Please login or register

EE Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: I know what it is...
posted 09-15-12 10:36 AM EDT (US)   
It's the color! Nobody's posting because it's sooooo grey. You should liven this place up a little! I can see it now, luminous orange on neon green, and scatter a psychedelic elephant here and there. It could be beautiful! Beautiful, I say!!! Beautiful!!! *cackles madly*
Replies:
posted 09-15-12 11:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
ahhahaha FELIX!!! You are safe, for almost no one visits here anymore (the occasional die-hard EE fans excluded). The downloads section though is well, more active (around 50+ downloads in a week maybe), so the scen design aspect is at least kicking.

My Profile in Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Two Flags: Battle for Africa ||Jun 2023
My Profile in Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
AOK Designer of the Year 2012
Core Team Member & Site Co-Administrator,Empire Creations
posted 09-18-12 01:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
It's sad really; I've heard EE is a great game. I've never actually played it if I'm completely honest, but I have played a mobile version some time ago. Not that that counts at all.
posted 09-19-12 00:09 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
If I may, may I suggest you give it a try? It's a very good game. Rick Goodman (the original AoE lead designer), is Empire Earth's lead designer too. Maybe trying it would make you interested in designing too. It has a very powerful scen editor.

My Profile in Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Two Flags: Battle for Africa ||Jun 2023
My Profile in Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
posted 09-19-12 01:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
I'd love to give at a play at some point, but I really don't play games enough these days. My gaming hours for the last three months or more are probably only two or three. Chances are I'd try it once and then forget about.

*sigh*

Mayhap when I'm older and not studying so much!
posted 09-19-12 11:58 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
I'd be happy if you'd try it, and tell me what you think about it, in your own time. It will never hurt the EE community if one active member of AOK manages to like and design for EE too. THAT would be phenomenal, in my opinion. Kor (Derfel Cadarn) had some very good scenarios in EE too. If you want to try, check this:

After Crecy
http://ee.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=544&ci=4b9f95a82352e1be741b695d248e8977YToxOntpOjA7YToyOntpOjA7czoxNDoiU2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMiO2k6MTtzOjM2OiJsaXN0ZXIucGhwP3N0YXJ0PTAmYW1wO3NlYXJjaD1kZXJmZWwiO319

and

The Principality.
http://ee.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=699&ci=4b9f95a82352e1be741b695d248e8977YToxOntpOjA7YToyOntpOjA7czoxNDoiU2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMiO2k6MTtzOjM2OiJsaXN0ZXIucGhwP3N0YXJ0PTAmYW1wO3NlYXJjaD1kZXJmZWwiO319

Such early classics and faves of mine. Good Thing is Kor is still around in AOK, but mostly in modding stuff.

posted 09-22-12 01:47 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
Me, design? Oh, those were the days. Shame I was always quite poor at it, although the good thing is that I didn't spam the blacksmith: I always thought I was quite dignified in my... uh... badness.

Saying that, I do have a small project in the pipeline, but I just seem to be so short on time for these things.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mastertronic-Ltd-Empire-Earth-PC/dp/B000EAN5FI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348295914&sr=8-2

^ There's an Empire Earth. I'll give it a look hopefully soon, but I have no idea when that means. I haven't opened up AoK in weeks and I'm staff on their heaven so... yeah.
posted 09-22-12 03:17 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
as they say, "Take your time", Felix. And, if you are planning to buy it, a couple of dollars extra you can get both EE (vanilla and expansion) in GOG.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/empire_earth_gold_edition

Again, hoping you'll find the time and interest to play EE. Cheers!

posted 09-25-12 02:42 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
I've never actually thought about the grey being the potential cause of the lack of activity here.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 09-26-12 05:14 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
I was about to reply that the post is not serious, when I happen to read the old post by Xenophone and all the tongue-in-cheek humor you gave him. So yeah, but I'm sticking my tongue out.

posted 09-29-12 10:37 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
Humor, me? No, certainly not. You must be mistaken.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 09-29-12 11:38 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
ooooo... the days, the good old days... I should have discovered EEH earlier, and I could have the privilege of knowing you, GoSailing, and all the legends since. :P

posted 09-29-12 11:48 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
Jokes aside, legends is surely too strong a word. I think nostalgia plays a large part in the idea of people who've been around for a while being "legendary."

posted 10-03-12 06:48 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
Well, you have a point there, besides the fact that when you say "legends" it denotes "oldness" How about Pioneers? Really, if only CEM files have been decoded, the community could have extended the life/ replayability of EE for a couple of years more...

posted 11-17-12 09:26 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
I'm a legend!!!!

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 11-17-12 11:59 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
haha... another legend! thanks for visiting King Blatant.

Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » I know what it is...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames