You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

EE General Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Soty

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.27 replies
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE General Forum » I HATE Priest Towers!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:I HATE Priest Towers!!
CD_Paladin_C0
Marine
posted 05-27-04 05:11 PM EDT (US)         
Once again i go mad past the rage part.AGHHHH I'm ped off.About 80% of the time when i lose(my number of losses is about 7% out of 100%)all my loses were because of priest tower.
Come on when was the last time you were in a foreign country and saw a tower and was like ooo i'm going to join them cause they have a tower. Let's go collect resources for the enemy and kill my old nation cause they have a tower!!!!!!!
I don't know how many times of threatened to sue the person who came up with the idea for priest towers.

Does anyone besides me hate priest towers?

AuthorReplies:
steadilyshine99
Marine
posted 05-27-04 11:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 27       
Priests towers suck, unless you have them. Things like this are in other RTS games. Basically a priest tower is like having three priests in one spot you auto-convert.

Jedi mind, heavily divine, what?, steadily shining 99, what?
Member of HeavenlyDivineDesign
WickerMan_87
Marine
posted 05-29-04 05:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 27       
What are priest towers? How do you get them?
Lusitan Warrior
Marine
posted 05-30-04 05:05 PM EDT (US)     3 / 27       
Priest towers are the special power of the Babylonian civilization. As a special power is only available on AoC.

[RoK] ŁцѕίЂăŋ
{Universal Warrior}>[POR]ŁцѕίЂăŋ
ca_aok
Marine
posted 05-30-04 05:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 27       
Back in the beta when special powers costed fewer civ points, I had a pre-space strategy that involved mostly econ bonuses and building bonuses, and turtling my way into space, and relying on priest towers to gain an early army to fend off attacks, backed by regular towers. I also had expansionism as an econ power, but since they costed more in the full game, it no longer worked

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
lxpeng
Marine
posted 05-31-04 05:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 27       
You're not alone. That's why I ban religion in all the games I host too. Some civ powers are simply so cheap and unrealistic, they ruin all the fun.
Yotek
Marine
posted 06-09-04 07:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 27       
The Mad Czech has *never* lost a game to someone who uses Priest Towers. They are *very* easy to defend against, if you know what you are doing. Clearly, you people don't.

Yotek The Mad Czech uses the 3rd person singular when speaking of Himself in order to maintain the proper amount of distance and objectivity to discuss how truly brilliant The Mad Czech is.
LordLee
Marine
posted 06-09-04 07:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 27       
U shouldnt ban religion or siege or have nr rules those are just cheap ways to play...

Personally I hate rules...

just be prepared for an attack build a few temples to guard against prophets and a few universitys too. its quite easy to block...

lxpeng
Marine
posted 06-11-04 05:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 27       
Not everyone's an expert you know, some people just can't remember everything you need to build at the start of the game.
Lusitan Warrior
Marine
posted 06-13-04 05:52 PM EDT (US)     9 / 27       
Welcome Lord Lee

I personally don't like many types of units like Prophets or Tridents, but since they're part of the game i accept them. Plus there's the old saying: "In war(and love), everything is valid". So you can just put there some rules and expect everyone to accept them, personally i would break them just for the pleasure

ca_aok, you just don't need to repeat, i think everyone got it

[RoK] ŁцѕίЂăŋ
{Universal Warrior}>[POR]ŁцѕίЂăŋ
Natalinasmpf
Banned
posted 06-14-04 10:18 AM EDT (US)     10 / 27       
I have no problem with priest towers. They can be thought of as an enemy covert influence which seep into your country, sort of like the media of today. Uniting the nation behind a strong fundamentalist backed state, it attracts other nations' populations to join, ie. a cultural icon. Or a propaganda source.

What do you again this threat? Smash all signs of dissent Bring up your own influences, your own cultural attractiveness, your own reason why your workers don't feel oppressed and would rather join the more attractive enemy. Your own propaganda to neutralise!

So in short, I don't they are bad at all.

[This message has been edited by Natalinasmpf (edited 06-14-2004 @ 10:19 AM).]

Dr Lorenzo
AOEH Seraph
posted 06-15-04 02:05 AM EDT (US)     11 / 27       
I personally have never used one. I never use anything with the prefix "priest".

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
Str00dl3
Marine
posted 06-15-04 02:34 AM EDT (US)     12 / 27       
Ok, firstly.. Hi to everyone.. Just found this place, looks impressive so I think I may stay awhile, kick back and spread my wisdom.. hehe

Now back to topic..

Priest Towers.. the dreaded and often named noobie tower!!

Personally I never use them.. not because I think them cheap tactics or unfair in any way.. But simply because it’s a major waste of wood and citz power..

Defending against the tower rush is a fine art that takes a lot of practice and an EXTREMELY watchfull eye!! The best defence is a university as many have already mentioned here.. The problem here is that these ‘noob’ towers are available straight outta pre age!!.. yes I know.. tisk tisk and bad performance on sierras behalf with this.. So if you find yourself in pre/stone or whatever and don’t have the luxury of universities you need to make sure all avenues to major resource is covered by tower defence.. The key to ‘noob’ towers is there range or lack of range I should say.. Upgraded towers will always keep those pesky citz away from building any within range of resource piles.. If they rush with more then 10 citz to get the job done then ofcourse you need to compensate with your own army/citz whatever you have available.. The key mines to protect at this stage of the game ofcourse are stone and food.. so don’t at all costs allow any ‘noob’ towers to be built in there vacinity..
I always get that second stone pit for the first 3 epochs as fast as I can.. and protect them as much as possible.. You can never have enough stone towers in the first 3 epochs!!
Now back to that watchfull eye.. what I mean by this is, these damn towers are cheap and can be built as fast as a flash!!!! So always keep an eye on your base, and more importantly.. those important mines…
Ofcourse even with all these protections and procautions, some little turd will get a priest tower up in your base one day… The best assault against these things is trickery!!.. You never want to send an army that can later be converted and sent right back at you.. obviously!! Well what you do is simple.. build dogs!! Use your dogs as spiritual sacrifices for there towers.. remember each tower when fully charged will convert 3 men!! So make sure you have enough dogs plus a few more if they are clever and backed there ‘noob’ towers up with stone mines.. Soon as the dogs have been sent in.. Send in those guys that carry the logs (I can never remember there damn name) and knock down those damn things.. A better stratergy yet!! Have a prophet rdy at the side, send in your log men to knock down the temples in there mini priest base and start quaking the hell outta them!!!.. Its always good to have a few upgraded archers on the side to kill any citz attacking your log men…

Well that’s about it from me.. hope this helps you guys out there in ee land to defend against the evil priest tower rush…

lxpeng
Marine
posted 06-15-04 05:16 PM EDT (US)     13 / 27       
You have a point there. In a prehistoric islands game once, I was priest tower rushed and had no defense that would not convert to the other side.

If you experts think priest towers are so easy to defend against, what will you do if you were priest tower rushed early in the game, without a stable economy or military, and in an age where universities are not invented yet?

Natalinasmpf
Banned
posted 06-15-04 09:26 PM EDT (US)     14 / 27       

Quote:

If you experts think priest towers are so easy to defend against, what will you do if you were priest tower rushed early in the game, without a stable economy or military, and in an age where universities are not invented yet?

Surrender? Honestly, I would have a stable enough economy/military for me to scout out for people who would priest tower rush me.

LordLee
Marine
posted 06-16-04 02:20 AM EDT (US)     15 / 27       
letting enemy cits in/behind ur town is a huge mistake... keep them out of ur lands and ull prosper better... normally u have to whip out clubs almost instantly. and for the losers who waste their time building these evil towers u just rush 'em up..
lxpeng
Marine
posted 06-16-04 04:36 PM EDT (US)     16 / 27       
You'll have a stable economy and military within 5 minutes of a standard high game?

And I did have several clubmen, but he had bought like 10-15 citizens over and I did not have time to kill them all, by that time he had already finished his tower and began on another one. I had no sampsons yet either, just a handful of clubs for simple defense. And if you have experience, you'll see that priest towers don't need a lot of time before they have enough power to convert, nor do they need a lot of power to convert a unit.

The only way I won was inferring that he concentrated too much on his rush and so his home base is probably undefended, so I sent my citizens with some military to an uninhabited island and built up a base there, and destroyed him.

[This message has been edited by lxpeng (edited 06-16-2004 @ 04:38 PM).]

Natalinasmpf
Banned
posted 06-17-04 09:00 AM EDT (US)     17 / 27       

Quote:

You'll have a stable economy and military within 5 minutes of a standard high game?

Not generally stable, but stable enough for me to defend myself against such towers. You need active reconnaisance.

Str00dl3
Marine
posted 06-17-04 09:05 PM EDT (US)     18 / 27       
ive topld you already... in a sh game you have enough stone to build defense against these towers.. if they do however get inside your tower lines and manage to build a tower use everything you have to destroy it before it is capable of converting.. You would be surprised how little time it takes for 30+ citz to destroy them... and build more towers.. keep your eyes open and if you have to, hot key your towers to attack individual citz when they start building within range.. itll speed up the process of killing the lil shits..
ZBrisk
Marine
posted 06-18-04 01:37 PM EDT (US)     19 / 27       

Quote:

Come on when was the last time you were in a foreign country and saw a tower and was like ooo i'm going to join them cause they have a tower.

When was the last time you were anywhere and saw an old guy with a stick and was like ooo i'm going to join them cause they have an old guy with a stick.

Natalinasmpf
Banned
posted 06-19-04 09:41 AM EDT (US)     20 / 27       
Because of the things he says?
lxpeng
Marine
posted 06-19-04 10:39 AM EDT (US)     21 / 27       
He preaches.
CD_Paladin_C0
Marine
posted 06-25-04 00:59 AM EDT (US)     22 / 27       
hmmm some intellegent posts here.

Ok heres the deal. I usally play 3v3 or 4v4 pre-spac standard sh.
I'm a tower rusher lol (got to love em) and the key to me is to kill off 1 enemy as soon a possible. once u choose ur civ u got exploration and expainism for scouting out an enemy and the tower building time and range for the rush. what makes me mad is whenn u find someone and rush them then u find that they had both priest towers and expansionism(nearly 70 points....).
A tower rush doesn't really have a strong eco due to their civ so they have to take another base to support the resources they lose due to the villagers rushing instead of collecting resources.

Silver Light
Marine
posted 06-25-04 06:59 PM EDT (US)     23 / 27       
Hey Lusitan and Lord Lee

I too hate priest towers, but u just need to have rules or no rules. I say no rules, and maybe this power can be in the dust. I'm sure they won't add this to EE2. I hope they don't. Sometimes i like religion wars where it's religion only and the rules are set and locked.

cyberninja11
Marine
posted 07-03-04 11:32 PM EDT (US)     24 / 27       
Most people cannot build priest towers around thir entire base. If you are extremely afraid of them, just go around! Or, just swamp it with a giant army, or shoot them from a distance with snipers, siege, ect.

Do logic bombs make you smart?
lxpeng
Marine
posted 07-06-04 01:52 PM EDT (US)     25 / 27       
We're talking about primitive swords and spears here where back in the time everyone was more religious, not when wars are fought with nuclear missiles and B-52 bombers.
kevo
Marine
(id: kevingamer prime)
posted 07-06-04 07:30 PM EDT (US)     26 / 27       
No one likes things that kill your units. Get over it and go around or something.

¯\/\\evo'_____________________________________
¯¯//¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
"i get more IM's from AOL System Message than from everyone else"-Anonymous
LordLee
Marine
posted 07-06-04 10:02 PM EDT (US)     27 / 27       
when i play early ages i try to teach people that religion is a force to be dealt with and that they should learn to defend against it....
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames