EE2 Multiplayer Strategy
Moderated by GoSailing, Soty

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: EE2 Ladder
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
posted 06-01-05 03:45 PM EDT (US)   
Use this thread to report problems with the ladder or disagreements with other forumers regarding games. We will attempt to resolve them as quickly as we can.

For challenges, use the Challenge Thread.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

AoEH | EEH | RoNH | IndividualsCAN

Replies:
posted 06-04-05 00:29 AM EDT (US)     1 / 164  
Contest begins June 4th at 12:30am EST and ends on July 4th at 12:30am EST.

SETTINGS

1v1
NO OBSERVATION!
Game type = Conquest
Starting citizens = 5
Resources = Low
Starting/ending Epochs =1-15
City population = 40
Max population = 800
Game pace = medium
Game speed = fast
Map = Random; Plains
Map = unrevealed
Cheats = off
Lock game speed = on
Lock teams = on

Map settings
Map size = Small
Geography = Plains
Climate = Tropical
Resources = Uniformed
Elevation = Low lands
Forestation = Heavy
Rivers = Some

Environmental settings
Cycle seasons = unchecked
Start season = Summer
Time of day = Afternoon
Enable wind = unchecked
Enable Weather = unchecked

There are no exceptions to the settings, if games are not played on the exact settings they will be void from scoring.

SUBMISSIONS

When reporting the results of a game you have the option to submit a cscreenshot (or the summary at endgame) and also a recorded game. All recorded games must be zipped or they will be rejected. Screenies and summaries can be posted as they are.

PRIZES

First place;

- One MSI NVidia NX6600 128MB PCI Express Video Card (value $200).
- One copy of SWAT 4 for PC (value $50).
- One Empire Earth II T Shirt (value priceless).

Second place;

- One D-Link DGL-4300 Gaming Router with GamerFuel Technology (value $160)
- One copy of SWAT 4 for PC.
- One Empire Earth II T Shirt.

Third sixth places;

- One copy of SWAT 4 for PC.

Seventh twentieth places;

We hope you enjoy this ladder and have fun! Every member of Empire Earth Heaven (except staff) is eligible to play, there are no resident restrictions.

Sign up for the ladder here. You will also find the link on our main page in the community section.

Now go and play, you only have a month!!!!

My Karma ran over my Dogma

AoEH | EEH | RoNH | IndividualsCAN

[This message has been edited by TheGoodEvil (edited 06-04-2005 @ 12:26 PM).]

posted 06-04-05 03:47 AM EDT (US)     2 / 164  
I love you, i need to upgrade my tnt2.
posted 06-04-05 03:56 AM EDT (US)     3 / 164  
Ummm... if you have a TNT2 then you need to upgrade your motherboard, and much more to use this card.

It is a PCI Express card... that is NOT an ordinary PCI card. It is a newer slot than AGP.

Anyway, I signed up... hopefully get a chance to play soon... though with only you elite guys signing up I expect to get pwned in short order. :P

Should be fun anyway.

posted 06-04-05 04:16 AM EDT (US)     4 / 164  
So, for the game summary thing, would you just click the "Write Stats to File" button at the end? Or would you prefer a screenshot of the page?
posted 06-04-05 07:12 AM EDT (US)     5 / 164  
Screenshots are what we are looking for i think. Anyone could just edit the stats page so..... ill ask tge tho

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 06-04-05 08:25 AM EDT (US)     6 / 164  
    I tried to download the rec for the PiG vs Mokon game but the zip file is invalid.
    posted 06-04-05 08:39 AM EDT (US)     7 / 164  
    its not a zipp... its a e2s

• posted 06-04-05 08:40 AM EDT (US)     8 / 164  
    also AoG_H4rdy_AoG
    with this game....

AoG_H4rdy_AoG as Turkey Defeats Stocky as Egypt [Results | Recorded Game]

i need u to upload the stats page screenshot, not the victory page....

• posted 06-04-05 08:52 AM EDT (US)     9 / 164  
    I thought the rec games where supposed to be zips...hmm.

They are appearing as zips on my computer. Odd.

[This message has been edited by jimmy_pat1403 (edited 06-04-2005 @ 09:03 AM).]

posted 06-04-05 10:38 AM EDT (US)     10 / 164  
    how long does it take for reported result to come through?

ive reported 2 wins, and they havent shown up in ladder yet

i provided screenshot. do i have to also provide the rec? it seemed to accept my report of screenie but still hasnt shown up in ladder

posted 06-04-05 11:32 AM EDT (US)     11 / 164  
    Hmm...all 3 games I have currently played I have lost. But, I learn from my losses and I get better each time. One of these games, I will win. Hopefully.

And ViE_BE, I think one of the EEH staff has to check it etc before it goes up. Just have to wait until one of them does.

[This message has been edited by jimmy_pat1403 (edited 06-04-2005 @ 11:33 AM).]

posted 06-04-05 12:16 PM EDT (US)     12 / 164  
    Those rec games are still not working for me, even on a different computer. They appear as .zip files, but you cant unzip them.
    posted 06-04-05 12:25 PM EDT (US)     13 / 164  
    Be one game has no screenshot or replay or stats, it also looks like a rematch vs st0cky, I want replays of rematches please especially if they are back to back to ensure it wasn't a double post.

Games need to be ok'd by the ladder staff, i know it's kind of a drag but if you look at what happened on the gamespy arena ladder you'll understand why we are doing things this way.

NO OBSERVATION! NONE AT ALL, NONE ALLOWED! all future games that have obs will not be processed. I could have sworn I made that a rule but I might have forgot to post it in the final settings draft. I will fix it now.

thanks,
    TGE

posted 06-04-05 01:14 PM EDT (US)     14 / 164  

Quote:

it also looks like a rematch vs st0cky

If its the game against me your refering to, I have the rec, screenshot and stats file for that match.

Quote:

NO OBSERVATION! NONE AT ALL, NONE ALLOWED!

Unfortunately me and PiG couldn't connect to each others games so the only way we could play was for someone else to host it for us, and Mokon offered to do it.

And how did ViE_BE manage to play St0cky twice? (You can only play a single person every 24 hours)

[This message has been edited by jimmy_pat1403 (edited 06-04-2005 @ 01:18 PM).]

posted 06-04-05 01:30 PM EDT (US)     15 / 164  
    That rule was changed a bit to allow for 2 games vs the same player within a 1 week period, could be within minutes after each other but no more than twice a week can you play someone.

this way you can play a rematch and it will cut down on the "play the same person everyday" syndrome.

Worked kind of like this in Red Alert, they only allowed you to play the same person on the ladder 2 twice a month.

TGE

[This message has been edited by TheGoodEvil (edited 06-04-2005 @ 01:31 PM).]

posted 06-04-05 05:55 PM EDT (US)     16 / 164  
    Can anyone explain how points are distributed?

thx

posted 06-04-05 06:33 PM EDT (US)     17 / 164  
    You can scroll down this page and it will break it all down for you.

http://ee.heavengames.com/ladder/help.shtml

TGE

posted 06-04-05 07:28 PM EDT (US)     18 / 164  
    I fought CAPTAIN in a game which went out-of-sync or something of that nature. I sent in the game stats and the recorded game and sent it as a win (i wasn't sure how the out'of'sync policy worked). In it I am clearly knocking him senseless. However, he claims I quit the game. He'll probably try to declare it as a victory for himself. If you need the stats or game sent again I can email them to you or something.

Thanks alot,

Larry

[This message has been edited by harmy99 (edited 06-04-2005 @ 07:33 PM).]

posted 06-04-05 08:04 PM EDT (US)     19 / 164  
    Ill talk with TGE, im not sure which it will fall under.

Quote:

Disconnections: If you disconnect you will forfeit the game. This may sound harsh but too many arguments can arise from disconnections. If a player disconnects before or during the army arrangement stage the game does not count against him but he should come back to the lobby as soon as he can. Unless everyone is fine with the game not counting, the game will be counted in the case of a disconnect.
    Desynchronized Games: If the game becomes desynchronized, please post in the thread and we will try to resolve it. There is no standard routine for dealing with desynchronization, since the circumstances are nearly always different.

also which game was it?

• posted 06-04-05 08:27 PM EDT (US)     20 / 164  
    After a bit of thought if a game goes out of sync then the winner will be the highest score if past the 5 minute mark. if before 5 minutes you need to play a again.

in the future do NOT post games you are unsure of. If something like this happens again and you post the game before you are sure the game is legal, there could be problems.

I am more than a bit upset that you posted the win before you knew...

-EDIT- to be sure of a winner in OOS games please post the end game stats as well as the score screen.

Thanks

TGE

[This message has been edited by TheGoodEvil (edited 06-04-2005 @ 08:32 PM).]

posted 06-04-05 08:44 PM EDT (US)     21 / 164  
    TGE,

I'm sorry about that. Next time I have any disputes I'll make sure I post it before I report it. The only thing was I wasn't sure how to get the stats or the game to you :/ Thanks for being so lenient.

-Larry

[This message has been edited by harmy99 (edited 06-04-2005 @ 08:45 PM).]

posted 06-05-05 05:42 AM EDT (US)     22 / 164  
    I will cry if I get beat by another Inca player and their bloody mass conversion.

Should be disallowed. :P

*Cough* St0cky *Cough*

posted 06-05-05 09:28 AM EDT (US)     23 / 164  
    Hi I sent in a record of a game last night around 11pm central and its not up yet... im not sure if it went through (dont remember it saying it was sent). Should I atempt to post it again?
    posted 06-05-05 05:29 PM EDT (US)     24 / 164  
    what about this disconnect?

Empire Earth II Name: TSC_Blade
    Empires Name: TSC_Blade, TSC_ExIle
    Proud member of The Spartan Clan
    posted 06-05-05 06:18 PM EDT (US)     25 / 164  
    What do U mean we have to submit an indication that the game was played by a forumer of heavengames? How would we prove that? It happens that my id for both are the same BUT what if ID's are different, how do u verify it was played by the person that submitted it?

Also where do I submit the game to ( do i have to submit a screenie)?

If you lose a game do you have to submit it, because i would think the winner would submit it himself and a double copy would be redundant. If the winner doesn't submit it, it would kinda be his own doing that he won't win the points for it.

[This message has been edited by AzianPhoenix (edited 06-05-2005 @ 06:30 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
    Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE2 Multiplayer Strategy » EE2 Ladder
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames