Please login or register

EE2 Multiplayer Strategy
Moderated by GoSailing, Soty

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: MOD Bug???
posted 08-16-05 01:44 AM EDT (US)   
During a ladder game with Frowa I noticed that my TC would not produce citz when it was shooting.

Is that a bug or its been done intentionally?

Replies:
posted 08-16-05 01:46 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
not sure I'll bring it up to Mokon when I chat with him

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

posted 08-16-05 03:31 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
ya this is stupid and i dont know how to stop this... the tc always shot and produce no cits^^ .. . ..
posted 08-16-05 05:33 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
Another thing grabbed my attention...Naval Defense systems. Why can't they be built on shores anymore? Is this because they have been turned out another main form of land and sea defense like Outposts? Or this a bug?
posted 08-16-05 03:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
Near as I know the Mod has not been balanced for navies yet this will be fixed shortly after Mokon gets back.

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

posted 08-16-05 06:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
there has always been problem with the tc shooting while producing citizens.

[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/1769/fenam2300x754no.jpg[/img]

or

Fenam

posted 08-16-05 09:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
hmm sounds like a good raiding strat at beggining. send one of ur first villies over to run around the tc becasue the tc could never kill him unless he garrisoned his villies then when u saw that happening u could run ur villie out.

Empire Earth II Name: TSC_Blade
Empires Name: TSC_Blade, TSC_ExIle
Proud member of The Spartan Clan
posted 08-17-05 05:48 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
Thats a nice one. Would require PiP to work effectively while you build up your economy/military.
posted 08-24-05 05:36 AM EDT (US)     8 / 11  

Quote:

hmm sounds like a good raiding strat at beggining. send one of ur first villies over to run around the tc becasue the tc could never kill him unless he garrisoned his villies then when u saw that happening u could run ur villie out.

I personally find this completely silly: it should be fixed.
Ordering your scout to go round the opponent's City Center to stop it producing citizens is not strategy or skill: it's just bug exploiting.

posted 08-24-05 12:08 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
if u konstant produce cits, its not a problem for u ; ) and to build cits kontstant and built fast unit, that need little skill...
posted 08-24-05 06:19 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11  

Quote:

if u konstant produce cits, its not a problem for u ; ) and to build cits kontstant and built fast unit, that need little skill...

Sure, but to stop the enemy producing citizens you should build an army and raid him. This requires some skill. Sending the scout for a trip around the enemy city doesn't.

"build cits kontstant and built fast unit" would anyway be a skill, since it affects your economic strength, even if you don't have to worry about schizophrenic scouts carrying their silly furry hats around your city center.

posted 08-28-05 06:22 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
yes the tc firing bug has been known for a long time. Ive worked on it but im am lost. My best guess is it is a hard coded bug since no in game structure firers.

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE2 Multiplayer Strategy » MOD Bug???
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames