This is the first scenario of the intended eighty years war campaign. I stopped building beacause I am now making a LOTR mod.
Hopefully you enjoy this scenario, and if the reactions are very positive I might continue with the campaign.
I know there's a very slim chance of you making this a full campaign, sjoer, but if you happen to do so, here's a couple of comments for the 80 yrs. war:
- Citizens are too powerful. Maybe you could counter this by having many citizens that could take on an estate only by sheer numbers (bows vs. guns), and then put a trigger that after an estate is destroyed, some citizens will join you to replenish your ranks.
- Buying weapons: You're supposedly buying weapons, but many units spawn without your citizens being lessened. Maybe make another requirement in the conditions trigger for at least, say, 4 citizens and 4 gold, so that after spawning 4 arquebus, you can remove the 4 citizens.
- Rename the flags at the execution area as "Execution Area", and maybe put hostile guards in place right away. My soldiers arrived there, and nothing happened until the priest came near the area. If you like to make it appear like the soldiers will wait the priest's signal to attack, maybe you could instruct the player so in the objectives.
- More terrain mixing inside the city (could use some grass, dirt and trees)
- The history section! It would really be good if you'd give the player some background info.
- The moment the town hall falls, pff! victory! maybe you could send a dialogue before the victory trigger (maybe a speech of congratulations made by the priest).
Posted on 09/23/09 @ 07:51 PM
he stopped it in the middle, he didn't even made final adjustments, i think, just posted here because it was almost all done
Posted on 09/24/09 @ 01:58 AM
my thoughts exactly
so deza, continued with the playtest on Tyrant?
Posted on 09/28/09 @ 05:22 PM
yes, and i've already played it 3 times, maybe someday we will be able to completely unbug it hehe
i've sent you another email (i can't give details here :D) but i gotta tell you i am in act II still
Posted on 10/05/09 @ 10:50 AM
Dang...that reminds me.. (I'm back, was on a school trip :P)
definitely going to download this one!
Posted on 10/06/09 @ 01:51 AM
hi bull! it's quite a while now. anything interesting from that trip?
Posted on 10/06/09 @ 01:58 AM
no not really
say, your email was firstname.lastname@example.org. right?
Posted on 10/07/09 @ 01:43 AM
i replied to your mail bull. haven't you received it?