Please login or register

Empire Earth 3 General Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Who got the game??
posted 11-08-07 01:30 PM EDT (US)   
I picked it up yesterday and I have only see like 4 people onine so far.

What do you think of the game so far?

I have only played for about an hour or so. Here are some issues I have seen.

I am always running out of gold.

I do not understand the units of the age I am in as they do not seem right for the age I am in. Or I do not understand what modern is.

Is there a idle button to see where I left my builder or engineer? I have not seen one yet and I keep loosing my engineers.

Why are the supply carts bigger then my tanks. Is that so they are easy to spot or something?

What is up with the voice overs. My engineer keeps telling me that is the worst place to build but I will do it anyways. LOL

I am sure I can come up with more later.

This is not even close to being as good as EEI but I am not sure if it is as bad as EEII though. EEII and EEIII should not be part of the EE series at all. They should have a different name all together and we should still be waiting for the sequal to EEI.

[This message has been edited by WickedShark (edited 11-08-2007 @ 01:46 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-08-07 02:36 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
From the readme:

, - Cycle Selection of Idle Buiilder/Packed Building

Shift + , - Add Idle builder/packed building to selection

Ctrl + ,- Select All Idle Builder\Packed building on screen

Shift + Ctrl + ,- Add all idle Builder\Packed building on screen to selection

alt-, - Select All Idle Citizens

. - Cycle Selecting of Idle Military UnitShift + . - Add Idle Military Unit to Selection Ctrl + . - Select All Idle Military Units on screen

Shift + Ctrl + . - Add all idle military on screen to selection

alt-. - Select All Idle Military units

posted 11-08-07 04:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
Well the game came out in America on the 6th in USA I think, adn only 4 online just after it came out, im sensing either
- Epic fail of the game
- Postal companies in America are useless.
_ Both

It's not out in Europe till tommorow, so we'll see if we get any more posters tommorow.

Thanks for that Mr Game and it's nice seeing you here, but it seems theres a lot more things that need explaining such as these issues I noticed in the demo:

- Voice overs, honestly who hired the actors for them? The voices are horrible, especially for the engineers.

- The graphics arn't even that good they lack any type of punch, the graphics are i'd say just a bit worse than the AOE3 ones that came out in 2005, the units don't look as good as I expected and the historical realism that Empire Earth is well known for has just gone with this. It didn't run smootly on my 2 year old comp at all until I turned a lot of settings off.

- The units seemed all mudled up. Modern age you get- A single shot rifleman, WW1 style tank, A very modern rocketer and a napoleonic type artillery? WTF!!

- The units just seem to slide across the terrain when they walk.

- The sizes are all wrong, the infantry are bigger than the tanks, yet the trade trucks you get are huge.

- AI is much to stupid, I played on normal and they send 2 measly riflemen to attack me, and then just spammed towers!

And what wicked said

Another problem I noticed was today when I was on the demo again and I made 2 fire tanks, they were both unable to cross the bridge for some reason? SO I left them ont he other side to face any attacking troops. Anyway, about 3 riflemen and the tanks began firing at them in the completely opposite direction the riflemen were standing (Riflemen in west, tanks fired east)! And the riflemen were still hurt. It was really weird!

Also wicked is there any sort of map editor in the game seeing as you own it, and if so what is it like?

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 11-08-2007 @ 04:22 PM).]

posted 11-08-07 05:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
Hey, Mr. Game. Its been a long time since I've seen you here. Have you been here the hull time lurking in the shadows or come to see the community's reaction?
That is the one thing that really worries me. The rest of the problems you mentioned don't really affect gameplay and so they don't bother me much. Being able to have only one market in a territory, though, I think limits the gameplay to much. Maybe in a patch they could bump it up to a higher number, but make them produce less gold? Say that right now having a Town Center and a market as far away as possible inside a territory produces 100 gold a minute. I think the max amount of markets able to be produced should be raised to 5, but make the max something like 25 or 30. It would be a slight increase of gold production, which is needed, and would also make it so you have to be a much better player to be hitting the maximum amount of gold possible.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old

[This message has been edited by GoSailing (edited 11-08-2007 @ 05:43 PM).]

posted 11-09-07 01:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
I will look to see if there is a map editor and what it looks like today if there is one and post back.

I played the game so more last night online. A 3v3 and a 2v2. I think I saw a cap of about 11 players online and like 1 game posted to join at any given time.

You can maximize your wealth or gold production by adding all three carts and taking control of other territories so you can have more than one market. If you are playing someone half way decent and I do not think I am there yet. You will need at least 3 terrirtories and with 3 markets and all carts running and then you may be ok on gold but that is tough to do depending on map size. You also need to keep your city centers full of workers and having 3 city centers full will give you a big edge in gaining tech points so you can move onto the next age quicker.

I had 2 territories in every game last night and I kept running out of gold trying to build units. I think you can forget about large navy's on water maps as they cost to much to build.

The good thing is that units in the barracks I believe only use raw materials so you can build alot of those quickly with multiple barracks.

The weather effects are kinda nice but as far as great graphics I am not impressed. I am actually more impressed with EE1 graphics than this and that game came out like 5 years ago or something right. I never gave EEII a chance as I did not think it was much like EE1 but I guess EEIII seems to be closer to EEII so this is probably hurting me in game right now.
posted 11-09-07 02:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
So is there a good map editor???
posted 11-09-07 02:58 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
Hey, Mr. Game. Its been a long time since I've seen you here. Have you been here the hull time lurking in the shadows or come to see the community's reaction?
Lurking.
It won't be long till you "get" the economy. We spent a ton of time balancing the gameplay. I think people are just used to EE1 and EE2, and this is a different game.

[This message has been edited by Mr_Game (edited 11-09-2007 @ 03:00 PM).]

posted 11-09-07 05:13 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
You will need at least 3 terrirtories and with 3 markets and all carts running and then you may be ok on gold but that is tough to do depending on map size.
3 markets? I only have the demo so far, but it only let me make one. Do you have to tech up to be able to get them? If so, then that really alleviates my worries.
You will need at least 3 terrirtories and with 3 markets and all carts running and then you may be ok on gold but that is tough to do depending on map size.
Yes, that is something we should all take care to remember. You can't properly judge a game on just a demo or on a few hours of experience. You can start to form some opinions, but make sure you keep an open mind for a bit longer.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 11-12-07 02:26 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
What I meant was you need at least 3 territories to get 3 markets and enough tech points by purchasing scholars in your City center to keep up with the tech race to move onto later ages.

You can only build one market per territory but you can purchase up to 3 carts with each market. This will give you maximum wealth making ability. You still need 3 territories to keep enough wealth to build as fast as you can. If you do not have this you will run out of wealth/gold.

Now my posts have been with my playing with the Wests army but it seems if you want to win on the internet and you are playing others that are using East you better switch to east as they can build a large weak army much faster than you can build a small strong army. If they rush you will loose as they can build really fast. Then having all the territories is not as importand early on as you can keep disrupting the opponet as they fight you off you can build and expand for the win.
posted 11-12-07 03:24 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
OK. That sound fine. The biggest balancing problems in games that are the hardest to fix are economy issues. If one resource is really easy to get or you can't get a comparable number of it to the other resources, it sets the whole game out of order. If it takes skill to get the gold, though, rather than just waiting for a truck to go from a market to a town center, then all should be well.

posted 11-12-07 03:59 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
Multiplayer will tell how the game is well balanced or not, but compared to the beta the game is alot more optimised. I think alot of people are playing the graphics on low-med settings, because im playing it on high and the graphics look alot better than AoE3 or C&C3.

Gold is easy to get, you just need to build 3 carts for your market and have about 3 markets and then your start running out material. Its a shame the demo wasnt great, i enjoyed it but all these comments arnt doing the game justice.

Im still waiting for my copy but im hoping that these bugs that everyone is reporting eg. the memory leak, are the fixed asap. The amount of players online should increase, i remember EE2 being slow to start with and then having 100 on at one time.

Empire Earth Planet
www.eeplanet.net
posted 11-12-07 05:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
You are right gold is easy to get when you have 3 markets and 3 carts per market. The issue is getting 3 markets. So as long as you can expand with your city centers then you will be fine.

Oh and PzK1 all of my comments are from the full version of the game as I got it the day it was released in the states. I only played the demo once for like 10 minutes and I decided it was worth the risk of getting it.

I like the game and I think most of the EEII community will like it to. If you were a die hard EEI fan this is not the sequel to that game in my opinion. The game is still fun though.
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » Empire Earth 3 General Discussions » Who got the game??
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames