EE Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Katy Perry
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 09-14-10 10:25 PM EDT (US)   
So, Katy Perry went to my high school. In fact, some of the younger teachers were in her grade and were friends with her back in the day. She ended up dropping out to pursue her singing career, but she's still been known for her love of the area. Indeed, the beauty of women in my home city was the inspiration for her incredibly irritating "California Gurlz" song. Now, with that backstory, I announce to you all that she just gave a free concert to my high school's students. She performed in our open Greek Theater and nobody was allowed to go other than students. So now my Facebook newsfeed is cluttered with people a year below me (Seniors now, juniors last year while I was a senior) bragging about a free concert. So now the question: what would you guys do if given a free concert by a massively famous singer? I've seen some people (not friends, thankfully) who apparently painted her names on their chests. Others, I was told, sat there and sneered and pretended to not think it was awesome. Still others probably freaked out like crazy fanboys. Where would you stand?

Also, this gives me an excuse to post the best parody video ever. Skip into 20 seconds to start it off, as the very beginning is stupid.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Replies:
posted 09-14-10 11:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 43  
I wouldn't care and probably wouldn't go, because Katy Perry doesn't strike my fancy.

EE forever
posted 09-15-10 02:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 43  
Katy Perry = couldn't care less

Acdc / mcr / tbr / lostprophets = hell yeah! I'm there

"Xeno is clearly the evil Chuck Norris reincarnate" - Major Helper
"Honestly, I thought Nick Clegg was a classmate of Dom's" - Mozzarella Man
"HIS POOR GRAMMAR MAKES SENSE NOW, HE IS AN ELEPHANT" - Ashrzr
"sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
"I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
posted 09-15-10 06:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 43  
Katy Perry is the man

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 09-16-10 00:23 AM EDT (US)     4 / 43  
I don't like or hate her. meaning that I don't care.

Current projects:
Finland campaign
story of the Drumangs part2
posted 09-16-10 01:52 AM EDT (US)     5 / 43  
I'm not a fan of her music either, but it seems pretty epic. Going to a free concert just for your peers with a really well known musician is not bad.

The funny thing is they made it after school so that if she sang a song like "I Kissed a Girl" parents could have their kids not see or hear the concert. "OMG my kids are learnign to be heathens in school! Must have them leave!" Absolutely hilariously stupid, especially considering last year there was a lesbian couple on campus anyways and nobody ever cared.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 09-16-10 01:55 AM EDT (US)     6 / 43  
Also, I should mention that mostly this was an excuse to post that awesome parody.

posted 09-16-10 02:04 AM EDT (US)     7 / 43  
So, Katy Perry went to my high school.
Your high school is awesome.
some of the younger teachers were in her grade and were friends with her back in the day.
Those teachers are awesome.
incredibly irritating "California Gurlz" song.
what would you guys do if given a free concert by a massively famous singer?
Depends. Did she sing I Kissed a Girl?
(not friends, thankfully)
More like UNTHANKFULLY.
Where would you stand?
Next to my friends, probably.
The funny thing is they made it after school so that if she sang a song like "I Kissed a Girl" parents could have their kids not see or hear the concert.
DID SHE SING IT D:
Also, I should mention that mostly this was an excuse to post that awesome parody.
I see.

Though admittedly, most of the love that I have reserved for pop singers tends to go towards Ke$ha, not Katy.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 09-16-10 02:44 AM EDT (US)     8 / 43  
DID SHE SING IT D:
I think so, though the only song I saw a video for so far was California Gurlz. To be honest, she sounded pretty bad live. It still seemed like fun anyways, though. She appears to have come on stage initially in our school's chearleading outfit.

posted 09-16-10 04:15 PM EDT (US)     9 / 43  
Arvy, Ke$ha sucks.

posted 09-16-10 09:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 43  
She appears to have come on stage initially in our school's chearleading outfit.
HAWT
Arvy, Ke$ha sucks.
D-I N-O S-A U R A DINOSAUR

|
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!

[This message has been edited by Arvedui (edited 09-16-2010 @ 09:01 PM).]

posted 09-17-10 01:26 AM EDT (US)     11 / 43  
So somebody put up this video. She apparently saw a former classmate in the crowd (I'm wondering how he got in seeing as how it was supposed to be current students only and presumably he wouldn't still look like a high school kid) and was like "What up bitch thinking you're too good for me?" It was actually pretty funny until she started singing, despite her having no idea what hardcore is.

sns=fb

EDIT: This is an interesting comment:
What's going on with America if they let these kind of performance's on their campus! It seems staged (movie poster for example). I'm glad I don't go there or to any other public school (no all are bad... just this one sets an example for some since its a soon 2 b internet sensation)... sheesh. What's the lesson here besides the cliche of people being judgemental to others?
Unless she's talking about just the fact that she was singing a song called "Ur so gay," I really don't get the objection. I mean, I don't really see whats objectionable at all about her music. With the context of her other songs, she's clearly not homophobic so I find it hard to imagine "Ur So Gay" is a hateful song. I could be wrong as I've not read the lyrics or heard it before, though.

[This message has been edited by GoSailing (edited 09-17-2010 @ 01:31 AM).]

posted 09-17-10 08:03 AM EDT (US)     12 / 43  
Pop as a whole sucks. I don't know why people would want to listen to such talentless, unoriginal peeps. I listen to the shit that has real talent and creativity in it, like Queens of the Stone Age.

EE forever
posted 09-17-10 12:29 PM EDT (US)     13 / 43  
Thats pretty dismissive of an entire genre. You might be a little closer to truth if you are only including the massive fad type musicians like Bieber, Ke$ha and Perry. Pop does go beyond just the musicians that people worship en masse for 6 months before finding somebody else (thinking Aaron Carter, Backstreet Boys etc). Also where it intersects with the alternative genre can have incredibly talented musicians.

posted 09-17-10 02:05 PM EDT (US)     14 / 43  
People like the Backstreet Boys existed a decade ago.

EE forever
posted 09-17-10 05:39 PM EDT (US)     15 / 43  
So somebody put up this video. She apparently saw a former classmate in the crowd (I'm wondering how he got in seeing as how it was supposed to be current students only and presumably he wouldn't still look like a high school kid) and was like "What up bitch thinking you're too good for me?"
Yeah, read about that yesterday. The guy is a football coach there, that's why he was there.
if you are only including the massive fad type musicians like Bieber, Ke$ha and Perry.
While I agree with what you're saying, I contest your inclusion of Ke$ha. I mean, how can you deny the genius that is Your Love is My Drug?
Also where it intersects with the alternative genre can have incredibly talented musicians.
<3 Jason Mraz

|
posted 09-17-10 06:02 PM EDT (US)     16 / 43  
i shalt put this simply, Ramones, Acdc, Mettalic, Iron Maiden and anything rock or heavy metal = good

Jason Mraz, Justin Beiber, Katy Perry, Ke$ha and all that lot = must be shot

"sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
"I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
posted 09-17-10 09:59 PM EDT (US)     17 / 43  
Because clearly just because it is in a genre you don't care for, they are objectively bad musicians?
<3 Jason Mraz
He's fairly good, and anywhere in that area. Matchbox Twenty/Rob Thomas, John Mayer, etc.

posted 09-17-10 11:50 PM EDT (US)     18 / 43  
Because clearly just because it is in a genre you don't care for, they are objectively bad musicians?
It's the other way around. They are objectively bad musicians, so we don't care for them.

EE forever
posted 09-18-10 03:02 AM EDT (US)     19 / 43  
It's the other way around. They are objectively bad musicians, so we don't care for them.
Once again, not everything that is popular fits into the "bad musician" category. It tends to only be the people that are massively popular for a short time before everybody forgets about them. Bands that have a nice following still after 15 years, like Matchbox Twenty, are fairly popular but thats because they've been putting out quality music forever. Now, its much more in the alternative category than in the pop category, but classifying it as pop wouldn't be wrong.

posted 09-19-10 01:57 PM EDT (US)     20 / 43  
I think people are missing the point of this thread which is the awesome parody
posted 09-19-10 02:06 PM EDT (US)     21 / 43  
Indeed. Axorath gets +1 awesome points.

posted 09-19-10 03:18 PM EDT (US)     22 / 43  
In fact by decree from me, this thread is declared about music

posted 09-19-10 03:51 PM EDT (US)     23 / 43  
Katy perry rocks because of her, err.. big things. Thereby Ke$ha sucks.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 09-19-10 11:23 PM EDT (US)     24 / 43  
Obvi. It's the same thing with politicians that I disagree with, you know.

Though music that I personally actually like: Keane, Ludo, Muse, Green Day, The Beatles, The Killers, Jonathan Coulton. And some assorted songs by Cage The Elephant, Dirty Heads, Kris Allen, La Roux, Neon Trees, Phoenix, The Script, and Weezer.

|
posted 09-20-10 02:44 AM EDT (US)     25 / 43  
Green Day
Including "21 Guns?" I really don't mind Green Day's older stuff but that song is like 8 minutes long and was played nonstop on the radio a month or two ago. I wanted to slam my head into the dashboard every time it was.

posted 09-20-10 08:40 PM EDT (US)     26 / 43  
I absolutely love 21 Guns. One of my favorites by them, especially because the lyrics impact me a lot personally, with my situation.
When you're at the end of the road
And you lost all sense of control
And your thoughts have taken their toll
When your mind breaks the spirit of your soul
Your faith walks on broken glass and the hangover doesn't pass
Nothing's ever built to last, you're in ruins

|
posted 09-20-10 08:56 PM EDT (US)     27 / 43  
I really like Blink 182. They've probably made 100 songs, 70 of which are crap, but the other 30 are really good. You may like them Arvy, especially if you like the theme of 21 Guns.

posted 09-20-10 09:16 PM EDT (US)     28 / 43  
They've probably made 100 songs, 70 of which are crap, but the other 30 are really good.
Sounds a bit like my posts.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
posted 09-20-10 09:42 PM EDT (US)     29 / 43  
I can't stand the sound of 21 guns. The lyrics are fine, but the sound just annoys me.

Also, Blink-182! Not their best song by a long shot, but a hilariously epic music video.
ob=av3e

posted 09-20-10 09:46 PM EDT (US)     30 / 43  
We miss you ABU.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » Katy Perry
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames