You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

EE2 Scenario Design
Moderated by GoSailing, Soty

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: World War II Scenario Help NEEDED!
posted 01-20-12 10:37 PM EDT (US)   
Hello, fellow gamers!

I'm a new user to this website although I've used it without signing up for quite a while now. I understand that there are quite a few talented modders and scripters in the forum community, and now I am requesting their help! I'll tell you what I am asking for help for:

I am currently in development of a World War II scenario based on the European Front of the war. I have 10 nations to be used - (1)Germany, (2)Italy, (3)Hungary, (4)Romania, (5)Greece, (6)France, (7)Great Britain, (8)Soviet Union, (9)Poland, and (10)Neutral Countries - and those are their game titles and player numbers respectfully.

I have just begun learning how to script so I'm personally not the best, but I've got basics down, and I have portions of the scripting done for my scenario.

A) Rules for World
B) Player Names & Numbers
C) Date (Month, day, etc.)
D) Max Populations & Max Epoch

Currently, I am looking for help in doing the rest of the scripting, which isn't very much, just diplomacy and unit enabling. But, I am looking for help regarding the naming of territories and cities without having to change them DURING the game, because when I'm done, I do hope to post my scenario for other players to download. What I need help with:

- Permanent Territory & City Names
- Custom Civilization Names (heck, even helping me by making custom civilizations to replace the Aztecs, Incas, Mayans, Egyptians, and Babylonians with the Soviets, Polish, French, Hungarians, and Romanians would be a BIG help! creating a custom unit for each of those nations would also greatly help me out [i.e. T-34 for Soviets, Panzer IV for Hungarians, Tiger Tank for Romanians, 7TP light tank for Polish, and the ARL 44 for the French)

P.S: I'm not asking for anybody to make unique units for any of these civs for me because then they'd be doing most of the work on the scenario. The only thing I'm asking for from that complete statement is EITHER help with CUSTOM civ names or ACTUAL civs to replace those mentioned.

- Diplomacy States with added Triggers (i.e. after about a year and a half [my scenario starts in January, 1938] Germany declares war on Poland, and gets hostilities from Britain and France) including future alliance proposals and hostilities (ex. Hungary requests an alliance with Germany and Italy, and declares war on the Soviet Union), as well as diplomacy state locks (ex. Germany CAN'T declare war on Italy)
- Disabling units for various nations (ex. disabling nuclear bomber for all the nations)
- Making Neutral Countries player cinematic so the player can't pick to play as that nation or change diplomatic state with them (i.e. won't see their name in the diplomacy list during the game)

Unfortunately, I do NOT have Art of Supremacy installed, just the original Empire Earth II. Any help would be appreciated!

[This message has been edited by GeneralDoom321 (edited 01-20-2012 @ 11:15 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-21-12 02:18 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
I do not know much about scripts. I think you can help e24ever or Michael34. You can send them a private post or comment on their scenarios.

Maybe you would like to make a scenarios for the mod:

Empire Earth 4 (Mod) v7.0
This mod is perfect fit for a World War II.

http://vkontakte.ru/album139241114_138338446
http://vkontakte.ru/album139241114_138338785
http://vkontakte.ru/album139241114_143341993
http://vkontakte.ru/album139241114_144128280
http://vkontakte.ru/album139241114_144816836
posted 01-24-12 00:31 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
Hello, RGV1.

I've seen your posts, uploads, and I just looked at the photos in your albums - very impressive! Its good to know someone replied, but I am in dire need to receive help in scripting this scenario, so would you mind passing along my request to the modders?

Would a map from Empire Earth II without the expansion work on your mod? I'd gladly look into making some maps for you guys, and although I'm not the best with the map editor, I could give it a shot.

Anyways, here's a link to a picture I posted of the Europe map I made for my scenario - I may even upload it. I made it by hand.

Here you go - take a look.
http://s697.photobucket.com/albums/vv337/Grievous123_2123/?action=view¤t=EuropeBeta200.jpg
posted 01-25-12 02:51 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
I'll try to ask Michael34.

"Would a map from Empire Earth II without the expansion work on your mod?"
Unfortunately, no. EE2 and EE2 AoS - use different maps. But in the EE4 mode is similar to the maps your map of Europe.

"I'd gladly look into making some maps for you guys,"
It would be great. Maps for EE4 mod are small.

Do you have a good map, I like the aspect ratio - they look like real ones.
posted 01-25-12 07:13 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
Hi general doom!! Scripting isnt that hard as it looks at the beginning. I send you link to main features:

http://ee.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1851

http://ee.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1950

Anyway if the script doesn't work, it tells you where in the script is the error, so you can easily fix.

I hope this help you, its only what i know about scripting!
Otherwise you should ask our expert e24ever, he makes marvels with scripting.
posted 01-26-12 05:51 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
I am still here folks-many thx 4 ur opinion Michael and welcome, GD32
I am not so often here so sorry 4 my late.

I presume that u ve got a ready done map to ur scen and u can attach script. Also u named ur players in the editor, u ve set scen time, max pop & epoch in script-I dunno what u mean wit Rules4World-explain-it is just com script beginning.

If u ve also building&units created on the map-u need just good script and I may help u wit that, no pro. I need:
1) Who is a human player(which civ?)
2) What is a main, lose or sec objective?
3) All names u need
4) Name of units in what civ enabled/disabled
5) For custom units u need mod addin them (only RGV1), I cant do this.
6) Leave me ur contact(e-mail), I ll answer.
posted 02-01-12 03:04 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
"Unfortunately, no. EE2 and EE2 AoS - use different maps. But in the EE4 mode is similar to the maps your map of Europe."

Is there a way I can upload my map for you to download, and you can change it to work on your mod? Or would I have to redo the entire map?

"It would be great. Maps for EE4 mod are small."

Alright, then. I'm gonna have to buy the gold edition of the game if I am to do that, since my maps don't work on the mod (unless, of course you can modify them to work on the mod).

"Do you have a good map, I like the aspect ratio - they look like real ones."

Why thank you! That's just a blurry picture of the minimap, unfortunately, so that is the actual map. I'm currently in creation of a map with China, so I can upload that when I'm done if you want.

"Hi general doom!! Scripting isnt that hard as it looks at the beginning. I send you link to main features:"

Unfortunately, I have downloaded and used those two links to the best of my ability, but nothing goes right (for example, I put the trigger to lock the teams, but when I test my mission out, it hasn't locked them even if I've attached the script).

"If u ve also building&units created on the map-u need just good script and I may help u wit that, no pro. I need:
1) Who is a human player(which civ?)
2) What is a main, lose or sec objective?
3) All names u need
4) Name of units in what civ enabled/disabled
5) For custom units u need mod addin them (only RGV1), I cant do this.
6) Leave me ur contact(e-mail), I ll answer."

Alright.

1) Germany, or player 1
2) There are no real objectives, although I do want the diplomacy to change depending on the invasions Germany and Italy took upon entering the war (example: in September 1939, Germany declares war on Poland and Britain and France declare war on Germany, so the team states will change accordingly).
3) Could you define what you mean here? I'm mostly looking for territory and city names to go with the map.
4) I haven't scripted this yet, but I'd like to add "assault tank" to the list of units Germany cannot build (making it so Germany CAN'T build this unit), and remove tank destroyer's from the allied nations' units, as well as the nuclear bomber. There are a couple more, but I think you get the idea.
5) I wouldn't worry about this issue right now.
6) sheenlawrence@hotmail.com

Thanks again to the three of you for offering me some help.
posted 02-01-12 05:18 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
In map editor>Edit>Diplomacy set diplomacy between all players. In script in initialization section lock diplomacy between players using com:

LockDiplomaticState(1, 2);
LockDiplomaticState(1, 3);

Remember set up Victory Conditions from Edit-option to use the script(as script says) !!!
Then attach ur script in Edit>Mission Properties>IES

Scripts needs to know then what is really win objective(main objective and lose) because u will never win or lose(which player must be destroyed, which saved).

I mean in 3) to what exactly names of terr and cities u need
4) To disable units u need com:

SetTechEnabled(1, "NuclearBomber", false);

(player name or number, unit name, false)

To set player cinematic only use the last checkbox in Mission Properties

Did u get my e-mail?

[This message has been edited by e24ever (edited 02-01-2012 @ 02:54 PM).]

posted 02-05-12 03:43 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
"Is there a way I can upload my map for you to download, and you can change it to work on your mod?"

Please send your card, I will try to solve the problem.

"I'm gonna have to buy the gold edition of the game if I am to do that"
The right decision. AoS - has many new features.
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE2 Scenario Design » World War II Scenario Help NEEDED!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames