
im a mno computer expert but i have xp i downloaded directx 9 will that be acceptable or does it have to be 10?

Crossing roads are getting dangerous what if ur ex is driving by?

posted 12-10-07 11:28 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
9 works. Just make sure you downloaded the latest 9.0c

posted 12-11-07 10:33 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
Erm... Sorry to ask again, but how am I gonna know that my computer have a vertex shader version 2.0 or what?

When I check the internet about Intel(R) 954, the specs shows that it have both pixel shader and vertex shader 2.0, if I'm not mistaken.

But, when installing the EE2, there's menu where shows the video card properties and my vertex sheder is 0.0(which I asume as I don't have).

I am confuse and need some helps here, I am not yet buying EE3, still downloading the DEMO which takes me about 3 days.

[This message has been edited by wgn_white (edited 12-11-2007 @ 10:34 PM).]

posted 12-13-07 01:07 AM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
OMG i just baought it for myself and it installed perfectly but when i went to world domination and was loading my computer thought it would crap out on me the screen went blank i couldnt close EE3 and couldnt hit ctrl alt delete i am returning tommorow but if they dont take it im gonna shove it up ther asses

Crossing roads are getting dangerous what if ur ex is driving by?

posted 12-19-07 10:16 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
please... watch the language. And its not their fault you bought a game your computer cant handle
And wgn, I think its an error in the installer, just try the ee3 demo and if it runs well, then get the game
posted 12-20-07 09:51 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
To find out what pixel shader version your card has, download Everest Home Edtion, found here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Install and run, click on the plus sign by "Direct X." Then click "DirectX Video."

Phil
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Empire Earth 3 General Discussions » requirments
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames