You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

EE General Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Soty

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.59 replies, Closed
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE General Forum » i caught a cheater, plus a lesson on how anti-OOS works
Bottom
Topic Subject:i caught a cheater, plus a lesson on how anti-OOS works
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Anarchy_Balsac1
Marine
posted 08-21-02 07:44 AM EDT (US)         
this guy (*~FBC~*)the maniak is a cheater

i just played a mid DM with him, i was killing him but he kept comming back and i had to give

get this, after i resigned i notcied he was hardly gathering(yet i was the one running out of resources)

well i looked at the economic statistics and they were:

food wood gold iron stone total gathered totalspent
225 240 60 360 0 4885 38507

the way the OOS works is initial + gathered must be > spent

well apearently he had a program that gave him more resources, and counted those cheat resources as gathered

again his name is "(*~FBC~*)the maniak"

Anarchy_Balsac(owner of Anarchy clan in ee)
AuthorReplies:
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 08-21-02 09:42 AM EDT (US)     1 / 59       
thats not conclusive prove the stats doesnt show the initial resources, only gathered and spent. since you're playing DM there are not of resources spent thats not accounted for in the stats at the end. the only discrepancy i see is the total gathered, but maybe you mistyped it or misread one of the numbers. but you should have a screen shot for proof.

[This message has been edited by One_Dead_Villy (edited 08-21-2002 @ 09:51 AM).]

Anarchy_Balsac1
Marine
posted 08-21-02 11:05 AM EDT (US)     2 / 59       
no i triple checked

but starting resources isn't the issue here:

"food wood gold iron stone total gathered
225 240 60 360 0 4885"

the total he actually gathered was 885, but the statistic said it was 4885, which means it's what he likely recieved even though he didn't gather it(BTW after i resigned then left after checking out his base he had 1 wood cutter, and 6 iron miners, must have stopped with the gold and food)

strike killer seems to have caught this guy too

Anarchy_Balsac(owner of Anarchy clan in ee)
ToXiC TaNK
Marine
posted 08-22-02 08:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 59       
well the total gathered does seem weird but total spent seems fine. do u have a screen shot of the stats?

What I just said is a lie.
Anarchy_Balsac1
Marine
posted 08-23-02 00:48 AM EDT (US)     4 / 59       
wouldn't matter if i did, since i got banned from SPSW for calling one of the mods a retard all the time i no longer have anywhere to upload it
SAS_Soldier
Marine
posted 08-23-02 01:47 AM EDT (US)     5 / 59       
Newbies with trainers are why I only play with known players or friends..whom I know do not cheat.

And when I do play newbies, I usually own them anyway even if they cheat, if you have skill you should be able to also.

Anarchy_Balsac1
Marine
posted 08-23-02 03:12 AM EDT (US)     6 / 59       
this guy didn't suck he just couldn't stand to lose i geuss, some people who cheat(although very few) actually don't suck they just don't wanna lose

and BTW-"forever clan - good players but they are dicks"

that's you as well

[This message has been edited by Anarchy_Balsac1 (edited 08-23-2002 @ 03:13 AM).]

Gottahavemoney
Marine
posted 08-23-02 07:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 59       
Balsac1,

I have played countless games against both friends and strangers and I can honestly say that I have never lost to, or even played, somebody that I felt had cheated. Thus, it's hard for me to agree with you that cheating is a big problem in EE.

Also, I have been accused several times by noobs of cheating (ie how can you get an army out so fast you must be cheating!!!). Accusing people of cheating without producing proof (screenshots) is very lame.

vinnie eea
Marine
posted 08-23-02 08:39 AM EDT (US)     8 / 59       
But screenshots don't help all that much... I've got proof of a cheat, plus screen shot of a later conversation... yet I bet people are still going to say that he probably wasn't cheating. The pics are gif's so you can see that they aren't edited (lossless compression)

4 way FFA. Not a DM. The guys friend dropped out at about 5 minutes just saying "I have to go". I smashed the other guy, so it was 1v1 and the guy beat me with an army several times the size of mine and I had made a damned good economy running at the redline- the best player ever would not have had an army 3 times bigger than mine in such a short period of time.

Economic stats: http://vinnies.netfirms.com/at88cheat.gif
I forgot the screenie, but the icyfiredragon tribbed about 50,000 in resources to the guy 3 minutes into the game. Non-dm remember.

The conversation: http://vinnies.netfirms.com/cheat2.gif
It's been posted at two sites now...

Anyhow, do people believe that proof? Or is there even more that they want? (I don't have any more sorry...).

Obsidian
EE Playtester
posted 08-23-02 10:29 AM EDT (US)     9 / 59       

Quote:

I have been accused several times by noobs of cheating

Oh how I sympathize with you on this one. My personal favorite was the guy who just freaked and started saying "You cheater! You're making my screen shake so I can't play!" Granted, it was a pre-nano game where I popped out a prophet very early and was just harrassing this poor guy's town with Earth Quakes and Firestorms. He obviously hadn't been playing long or had simply never used Prophets since he obviously didn't recognize an Earth Quake when he saw one.

[This message has been edited by Obsidian (edited 08-23-2002 @ 01:45 PM).]

SAS_Soldier
Marine
posted 08-23-02 12:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 59       

Quote:

and BTW-"forever clan - good players but they are dicks"

Fine, I could care less what you think of me. And I'm sure Forever would feel the same way in regard to what I said.

And I'm going to have to agree with Gottahavemoney, you didn't post any screenshots to back up your claim...like he said it's very lame.

[This message has been edited by SAS_Soldier (edited 08-23-2002 @ 12:53 PM).]

Anarchy_Balsac1
Marine
posted 08-23-02 04:04 PM EDT (US)     11 / 59       
"I have played countless games against both friends and strangers and I can honestly say that I have never lost to, or even played, somebody that I felt had cheated. Thus, it's hard for me to agree with you that cheating is a big problem in EE.

Also, I have been accused several times by noobs of cheating (ie how can you get an army out so fast you must be cheating!!!). Accusing people of cheating without producing proof (screenshots) is very lame."

well like i said i have no where to upload them, but i'm not accusing him of cheating for being good

i mean i never accused the strike clan or empire robin of being cheaters, i know it seems lame not to provide screenshots but like i said i have no where to upload them

and with how long i've been here i figured my word would be taken for it, but no i'm not calling him one because he's good

SAS - appearently your newer to EE than me or you would know the following:

i used to be the only one who ever talked about "cheating rooks", both on this board and on the sierra server

so if anyone knows about cheating rooks it's me

SAS_Soldier
Marine
posted 08-23-02 04:45 PM EDT (US)     12 / 59       
Actually I've played EE since day one, I'm newer than you here but that is irrelevent.

Next time, post some screenshots to back up your claim.

Quote:

If anyone knows about cheating rooks it's me

Well stop playin rooks and it won't be a problem.

[This message has been edited by SAS_Soldier (edited 08-23-2002 @ 05:09 PM).]

TBZFreeLance
Marine
posted 08-23-02 07:04 PM EDT (US)     13 / 59       
While I can't confirm any of this about Maniak, I certainly have run into cheats a number of times in the game servers, some of which have resulted in the cheater going "out of synch", and some ending normally but with resource discrepancies.

The worst I saw was one in which a player had dropped out of the game after about 3 or 4 minutes, but had tributed over 50k resources to on of his teammates before leaving... we barely won that one. 50k is a HUGE epoching advantage that early in a game, let alone the ability to field a ton of extra troops.

The point here is NOT... "why do these lamers use the cheats?".... it is "why, after so many months, has this obvious major problem not been patched out of the game?"

Lamers will use cheats if they can, and this game must be easy to cheat, given the low average IQ of the 10 year olds who use them.

---

On another point, I have a question, and it could be cheat related, but likely not. Last night, I joined a game and started the usual resource development that characterizes the start of every game for me. I never rush. This game, on a whim, I did, sort of... ran a peon across the map and built a small base there to disturb the peace with, and used it to wreak a token gesure of havoc.

About 20 minutes later, the expected counterstrike arrived, about 20 tanks, machinegunners, ATs, etc. I was ready with a good wall and the start of some bombards to defend with. The defense collapsed in a second when the entire enemy column drove right through my CLOSED gate in a hardened wall. I even locked the gate as the NMEs poured in, and they simply kept right on coming.... every one of them.

There were no freindly units anywhere near that gate, a group of 6 peons had exitted it 5 minutes before and were already at a mine halfway across the map.

Is it possible that all the NME player saw was a hole in my wall, which appeared to be a solid wall to me, complete with modification to add the gate?

Or is it possible that, incensed about the rush (hehe sorry bout that, I really never rush... ) maybe used a cheat of some kind to defeat the barrier effect of the wall/gate?

More curious than anything. I don't care about losing so much as having a high quality fight with good players... it's the fight that's enjoyable more than the results. But I HATE losing when some bit of code corruption wastes all the time I spend trying to develop a good strategy and fight, either by an unfixed "bug".

Has anybody seen this... "bug"....?

TBZFreeLance

Anarchy_Balsac1
Marine
posted 08-23-02 08:32 PM EDT (US)     14 / 59       
"Well stop playin rooks and it won't be a problem."

i have to say that this guys actually didn't seem like a rook, he may have been childish like one in how he obviously cheated because he didn't want to lose

"The point here is NOT... "why do these lamers use the cheats?".... it is "why, after so many months, has this obvious major problem not been patched out of the game?""

because new trainers that will just beat the patch will come out, it would delay the cheating for a while though

"On another point, I have a question, and it could be cheat related, but likely not. Last night, I joined a game and started the usual resource development that characterizes the start of every game for me. I never rush. This game, on a whim, I did, sort of... ran a peon across the map and built a small base there to disturb the peace with, and used it to wreak a token gesure of havoc.

About 20 minutes later, the expected counterstrike arrived, about 20 tanks, machinegunners, ATs, etc. I was ready with a good wall and the start of some bombards to defend with. The defense collapsed in a second when the entire enemy column drove right through my CLOSED gate in a hardened wall. I even locked the gate as the NMEs poured in, and they simply kept right on coming.... every one of them.

There were no freindly units anywhere near that gate, a group of 6 peons had exitted it 5 minutes before and were already at a mine halfway across the map.

Is it possible that all the NME player saw was a hole in my wall, which appeared to be a solid wall to me, complete with modification to add the gate?

Or is it possible that, incensed about the rush (hehe sorry bout that, I really never rush... ) maybe used a cheat of some kind to defeat the barrier effect of the wall/gate?

More curious than anything. I don't care about losing so much as having a high quality fight with good players... it's the fight that's enjoyable more than the results. But I HATE losing when some bit of code corruption wastes all the time I spend trying to develop a good strategy and fight, either by an unfixed "bug".

Has anybody seen this... "bug"....?"

it could be a bug, but i have never heard of it before

but yeah bug or not that's annoying and if it is a bug it still might be cheating if he's using a macro to exploit it

SAS_Soldier
Marine
posted 08-23-02 09:11 PM EDT (US)     15 / 59       

Quote:

i have to say that this guys actually didn't seem like a rook, he may have been childish like one in how he obviously cheated because he didn't want to lose

Prove it.

ToXiC TaNK
Marine
posted 08-23-02 10:45 PM EDT (US)     16 / 59       
Anarchy there are many places to upload pics i myself use MFO though i have only uploaded about 3 pics. but it shouldnt be very hard to find someplace.

What I just said is a lie.
Anarchy_Balsac1
Marine
posted 08-23-02 11:02 PM EDT (US)     17 / 59       
SAS - play him and you'll see he actually has skill

tank - what's MFO?

SAS_Soldier
Marine
posted 08-23-02 11:19 PM EDT (US)     18 / 59       
I only play with friends and known players.

and MFO is a gaming site

[This message has been edited by SAS_Soldier (edited 08-24-2002 @ 00:57 AM).]

Anarchy_Balsac1
Marine
posted 08-25-02 05:27 PM EDT (US)     19 / 59       
way to save yourself there
SAS_Soldier
Marine
posted 08-25-02 09:27 PM EDT (US)     20 / 59       
Safe myself from what? Going through the trouble of finding some guy on the sierra server so I can confirm he cheats? For what? I play about 1 game of EE every 3 days, I have better things to do than find some cheater to find out if you are right or wrong...cause you know what I don't care.

[This message has been edited by SAS_Soldier (edited 08-25-2002 @ 09:27 PM).]

Anarchy_Balsac1
Marine
posted 08-25-02 11:31 PM EDT (US)     21 / 59       
well you told me to prove it, there's your proof

and if you don't care why are you posting on the matter

One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 08-26-02 00:05 AM EDT (US)     22 / 59       
MFO is Mr.FixitOnline...they had the best AOK strategy sites, and most of the experts of AOK posted and hung out there. The EE site is weaker cause most expert players went back to playing AOK, since there wasnt a record game feature or rating system.
SAS_Soldier
Marine
posted 08-26-02 01:08 AM EDT (US)     23 / 59       

Quote:

well you told me to prove it, there's your proof

Hmmm that's funny I don't recall you posting any screenshots.

Very few people would go through the trouble of finding 1 out of many cheaters on the poor sierra server just to confirm that you were correct. And guess what, I'm not one of those few.

Quote:

and if you don't care why are you posting on the matter

I think you misunderstood, I don't care if you were cheated or not. I'm posting on the matter because a lot of good players are accused of cheating, and a lot of people are accused of cheating when it's not really them, a lot of immature kids out there like to impersonate people.

example: my name is SAS_Soldier, you accuse me of cheating, but it was really an SAS_Soldier_ you might have just missed the underdash at the end.

Anarchy_Balsac1
Marine
posted 08-26-02 05:16 AM EDT (US)     24 / 59       
"Hmmm that's funny I don't recall you posting any screenshots.

Very few people would go through the trouble of finding 1 out of many cheaters on the poor sierra server just to confirm that you were correct. And guess what, I'm not one of those few."

well judgeing by your arrogance you should be able to beat this guy so it shouldn't that much trouble

"I think you misunderstood, I don't care if you were cheated or not. I'm posting on the matter because a lot of good players are accused of cheating, and a lot of people are accused of cheating when it's not really them, a lot of immature kids out there like to impersonate people."

and there's living proof that i'm not lying that you are unwilling to take a look at

SAS_Soldier
Marine
posted 08-26-02 03:21 PM EDT (US)     25 / 59       

Quote:

well judgeing by your arrogance you should be able to beat this guy so it shouldn't that much trouble

The trouble is not actually beating him, it's finding him. I'm not going to log on and sit at my computer all day waiting for him.

Quote:

and there's living proof that i'm not lying that you are unwilling to take a look at

No there isn't. If your "living proof" is you posting some numbers and telling us that some guy cheated you that's just sad. I could do the exact same thing to you or anyone else. How do you know it wasn't an imposter?

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames